996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Side by side racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:00 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Jamie, I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. But myself and several 6 speeders were at the 3/4 mark for Rob's roll on with the SC300 and after the misshift he was reeling him in, quickly as well. Dennis, Paulie, Nick, Todd (BlackwhorseTurbo) and a few others can testify to that. The race with SW is a whole different story that I cannot attest to. I would have expected Rob to reel Chris in even after this missed shift if Chris was running around 750rwhp and Rob is at 900+ though.
I was there too. The problem is the angle at which we were watching and the video angle. If he was 'reeling' him in quickly he would have passed him as they went through 3 gears. It's hard to judge a 1 car difference at those speeds at the distance we were watching. The point is one slow shift over a 100mph speed delta and an 800hp SC still beats Rob's car.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:20 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I was there too. The problem is the angle at which we were watching and the video angle. If he was 'reeling' him in quickly he would have passed him as they went through 3 gears. It's hard to judge a 1 car difference at those speeds at the distance we were watching. The point is one slow shift over a 100mph speed delta and an 800hp SC still beats Rob's car.
Fair enough. From our angle Rob was closing the gap quickly. I'm not a fanboy of either side for the record. I think some of the **** that has been coming out of peoples mouths on the board recently is ridiculous. I don't get all the talk and not having anything or doing anything to back it up. There are some very delusional people around.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:30 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
I think some of the **** that has been coming out of peoples mouths on the board recently is ridiculous. I don't get all the talk and not having anything or doing anything to back it up. There are some very delusional people around.
Agree. This has almost always been the case with 6speed....

Old 11-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Actualy, 6speed was once a forum for gentlemen: Doctors, educators, professionals, poets and other upstanding representatives of the automotive community. Then one day, sadly, that all began to change and the rif raf from the Supra and various other morally subversive and spiritually bankrupt communities started to migrate on over.

I can even posit the approximate moment when the degeneration began: Protomotive GT2 almost finished!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Hey Rob, how about you and I do a little side by side?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbsteven
Hey Rob, how about you and I do a little side by side?
Let's make it a three way. I want in to see how bad these high HP beats my little stock motor car from 60 up (anything less is just useless for me). Sadly I'll be out of it at about 140 or so because I'm not going to go deep into 5th at the power I'm making on a stock motor.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Actualy, 6speed was once a forum for gentlemen: Doctors, educators, professionals, poets and other upstanding representatives of the automotive community. Then one day, sadly, that all began to change and the rif raf from the Supra and various other morally subversive and spiritually bankrupt communities started to migrate on over.

I can even posit the approximate moment when the degeneration began: Protomotive GT2 almost finished!

I agree....once enthusiasts from a few of the fastest mod platforms started to look into Porsches years ago and started calling out the the BS that guys like yourself who came in later with K&N intakes on their G35's....the schooling began. A few new, more experienced shops started to appear which totally changed the landscape and which has really helped this platform. Personally, I have met a number of good guys on here who had no real prior mod experience but like quality, fast cars and know their limits. Then there are guys like yourself, who....well....I don't need to go any further.

Last edited by OhioGT2; 11-20-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Admitedly, I did not know much back then...however I have learned quite a bit since.

Your sense of humor, on the other hand, has not grown whatsoever. Must be the long, cold, snowy Ohio winters.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Admitedly, I did not know much back then...however I have learned quite a bit since.

Your sense of humor, on the other hand, has not grown whatsoever. Must be the long, cold, snowy Ohio winters.
Don't take it so personally Sean. I used to hang out with the class clowns back in school....

Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Everyone I've met from this site have been really cool, at least to me. I am the youngster of the group, so I always expect for people to think I'm just some know nothing kid that just throws money at anything.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Everyone I've met from this site have been really cool, at least to me. I am the youngster of the group, so I always expect for people to think I'm just some know nothing kid that just throws money at anything.
I'm glad you have respect for your elders youngin!!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I'm glad you have respect for your elders youngin!!
you've got what, 1 or 2 years on our boy CP?

Old 11-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
you've got what, 1 or 2 years on our boy CP?
Hahaha .... try 28 days.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Shut up, really?

Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Let's make it a three way. I want in to see how bad these high HP beats my little stock motor car from 60 up (anything less is just useless for me). Sadly I'll be out of it at about 140 or so because I'm not going to go deep into 5th at the power I'm making on a stock motor.

Sounds good to me. Ill run just about anybody. I might win, you might win and having a good time is all I really care about. One thing I know for a fact is there is always someone out there that is faster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Side by side racing