996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Side by side racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
No need for any interaction b/w us...you know damn well I want NOTHING to do with a creepy guy that hangs out with boys.
Peter

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
If I win I get your tee shirt

BTW, what point is it having Peter on my ignore list if you keep quoting him?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
But how are you safely running 1.8 bars? I know that reduced timing helps but even so, over 1.6 is pretty scary, IMO.

Since you have learned so much recently....serious question....why do you think running over 23 psi is scary on a 996?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:19 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Now the car is going under the knife again for a small brain implant possibly next week to help with future endeavors.
Come on....lets stir some **** up and have some fun...tell everyone why!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Come on....lets stir some **** up and have some fun...tell everyone why!
Sir! You know to much! This is G14 Classified information! Also why is it that when I call Justin to discuss this stuff you end up calling or just got off the phone with him.... hmmm.......

Old 11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
Sir! You know to much! This is G14 Classified information! Also why is it that when I call Justin to discuss this stuff you end up calling or just got off the phone with him.... hmmm.......

We typically BS a couple times a week...you on the other hand apparantly talk to him hourly and try to beep through!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
We typically BS a couple times a week...you on the other hand apparantly talk to him hourly!
It's every 2 hours! Get it right Mr. Carter!

Ok... Ok... I'll tell everyone... Geez!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:55 PM
A built motor will soon be coming for the car in the next few months (or whenever I get the money). It will be a 3.6ltr motor with a few tricks here and there. I will also be turning the boost up to 2.5bar+. And if we are not happy with the power we will be throwing a set of 6262 Billets on the car. With that being said at this point in time we are limited to tuning remotely with my inability to actually send my car to Tony @ EPL (cost for shipping being my reason). Right now I do not think there is a tuner in America that has tuned a car that makes 843rwhp remotely with only Durametric logs. Another point to mention here is that this was done with a one-off MAFless tune that Tony developed. Tony is an amazing tuner and I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me. The car hauls major *** as it is. With that being said here is what will be going on over the next few weeks. I will be switching to a custom Standalone setup that Justin Nenni (Tuning Concepts) developed. This will give us complete control of the fuel/ignition/etc. There will still be work on Tony @ EPL side of things for certain parameters that only the DME can control. Between the two I feel, in my honest opinion, will have the best tuners anyone can get. Don't let this fool you though, choosing to go this route is very expensive. Though the rewards will be worth it in the long run. I will be able to make changes on the fly for things such as different weather, track conditions, etc...

So I guess the cat is now out of the bag!

Old 11-20-2009, 02:03 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Great Info and thanks for sharing. We should compare are two cars on the dyno. I would like to see the differnces.
Good luck
R

Old 11-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Since you have learned so much recently....serious question....why do you think running over 23 psi is scary on a 996?
I am just going by what I have been told by my tuner and that is not to go over 1.5, even with good gas. I understand that Chris is running less timing which makes it possible to turn the boost up, but I would still be a bit nervous considering the price of these motors. Now with the additional control and refinement of a standalone then 1.8 is probably very safe.

More power to Chris for pushing the envelope. I plan on beating 5.5 but I will not even attempt to hit 5.1, not an attainable goal for me, so carry the torch young man and keep us geezers entertained.

BTW, is Boost Logic offering a deal on a built motor/1K rwhp standalone package? I would be interested especially if Tommy Banh is involved.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:14 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I am just going by what I have been told by my tuner and that is not to go over 1.5, even with good gas. I understand that Chris is running less timing which makes it possible to turn the boost up, but I would still be a bit nervous considering the price of these motors. Now with the additional control and refinement of a standalone then 1.8 is probably very safe.

More power to Chris for pushing the envelope. I plan on beating 5.5 but I will not even attempt to hit 5.1, not an attainable goal for me, so carry the torch young man and keep us geezers entertained.

BTW, is Boost Logic offering a deal on a built motor/1K rwhp standalone package? I would be interested especially if Tommy Banh is involved.
The boost level will vary from application to application. Todd K has ran the 24/20 cars up to 1.75 in the past and I know that on my specific application he has said i'd be good to run 1.6 with the correct fuel.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Great Info and thanks for sharing. We should compare are two cars on the dyno. I would like to see the differnces.
Good luck
R
Rob,
When we do the tuning for the standalone tuning I can and will offer a few free passes on the same Dynojet, that Tommy uses. The dyno is located in Pearland (I don't know any other dyno owners personally that I trust to use their dyno). If needed to I will even help supply the C16 for you. The Dynojet is one of the only dynos that cannot be tricked basically. I know your car will make gobs of power even on this dyno. I'd really like to see the spool differences on my turbos vs yours @ 1.8/9 bar on the same dyno on the same day. It'd be interesting to see how much the 3.8ltr helps over a standard 3.6ltr. Then we can turn yours up to full tilt and see what she bust off! When I do build the motor we will do the same thing again, possibly even on the same amount of boost!

Try to have a good day in this miserable weather! I want to be out tearing up the streets in the car, but it's just rain... rain... rain... So I'm stuck balling out in the Jeep-a-thon.

-Chris

Old 11-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
VR has been trying to talk me into running 1.6.....I will talk to Todd. He has said in the past that I can go 1.6 but he does not officially recommend it (I guess that is called covering ones ***).

Since it does not look like I will be close to the stock block 996 60-130 record anymore, there is no sense in risking a BOOM just for a roll on race.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:23 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris
Sounds good and I can not wait to see the differences. I will have it all data log for Todd K to take a look and digest. Additionally, I keep two 55 gallon drums in my garange if you ever need some. Lastly, Akram has a dyno as well if Tommy's dyno is ever down.

Robert

Old 11-20-2009, 02:29 PM
VR has been trying to talk me into running 1.6.....I will talk to Todd. He has said in the past that I can go 1.6 but he does not officially recommend it (I guess that is called covering ones ***).

Since it does not look like I will be close to the stock block 996 60-130 record anymore, there is no sense in risking a BOOM just for a roll on race.
Todd is doing the right thing. I don't think any tuner will suggest to a customer that they should try what I have done. I told both Boost Logic and Tony @ EPL that I wanted to push the car as far as it could go. If I could do it all over again I may have even turned it up to 2bar sustained to see if she held together the day I made 843rwhp.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Chris
Sounds good and I can not wait to see the differences. I will have it all data log for Todd K to take a look and digest. Additionally, I keep two 55 gallon drums in my garange if you ever need some. Lastly, Akram has a dyno as well if Tommy's dyno is ever down.

Robert
Well you beat me, I only have 10 gallons of MS109 sitting in the garage... Suddenly I feel very small LOL!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Side by side racing