996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Trim rings installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Msindi... Just add a little silicone and your set

Just got a few sets from Eric yesterday!!

Heres my old set!!

Last edited by Kevin M; 09-25-2003 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by msindi
Jack - how do you attach these ?? mine are "out for delivery" according to UPS tracking...
Kevin covered the silicone adhesive -- you can also use very thin two-sided tape strips or just about anything "sticky".

Old 09-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
got mine from Eric yesterday - gonna try and get around to putting them on this weekend!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 09-25-2003, 02:25 PM
doncapecod is infamous around these parts
Hey Kevin: What's involved with guage face and guage surround change? Your's look great. I've got the "bug" again. Mine is looking too "plain"

Old 09-25-2003, 02:39 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Where can i get two sided thin tape?? Is the silicone you refer to like a glue?? definitely dont want something permanent....
HELP!!

Old 09-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Silicone is the way to go. When it hardens it "rubberizes" so it can be peeled off w/o any after affects. Because the rings fit loosely you should hold each ring in place until the silicone sets up. Obviously start with the tach ring and work out.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:46 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Where can I get this silicone?? what is it called??

Old 09-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Don, I found a used cluster bought it, then swapped out mine with the new one.. Also added the carbon piece around the cluster.. All very simple to remove.. Just did my buddies last week, takes maybe 30 mintues.. I can email you instructions.. the hardest part is finding a factory cluster 02 Tip for you.... I've yet to see one of those... My other buddy went the NRAUTO way. with that aftermarket dials.. I will have his car next week. So I will take some pics of the two dials for comparison.

Old 09-25-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm looking at the tube of silicone now. It has no code No. Just called "GE Silicone I Clear Rubber Sealant"

Old 09-26-2003, 04:32 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I ran into a little "interference" when working from the outside in and still recommend doing center first and going out. GE silicone I or II clear is perfect. If you get any on the face or surround it can be wiped up before it sets. If you let it set and try to remove the excess it may also pull some of the silicone under the ring. Use light coating and not beads or drops b/c the ring adapts pretty well and you will have excess oozing out the sides.