996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

/// EVOMS [S-351] 1000 HP Monster Build Begins - Project Name to be Determined \\\

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
does not surprise me at all ....... Other than the crack. This guy was really lucky. Evo is correct, not if but when.

Being the first to bend rods on the 996tt i understand all too well.
+1000

Old 10-31-2009, 07:22 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
This could of been a 20K disaster...and then you start stock all over again . Call me conservative but I would rather spend money up front and do it right . Maybe this & the other blown motor recently will be a wakeup call...this isn't a honda or chevy that you can replace for 3-5 grand.

Good Job Evoms...
No kidding, maybe we can get Dart to start making sleeves and Eagle to make rods for us?

Old 10-31-2009, 07:30 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Very interesting, any chance you guys could post some details on this program or put something on your web site about it? I see rods, gaskets, valves, nothing about crates....
To quote one of the EVOMS customers, +1000.
In all seriousness, I would be very interested in this program and its details.

Originally Posted by BLKMGK
No kidding, maybe we can get Dart to start making sleeves and Eagle to make rods for us?
Now you're talkin! The price obviously doesn't need to be (nor should it be) equivalent to a small block chevy forged rotating assembly, but the HUGE gap sure could be shortened!

But at the end of the day, the vast majority of the cost of these motor builds is in the labor from what I gather.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:11 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
The car currently has 14,601 miles on it, I bought it with about 9100 miles and was nearly stock when I purchased it. Very shortly after I purchased the car (about 100 miles) I started my build....Did some shopping and decided to buy a "EVOMS" knock off 700 kit with GIAC tuning. Well....Being a know off kit they for forgot a few critical components, A GOOD FUEL SYSTEM. I found this out about a year after the build. The car made 621 rwhp / 637 rwtq on race fuel at a 12.9 AFR, 1.55bar. Thanks god I actually beleive in "real" race fuel, not that crap out of a pump. Made a quick call to speed gallery and the shipped me off a band aid fix. A higher FPR and some 997 injectors. Installed that and back off to the Dyno... 621 rwhp / 652 rwtq at 11.9 AFR on race fuel at 1.55 bar. That seemed better but still not right. So all the time Luis was barking in my ear to give Todd Z a call at Evoms and he could get me the fueling components needed to do what I was looking for. Fed up with the Speed Gallery band aids, I called Todd Z. We talked about what I was looking to do and where I wanted to be and he made some recomendations, and offered to ly to MN and tune my car. I said to myself "damn that seems like a great idea". So my relationship with Todd Z and the crew from Evoms began.

Todd sent me a actual GT700 fuel system, a Evoms Y pipe, liquid cooling kit for the turbos and I added a set of Evoms clubsport intercoolers, carbon fiber turbo inlet piping and removed the cats, and added a set of Evoms hybred 30/71s I bought from Sharky. Installed all these parts and headed off to the dyno, after hours of the dyno and several discussions with Todd he pushed the car to 682 rwhp / 672 rwtp at 1.4 bar of boost. Happy with that we called it good.

Then Luis gave me JoeTwinTs number....Not good, That guy truely is a "Bad Influence!" He gave me all sorts of wonderful ideas. LOL So I called the "Crack Dealer" Mr. Todd Z and we descided on a set up that would be good for me. (we spoke about it a bit on his visit to MN, but not in detail). So I guess the rest is history. I havent really been able to come up with a clever name like Arts B9R but I am sure Ill come up with something. Maybe Ill call it Project White Trash...But Im not sure yet.

I am looking very forward to seeing my car build and keep all who are interested posted. As you can imagine, it is going to be a long winter here in MN. To anyone that thinks you can make 700 plus wheel hp safely....Think again, I VERY rarely dig race my car, NEVER run it on pump gas (Race Gas from a barrel only) and hardly ever race further then 5th gear. Yes I do "race" my car, but NEVER abuse it! I cant afford to be wasting money doing dumb things. If any of you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thank God I didnt have a mess, looking at the pics I was very close to just that.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Is there any way to scope a Motor to see any bending or cracks with out opening it up?

Old 10-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Bryant,

I am glad nothing really bad happened. I posit that the crack most likely developed when you did not have the full fuel system.

Having said that, with my new full Proto intake system I will probably make over 700 on C 16 and 1.5 bars.

However my plans are to run my car 99.9% of the time on Texas 93 (we have the best pump gas in the states) and 1.1 bars and make 580 or so to the wheels which should be safe. This thread has made me even more hesitant to turn up the boost.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Is there any way to scope a Motor to see any bending or cracks with out opening it up?
Sorry Walnut, but the procedure that your doc gave you is not transferable to Tweety.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Bend over Paulie

Old 10-31-2009, 08:25 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Paulie, I know the equipment is out there. I've seen jet mechanics with borescopes and other crazy stuff but I think the question is whether the aero stuff will articulate enough and is small enough. That's a good idea though.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:28 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I was wondering if you could go from the oil pan drain & maneuver the scope past the crank to see the rods.I am not familiar with the Boxster style layout.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Bend over Paulie

Eowwwww ouch I think I will pass,but I am sure Sean will pay good money for that experience,although he is use to much bigger devices.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:42 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I agree with Jitsu on this one. Damage probably done while running 1.55 bar, 12.9 AFR, and 621 RWHP on essentially stock fueling system. I think its a testiment to the engine integrity that it survived a year of those conditions.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:18 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
First of all Congrats Bryant Second, great photos and awesome description that I enjoy most. Third, Looking forward to this build. Gotta come up with the build's name though, hmmmm.....Bryant I feel your pain brother, I went thru my own headaches which I will not make comments here from SG, it was not good.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Bryant,

I am glad nothing really bad happened. I posit that the crack most likely developed when you did not have the full fuel system.

Having said that, with my new full Proto intake system I will probably make over 700 on C 16 and 1.5 bars.

However my plans are to run my car 99.9% of the time on Texas 93 (we have the best pump gas in the states) and 1.1 bars and make 580 or so to the wheels which should be safe. This thread has made me even more hesitant to turn up the boost.
The two killers for stock rods are raising the redline and torque .......... and a little time.

Last edited by cjv; 10-31-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:35 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Wow!Pretty scary stuff.......The funny thing is the car sounded absolutely normal when I was in AZ a couple of weeks ago.Bryant even mentioned that it really didn't sound out of the ordinary when i spoke to him about it.That rod with the crack most likely would have just snapped and ruined the whole motor without any warning.Again pretty scary.Todd ,thanks for the insight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: /// EVOMS [S-351] 1000 HP Monster Build Begins - Project Name to be Determined \\\