996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Side by side racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Let's make it a three way. I am not really confident enough to handle a woman all by myself. Sadly I'll be out of it after 30 seconds or so because I lose control if I go deep.

BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbsteven
Sounds good to me. Ill run just about anybody. I might win, you might win and having a good time is all I really care about. One thing I know for a fact is there is always someone out there that is faster.

Jason, did you see that I posted the Channel 13 bit?

art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

That is an awesome attitude toward any race. I can attest that Jason is a very stand up guy and was super cool before our roll on race in Tx. After he showed me the Joedirt pics and took off his hat it was over No matter what we do, there is always someone faster and that's life.

Sounds good to me. Ill run just about anybody. I might win, you might win and having a good time is all I really care about. One thing I know for a fact is there is always someone out there that is faster.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Don't take it so personally Sean. I used to hang out with the class clowns back in school until they beat me up and took my lunch money.
fixed

Old 11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
BTW, I should have my new set up by next week and I want in on the action with .....um....Chris......good lord I have really set myself up this time.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
BTW, I should have my new set up by next week and I want in on the action with .....um....Chris......good lord I have really set myself up this time.

I'll run ya for ****s and grins.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:16 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Ben - you are my boy, and I hate disagreeing with my friends, but, I do have to keep it real... I too was there and to me it seemed like after Rob missed a shift, there was NO pulling, rather an even race. If he was pulling hard like you state, he would have walked by Chris in his SC. Does it really matter to me? No, not really...but some of us saw it completely differently.

Sean - it wasn't the Supra guys that came over and caused havoc, it was guys with modified G35's that bought a Porsche and thought 450 HP was fast that knew next to nothing about the car culture and modded cars. Those guys learned "a little" and all of a sudden became subject matter experts...coupled with the "creep" factor, they have degregaded the community. Having said that, there are still LOTS of great people here, lots of friends and enough great people that make it worth sticking around.

Peter

Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Ben - you are my boy, and I hate disagreeing with my friends, but, I do have to keep it real... I too was there and to me it seemed like after Rob missed a shift, there was NO pulling, rather an even race. If he was pulling hard like you state, he would have walked by Chris in his SC. Does it really matter to me? No, not really...but some of us saw it completely differently.
Peter,

All good buddy. We definitely had a few different vantage points of the run amongst 6speeders alone. I can only share what I saw which is by no means accurate or factual only what I saw. See you tomorrow hopefully!!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Jason, did you see that I posted the Channel 13 bit?

where?????

Old 11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by bmoores
I'll run ya for ****s and grins.
If I win I get your tee shirt

BTW, what point is it having Peter on my ignore list if you keep quoting him?

Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I agree 100%. It's all in fun. People get their panties in a wad so fast sometimes if they lose or even win sometimes (and I don't understand that one). I have a good feeling I'll have trouble reading the Mullet plates because I'll be that far behind! Rob on the other hand better be at 2.5bar. Anything less could be a bad idea on his behalf. I know for sure he doesn't want to go one on one at 1.8/9 bar with me! All in all I just want a shot at the fastest Porsche in Houston to see how well I do against it!

Maybe Saturday or Sunday we can meet up if they 60-130 gets rained out. I'm finishing up all my network drops tonight at the house, plus it's raining so that crosses tonight as a chance.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I hate to admit it, but I was cracking up after I read that...

Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Chris,

Congrats again on the amazing 60-130, you have the fastest stock block 996 based car in the known universe now. But how are you safely running 1.8 bars? I know that reduced timing helps but even so, over 1.6 is pretty scary, IMO.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 11-20-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
If I win I get your tee shirt

BTW, what point is it having Peter on my ignore list if you keep quoting him?
I have an awesome t-shirt just for you Sean.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Chris,

Congrats again on the amazing 60-130, you have the fastest stock block 996 based car in the known universe now. But how are you safely running 1.8 bars?
It's all in the tune Just a proper amount of fuel to cool the cylinders and a low amount of timing. One thing to keep in mind is that I'm not always running that amount of boost. I normally run with either the Boost Controller turned off (13psi) or 1.2/3 bar on pump gas. My timing is so low and there is so much fuel that is really safe on pump to run that much.

Now the car is going under the knife again for a small brain implant possibly next week to help with future endeavors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Side by side racing