996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need help on Kreissieg exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:20 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
Need help on Kreissieg exhaust

My upgraded 996 TT has developed a CEL issue. The O2 sensors are throwing errors. I had the guys at Vision Motorsports in Laguna Niguel look at it and their conclusion is that one of the cats is failing.

I bought the car with the current exhaust system installed. It is a Kreissieg F1 exhaust with a switch, allowing you to switch from Cats to straight pipes and back again at the push of a button.

I have looked online but there is not a lot of information on these exhaust systems. I have emailed Vivid, who seems to be a reseller.
If anyone else has any ideas on where to source a replacement cat (and how much that might cost), that would be helpful.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Check and see if one of the bypass values on the exhaust is stuck in the bypass position.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
I think they are a Japanese company - lemme know if you need help sorting it

Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
German Co. Exhaust valves that switch from open exhaust to muffler sticks. Otherwise a good exhaust.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by robertp
German Co. Exhaust valves that switch from open exhaust to muffler sticks. Otherwise a good exhaust.
Wont doubt you on that one but do you know what's their webpage or something? www.kreissieg.com is obviously a japanese site

Old 11-02-2009, 07:06 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
Thanks Guys,
I looked at their website and they do state the exhausts are built in Japan.

Now, to all the posters who believe I might have a sticky valve:
1. How can I verify that and
2. How should I fix it?

Thank you for all your feedback.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
You might try asking in the Cayman section. I know they are a popular aftermarket exhaust for the Cayman.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks Larry!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
We are a dealer for Kreissieg. Let me know what setup you are looking for exactly.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks.
I am looking for a replacement Cat for my Kreissieg F1 VT.
The system is for a 2002 Porsche 996 TT.

Let me know what other information you need, please.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pvanosta
Thanks.
I am looking for a replacement Cat for my Kreissieg F1 VT.
The system is for a 2002 Porsche 996 TT.

Let me know what other information you need, please.
I spoke to them at SEMA about this. They will give me an answer next week when everybody is back in the office.

Peter

Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks Peter,
I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm still not convinced that this wasn't just a sticky valve due to the car's inactivity.
Since the last reset of the error code, the CEL code has not returned and I have driven the car daily and fairly hard.

I have not yet dared to switch to the bypass valve but will do so in the next day or two.

In the meantime, I'd like to know what the symptoms are for a failing cat.

Thanks.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Here's the latest after speaking with my indie:

I need a replacement CAT for the passenger side of my Kreissieg exhaust (2002 996 Twin Turbo)

Please let me know:
1. How much this part would cost.
2. How soon I can get it shipped to California if I ordered one.

I'd appreciate a speedy response. If I can't source a Kreissieg original part (or if it's too expensive), I can have one manufactured.

Let me know.
Thanks
Patrick

Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pvanosta
Here's the latest after speaking with my indie:

I need a replacement CAT for the passenger side of my Kreissieg exhaust (2002 996 Twin Turbo)

Please let me know:
1. How much this part would cost.
2. How soon I can get it shipped to California if I ordered one.

I'd appreciate a speedy response. If I can't source a Kreissieg original part (or if it's too expensive), I can have one manufactured.

Let me know.
Thanks
Patrick
Hi Patrick,
I'm getting that info for you now. Shouldn't be long. If you'd like, PM me your email address and I'll email you as soon as I have the info.

-Tom

Old 11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks Tom.
PM sent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help on Kreissieg exhaust