996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Side by side racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
You beat me to it Corey, nice video!! That is SW's UGR TT G. I think he won the show. His Supra was the record holder also, very nice guy chatted with him a little bit, he is from Houston.

SW is from Austin.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:07 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
The story I got was the TTG was not racing because he did not have to because the 996 jumped and was disqualified.SW's TTG is.a base ttg and did not run 230 in the mile.Joanah's car is the one that went 230 and makes about 1500 to the tire.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:25 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Lol at the commentary by Akram...........there are so many inaccuracies in that video that i will comment on them later.....don't have the time now....at work.What a joke!!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:34 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Could someone cliff note the scene / senerio(s) as I'm not up on all the TexMile and confused as to the who is who and the truth and the BS.

Thanks.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjbravo
Could someone cliff note the scene / senerio(s) as I'm not up on all the TexMile and confused as to the who is who and the truth and the BS.

Thanks.
The guy being interviewed is Akram he built the Porsche in the video and drove it in this video. The car belongs to member RobMD. He was running the Gallardo TT belonging to member StreetKing (SW).

Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
SW has pretty much Street King status. He has been over 220 more times than I can count and dusted everyone at TWS the day I competed there as part of the Supra Nats 2 years ago.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Banned
FullTilt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Dennis, it's called building the drama. He's hyping the show.

There are enough people who were at the event who know that SW was declared the winner of the roll on eliminations. As I was the one who made the call, you can deduce what conclusion I came to pretty easily.

That being said, until the footage is dissected and edited together, I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation. Myself, I've quickly reviewed the footage - enough to know the right call was made, but not to the point where I feel comfortable giving a complete analysis and blow-by-blow of the run.

It will make very good viewing - especially the part where people can make their own assumptions about who would have prevailed had the start been different.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
SW owns and drives the fastest Supra and has the record at the Texas Mile at 246 mph. He ran that same Supra a few weeks ago at the mile and went 243 mph before lifting the head on it. He then was forced to slum around in his Black TT Gallardo built by UGR (UnderGroundRacing); (Texas Plates say: SWTTG). The only running he did up and down the mile was for fun during lunchtime on Saturday which is when RobMD's car was being run (against previously overdiscussed Lexus Turbo), and a White Viper TT, etc.
SW never did an all out run in his TTG for a couple of reasons, the main one being it is not REGEARED like the UGR TTG's (black,yellow, and orange) that were blistering down the mile all weekend). SW told me he would be bouncing off the rev limiter in 6th at just over 200 mph because of stock gearing.
SW is a fabulous "Car Guy" and drives the S**T out of his cars. He beat me and ATOMIC Z (decimated me) in a relatively stock, but well set up Z06 at TX2K8 at Texas World Speedway.

MK

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 11-06-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Heffner to UGR
Old 11-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Interesting....

Old 11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
SW can drive the sh** out of just about anything with wheels. That's a well known fact as I've seen it first hand for many years. Akram I consider a friend and a no BS kind of guy. Maybe he got the initial hit and didn't realize it, I don't know. I find it hard to believe what was said in the interview to be untrue from his vantage point.

Both are great guys that know how to represent Texas...

I thought SW's Gallardo was built by UGR...? Looking forward to seeing more footage.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
First and foremost I never did nor would call anybody out......not my style.I am too boring .......I will just show up and run my car.Here is where I was called out......
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...liad-5.htmlhat
Second that Mustang is no where near 1200 hp and certainly not 1400 hp with a whipple on it.The Ford GT which has a more efficient engine design than the Mustang will make 750 on pump and 850 on race gas twisted to the ***** with a whipple.The Mustang will make less.I was at the 3/4 marker(finish line for the roll ons)and the Mustang was walking hard......another 50 ft and the Mustang would have walked right by the Porsche.
Third the "other Porsche camp" that supposedly called out the Motorworks 996 most definetly did stay together motorwise.Had it not been for a popped sunroof and some fine landscaping it most certainly would have been doing a roll on against the Motorworks 996.
Fourth ......Let's see the driftbox data from the passes the Motorworks 996 made on the mile prior to the roll ons.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:24 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
YUP, hung out with him at the Hotel very nice guy. Stang was making well over that number. I've heard over 900+whp to the ground from my sources.
I have raced and built mustangs for many years. If that car has a Whipple or Kenne Belle, it is NOT making 900 plus wheel hp. Not to mention that car weighs more then 4000lbs! If I was Rob...I would be looking for excuses to why that mustang beat him, but hey...Thats racing boys, sometimes the faster car doesnt always win. (assuming Robs car is actually faster)

W.T.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:30 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
No video in the cars? That and a video at the end would put all this to rest.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
good video. 2 a/f gauges in the console? so the 996tt beat the GallardoTT?
He's watching both banks at the same time - can see misfires when it goes lean or catch a lack of fuel. Kind of low to be of serious use though, warning lights in the driver's vision line would have been a better way to go IMO but I guess the AEM's make for a nice disco show.

Joe, you said the GT has a more effecient engine design than the Cobra... I thought they were both using 4cam heads and 5.4s, what's so much different?

In car video would indeed have rocked and for a pro video a portable system to drop into the cars would've been great!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Joe, you said the GT has a more effecient engine design than the Cobra... I thought they were both using 4cam heads and 5.4s, what's so much different?
Heads/cams are specific to the GT and the GT is a dry sump motor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Side by side racing