996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

/// EVOMS [S-351] 1000 HP Monster Build Begins - Project Name to be Determined \\\

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
It's been 10 years since the first 996tt came off the assembly line... and I'm aware of(edit) 3 that ran a 9s sec pass...
On paper we should have at least 5 P cars running 9s easily... yet we do not even come close...
so lets be realistic and bang away at the 9s before we start talking 8s... its not that easy... it takes a lot of money, time, patience, good people, good driver, and some luck... The more HP you have the harder it is to drive...

mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 05-04-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:01 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
While it is quite an accomplishment for these cars to run
9's or better they are just not setup for drag racing. Not sure
who wants to chop one up with the drag suspension, transmission,
etc that it would take.

These cars are great for highway pulls and road courses the
fact we have some guys running 9's is just amazing!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:03 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
I agree with much of what you say. How many minutes do you think a 1800 hp boxster motor will last. Maybe 5 minutes? I intend to make one run at maximum boost and retire it to a street motor producing 1000 hp @ 1 bar boost.
A 1000 hp @ 1 bar. Really.............

Is that at the crank or at the wheels?

Old 05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
It's been 10 years since the first 996tt came off the assembly line... and I'm aware of 2 that ran a 9s sec pass...
On paper we should have at least 5 P cars running 9s easily... yet we do not even come close...
so lets be realistic and bang away at the 9s before we start talking 8s... its not that easy... it takes a lot of money, time, patience, good people, good driver, and some luck... The more HP you have the harder it is to drive...

mark
+1
Especially the last part. It doesn't get any easier.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Is Joe taking his car to the track and I dont know about it....
I was actually talking to Todd about this yesterday....Care to join?
Chad ...I admire your patience and what you are trying to accomplish and do think the car will be something special(when its finished) but can we wait till it actually is something special (by producing a special number).

Slossfather is

Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Racing at E-town...all the free porterhouse I can eat at Peter Lugars... a complimentary black Ford GT as my rental beater.... OK, I'll go

Old 05-04-2010, 07:43 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Racing at E-town...all the free porterhouse I can eat at Peter Lugars... a complimentary black Ford GT as my rental beater.... OK, I'll go
E-town...keep us posted on that date!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Captain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the rough
I've known Bryant for 20 years and in all of that time he has defied the odds with what people said he could do with his cars. Much of that has to do with driving skill. Not that I condone the activity, but on the street there are few who have been as successful. The point here was not to build the ultimate conceivable Porsche (that is merely a matter of cubic money and diminishing returns); rather, to build a mind-numbingly fast street car with manners and the Curriculum Vitae to back it up. Todd Z. and his crew have helped create such a ride for Bryant - one that he will find tremendous enjoyment from. It's a beautiful ride and one that can outrun virtually any current street driven Porsche or other make.

I love stealth! Nice going guys - was great to see it run those numbers tonight!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Slossfather is
Don't you worry Joe. Your name and photoshop are coming!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I dont know how long it will last, i dont even know if it will ever make that HP.. Your in unchartered waters where the MOST PROVEN 6cyl motor of all time the 2jz even has trouble holding 1800hp for long.. I wish you luck though because if you pull it off it will be a sight to see..

Mike
Mike,

We have made a few engine dyno runs and then taken it back apart each time (that is how we discovered the bearing issue ) ......... power has surpassed the biggest Porsche CAN AM motors the 70's. Our concern is the case. As Robert Linton said to me, be careful how far you push it, with that motor tested in LA you will find parts in Nevada when it comes apart.

We shifted goals several months ago. We know where the motor can go. We don't know how much above 1500 hp it can go. Our goal now is to make a solid 1000 hp @ 1 bar with an incredible response.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:35 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Chad ...I admire your patience and what you are trying to accomplish and do think the car will be something special(when its finished) but can we wait till it actually is something special (by producing a special number).
Sure Joe, you want a ride or to drive it this summer?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:46 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your new beast.
Robert

Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Captain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cjv
The instrument in catching or recording the car at the end of the quarter is referred to as a trap or trapping the speed. Not positive but I understand it actually takes the average speed over the last so many feet of the run.
Capt. Obvious strikes again. Yes, I understand that this term is used....it's a rhetorical question... hee hee.

If I understand it correctly, the MPH is actually registered 66 ft prior to the timing lights and 66 feet after. Keep the pedal to the floor, boys!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
Capt. Obvious strikes again. Yes, I understand that this term is used....it's a rhetorical question... hee hee.

If I understand it correctly, the MPH is actually registered 66 ft prior to the timing lights and 66 feet after. Keep the pedal to the floor, boys!

I always thought the traps were 132ft apart and they measuered the time it takes to cover that 132ft?

Old 05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
The "Slossfather"
I just fell off my chair !! LMAO !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: /// EVOMS [S-351] 1000 HP Monster Build Begins - Project Name to be Determined \\\