996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Trim rings installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Trim rings installed!

Got the trim rings the other day after who knows how long and snapped a before and after. Fit is OK and I had to do a little bit of work with my Dremel around the edges. Clear silicone holds them in but the fit isn't as passive as it should be, which would have been perfect. A little bind here or there required a little bit of creativity but the result came out just fine.

Before

Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
After

Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2003, 09:45 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Looks good, where did you get the rings? How hard was installation? How much did you pay?

-Lou

Old 09-24-2003, 09:47 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
That looks fab! I like the rings with black faces.

Now you need a silver Porsche emblem air bag to match.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Bumperplugs Makes the rings. They are one of our sponsors!!

Old 09-24-2003, 11:16 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Mine should be here tomorrow...Looks good!

Old 09-24-2003, 01:50 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Duane
Thanks, I have emailed Eric and am awaiting response.

-Lou

Old 09-24-2003, 06:25 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Nice touch Jim.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:45 AM
Thanks! Great Oak, all I need is to be prying off the airbag emblem and POW! Maybe I'll leave that one alone. I saw ESK's red-face gauges but think it might be too red for what I'm after. I do want some additional red inside, but haven't decided just what it is yet. Install is relatively easy, a light coating of silicone inside the ring. I used the paper end of a match to thin it out so you don't get excess oozing out on the gauge face or elsewhere. You may have to use something to hold one or two of them in place, so try in all the pieces first to see which ones fit perfect and which have some flex. Put the center one in first and than work outwardly. It definately dresses up a previously plain display.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Sean is infamous around these parts
looking good Jim

Old 09-25-2003, 08:37 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Jim, inside looks great but imo don't go crazy with too much red inside-must be the Italian in you!

Old 09-25-2003, 08:40 AM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Duane
Technically speaking , Dansk of Denmark manufactures the trim rings and Eric (Bumperplugs) sells them. Eric is the BEST!

These new ones are far better made than the previous generation with a significantly improved finish. As a result, Eric decided he didn't need to do any paint/refinish work to this new generation gauge bezel set. They are, in fact, real aluminum and can be polished, if desired, for a bit more sizzle.

BTW, my recommendation for the install is to start by attaching the outside pieces first, working towards the center and doing the center gauge bezel last.

Last edited by Jack(LA); 09-25-2003 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:07 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Jack - how do you attach these ?? mine are "out for delivery" according to UPS tracking...

Old 09-25-2003, 09:15 AM
Andrew708
jim.....looks great!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Ron @ PESTuning is infamous around these parts
Looks good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trim rings installed!