996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wrapped up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009 | 03:11 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Wow that is really cool! Do you know what kind of material they used?

Old 10-30-2009 | 03:35 PM
PEF
|
PEF is infamous around these parts
I will ask for more specs. It's the latest version... thicker,more protected against sunshine and more colors than before. Even yellow matte

Thanks for the reactions guys!

Old 10-30-2009 | 04:21 PM
c2scanada is infamous around these parts
Great job. How many hours/days did it take to install ?

Old 10-30-2009 | 07:32 PM
paulycw is infamous around these parts
Looks good.

How durable is this material and how long can this last on the car without causing damage to the underlying paint?

Old 10-30-2009 | 08:27 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Looks amazing man!! I'm definitely going to do this to my car soon...

Can you post pics of the door james and seams? Thanks!

Old 10-31-2009 | 11:00 AM
PEF
|
Originally Posted by c2scanada
Great job. How many hours/days did it take to install ?
It took em 3 days. But they removed the front and back, spoiler and air intakes.

Old 10-31-2009 | 11:07 AM
PEF
|
Originally Posted by paulycw
Looks good.

How durable is this material and how long can this last on the car without causing damage to the underlying paint?
They told me it had the same specs as paint but you have to be more careful when you clean the car. No carwashes and no high pressure. It might let some stripes on the surface. No dought it is more fragile than paint. I'll let you know when I removed it because of misery

Old 10-31-2009 | 11:12 AM
PEF
|
Originally Posted by audikp
Looks amazing man!! I'm definitely going to do this to my car soon...

Can you post pics of the door james and seams? Thanks!
Soon! It's something they have to redo. I had some folds. At first I thought it wouldn't disturb... (and I wanted my car back!) but I want it to be fixed. Without a problem they'll do it again.

Old 10-31-2009 | 11:22 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Looks very good! Anybody in the ny nj ct area do this type of work?

Old 10-31-2009 | 11:33 AM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
absolutely awesome, totally bad ***, love it

Old 10-31-2009 | 12:19 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PEF
Soon! It's something they have to redo. I had some folds. At first I thought it wouldn't disturb... (and I wanted my car back!) but I want it to be fixed. Without a problem they'll do it again.
if you dont mind can you post some pics of the folds and then pictures after its fixed?

thanks!

Old 10-31-2009 | 12:51 PM
PEF
|
This is the pic that gives the best impression of the color irl.

And with a smile

@audikp... I'll take some pictures of it but I removed the pieces. Just decided that we'll try em in matte black. Hope the result will be much better!

Old 10-31-2009 | 04:08 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I gotta' say, that came out VERY very nice! I hadn't really thought that I'd ever consider a wrap but the look of your car has me seriously thinking of it as a viable option! Please do share some close-up pics of seams and whatnot. What happens if you scrape a spoiler or something - easy fix or no?

Old 10-31-2009 | 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by PEF
@audikp... I'll take some pictures of it but I removed the pieces. Just decided that we'll try em in matte black. Hope the result will be much better!
cool, thanks!

Old 11-26-2009 | 07:44 PM
falcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to behold
Very Very Nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wrapped up!