996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

/// EVOMS [S-351] 1000 HP Monster Build Begins - Project Name to be Determined \\\

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:37 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HOTPANTZRN
If RobMD wins, I'll quadruple that and they will be all in $1 so he can fan them out. I will even add free framing for him, too. If Slosspranos wins I want 40DDD and anything that can be "implantable".
Just who is the mystery gal who wears the "HOT" pants in the Slosso
(S-351) family ?

Once again, I would start small...say 36DD

Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Jim Campbell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
We will be scrutinized so bad with an AUTO trans.. It will put the car in the 8s but then it still wont be even close to the SUPRAS and VIPERS anyway.. We need to work with what we have in 6spd.. I know 100% the missing link in the entire equation of these cars.. They have HP already, they have the Tilton Carbon, they now just need THE PROPER H Pattern Trans to be built by the right company.. I have already had lengthy discussions with who i have in mind..

Mike

Mike,

What is the issue the standard H pattern? Is it that gear ratios too tall for the quarter?

Another thing i don't understand is why lots of big power 996 turbos run in RWD? I noticed the Switzer Sledgehammer ran in AWD when it went 9.7sec and the TT Gallardo guys think its their best feature. Does the 996 front diff not deal with the extra torque adequately? I imagine having to run in RWD is harming the progression of quick E.T's after all GTR's in Japan were running low 9sec quarters and 13sec 0-300kmh times on nitto street tyres through H pattern boxes more that a decade ago.

Ta

Last edited by Jim Campbell; 05-06-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HOTPANTZRN
If RobMD wins, I'll quadruple that and they will be all in $1 so he can fan them out. I will even add free framing for him, too. If Slosspranos wins I want 40DDD and anything that can be "implantable".

Old 05-06-2010, 07:05 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Mr Big
We all like them big... from big turbos to big breasts
Cheers and once again congrats on a big accomplishment
Robert

Old 05-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Bimmer09 is infamous around these partsBimmer09 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jim Campbell
Mike,

What is the issue the standard H pattern? Is it that gear ratios too tall for the quarter?

Another thing i don't understand is why lots of big power 996 turbos run in RWD?
Ta
I hear at 700rwhp the AWD system starts to break. The Gallardo must have a much stronger AWD system to allow them to run 1300rwhp.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:19 PM
HOTPANTZRN is a jewel in the roughHOTPANTZRN is a jewel in the roughHOTPANTZRN is a jewel in the roughHOTPANTZRN is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Just who is the mystery gal who wears the "HOT" pants in the Slosso
(S-351) family ?

Once again, I would start small...say 36DD
Yes Mr. Woodster. We're from the same family but NOT THE SAME PERSON!!! Oh by the way, I thought it was YOU who gave me the nick name and now it stuck with me every where I go from work to home. Oh the coolest part is that it cracks people up. Can I join the club? I hope this is not the '"Gent" club. Is it? Do I need to have a porsy? Well slossfather is working on it. I think he got my grandpa ride sold!!!!
Do you really think 36DD is big enough? Well, I can decide that later once Mr.MD accept his own challange. I'm in.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Just FYI guys the # in boob sizes is measuring under the *****, not the *****. So typically, a 32D is "better" than a 46D. :d

Haha

Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Captain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the rough
Implants, in my humble opinion, are not worth the saline solution with which they are filled. Give me natural every time....

I digress. Let's talk cars and street smack here. It's not always more power that wins contests - it's who can make best use of the power and who can out drive the other guy. When are the brave souls going to put up to find out? <taps feet>

Old 05-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Captain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the roughCaptain Obvious is a jewel in the rough
There is a thread over at the infamous TCStangs.com whereby the diminutive owner of an Orange/Black Striped Z28 of the 80's vintage has fitted his car with a new turbo system and a healthy small block Chevy. He does nice work. In fact, his car was featured in the February issue of Car Craft. Then it had twin t-70s, now a single of larger size.

Tonight they got it running and posted a short video of the car sitting and running. I decided to wet a line and I asked, "Will this car/driver race 6 cylinder cars?"

The Bravado was strong with this one as the response came back, "in all honesty, no nutswinging, there's no chance any 6 cylinder should be able to have a prayer against this car. Unless the pumpkin blows up" The car is affectionately referred to as "the pumpkin" due to the hue...

His sig states 9.33@147

Interesting...

Old 05-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
There is a thread over at the infamous TCStangs.com whereby the diminutive owner of an Orange/Black Striped Z28 of the 80's vintage has fitted his car with a new turbo system and a healthy small block Chevy. He does nice work. In fact, his car was featured in the February issue of Car Craft. Then it had twin t-70s, now a single of larger size.

Tonight they got it running and posted a short video of the car sitting and running. I decided to wet a line and I asked, "Will this car/driver race 6 cylinder cars?"

The Bravado was strong with this one as the response came back, "in all honesty, no nutswinging, there's no chance any 6 cylinder should be able to have a prayer against this car. Unless the pumpkin blows up" The car is affectionately referred to as "the pumpkin" due to the hue...

His sig states 9.33@147

Interesting...
Typical Naive 8cyl guys.. There are plenty of 4cyl cars that would hand him his ***.. The v8 guys are slowly learning what 6cyl cars can do as Titan just ran a 3 second 1/8th mile with 180ci of car vs. 600 and 800ci cars..

Old 05-08-2010, 08:30 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I suspect someone is going to get sloss'd soon.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bimmer09
I hear at 700rwhp the AWD system starts to break. The Gallardo must have a much stronger AWD system to allow them to run 1300rwhp.

aren't KPG and Topgun in AWD mode still? and they are well over 700 whp.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
They are over 900whp.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Jim Campbell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bmoores
They are over 900whp.
So why is it that so many big power 996 turbos run in RWD, particularly at the strip?

Still curious to know what the issue with the standard 6speed is?

Like i said before i don't understand why these big power turbos are not running as fast as(previous gen) GTR's. The power is there, the weight doesn't seem to be too diffrent and i would think the rear weights bias of the 911 would help with traction off the line.

On the topic of auto's while it would help with ET's it sort of seems to go against the ethos of a 911. In this video it just seems weird to see a GTR with a slusher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq48VWJF6ck&feature=fvw

Sorry to keep bringing up GTR's, i like porsches honest, im just trying to understand.

Ta

Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jim Campbell
So why is it that so many big power 996 turbos run in RWD, particularly at the strip?

Still curious to know what the issue with the standard 6speed is?

Like i said before i don't understand why these big power turbos are not running as fast as(previous gen) GTR's. The power is there, the weight doesn't seem to be too diffrent and i would think the rear weights bias of the 911 would help with traction off the line.

On the topic of auto's while it would help with ET's it sort of seems to go against the ethos of a 911. In this video it just seems weird to see a GTR with a slusher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq48VWJF6ck&feature=fvw

Sorry to keep bringing up GTR's, i like porsches honest, im just trying to understand.

Ta
Many reasons. First of which is the 6 speed versus an AUTOMATIC which is infinitely easier to launch if you are a drag racer. Second is that there is lots of weight over the rear which gives lots of grip. problem is that the suspension was designed for handling not drag racing, so you get wheel hop. 911's have always had this issue. As for weight, where do you think that they are close in weight? the GTR is 3800 lbs. My turbo stock weighed in at 3360 lbs, no mods except exhaust.

If the 996tt had come out with pdk in it's day it would have easily been as fast as a GTR stock. probably faster. I met a GTR owner this weekend. Seems like everyone I meet who is not a fanboy says the same thing. "it's a fast car, but it has it's issues. one being quality and the owner has the new launch control which goes at 2500 rpm instead of 4200 rpm. He did one launch and the trans now does not feel like it use to, it shifts slower and is generally more sluggish and clunky. He also said that at the track it was fast for one or two laps then when everything got hot it started to slow down big time. Again, the difference in quality between a 996tt that sold new for 130+k versus a GTR at 75k (with it's 22k tranny) is quite obvious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: /// EVOMS [S-351] 1000 HP Monster Build Begins - Project Name to be Determined \\\