996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Side by side racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
SW owns and drives the fastest Supra and has the record at the Texas Mile at 246 mph. He ran that same Supra a few weeks ago at the mile and went 243 mph before lifting the head on it. He then was forced to slum around in his Black TT Gallardo built by Heffner (Texas Plates say: SWTTG). The only running he did up and down the mile was for fun during lunchtime on Saturday which is when RobMD's car was being run (against previously overdiscussed Lexus Turbo), and a White Viper TT, etc.
SW never did an all out run in his TTG for a couple of reasons, the main one being it is not REGEARED like the UGR TTG's (black,yellow, and orange) that were blistering down the mile all weekend). SW told me he would be bouncing off the rev limiter in 6th at just over 200 mph because of stock gearing.
SW is a fabulous "Car Guy" and drives the S**T out of his cars. He beat me and ATOMIC Z (decimated me) in a relatively stock, but well set up Z06 at TX2K8 at Texas World Speedway.

MK
Psssttt...Marty....SW's Lambo WAS built by UGR .

LMAO at all the mis-information in this thread posted by people (Marty excluded-he has a good excuse...he's been without a fast car for a while)!!! Where's the popcorn smiley at!!!

Tim

Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjbravo
Could someone cliff note the scene / senerio(s) as I'm not up on all the TexMile and confused as to the who is who and the truth and the BS.

Thanks.
Pretty simple actually.... many people spent much time,money and effort to run their cars, others just ran their mouths. Many left the Mile looking for ways to improve their car for next year, others left looking to improve their excuses for next year.....
That video is good 'ol fashioned revisionist history at its best..

Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Pretty simple actually.... many people spent much time,money and effort to run their cars, others just ran their mouths. Many left the Mile looking for ways to improve their car for next year, others left looking to improve their excuses for next year.....
That video is good 'ol fashioned revisionist history at its best..

Does this mean you are going to attempt to beat Tom for the up and coming event or come up with better excuses why you didn't?

Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joetwint
Heads/cams are specific to the GT and the GT is a dry sump motor.
Ah, I knew about the dry sump but had forgotten. I thought the heads were Cobra heads and didn't know what they did for cams. I read about some of the durability testing they did on that motor - had the crank damper go up into the roof of the cell as I recall The Lightning testing was apparently not strenuous enough to cause that particular failure

Thanks!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by S-351
Does this mean you are going to attempt to beat Tom for the up and coming event or come up with better excuses why you didn't?
Tom beat me fair and square. Tom had a faster car. No excuse will change the results so why try....

As for next year, whether or not I try to improve my car significantly will have no bearing on Tom beating me last event....... Oh, God. I cant even keep a straight face on that one

Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Tom beat me fair and square. Tom had a faster car. No excuse will change the results so why try....

As for next year, whether or not I try to improve my car significantly will have no bearing on Tom beating me last event....... Oh, God. I cant even keep a straight face on that one

Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 PM
KPG
Hey W.T. .... dont you need to put on your wifebeater t shirt and strap in for the Cops marathon on TV...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Hey W.T. .... dont you need to put on your wifebeater t shirt and strap in for the Cops marathon on TV...
You are not the only one that can multi task Mr. KPG

W.T.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
KPG
You are not the only one that can multi task Mr. KPG

W.T.
Nice try, but there is no way I will refer to you as Mr. White Trash....

Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Nice try, but there is no way I will refer to you as Mr. White Trash....
Thats fine...Rob doesnt either, and you are at least as cool as he is.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Ah, I knew about the dry sump but had forgotten. I thought the heads were Cobra heads and didn't know what they did for cams. I read about some of the durability testing they did on that motor - had the crank damper go up into the roof of the cell as I recall The Lightning testing was apparently not strenuous enough to cause that particular failure

Thanks!

The GT motor is a completely different one than what's in the Mustangs and trucks. My GT motor (internals) is bone stock except for the bolt on TT kit. It still has the SC on it and we put down 994 rwhp. I ran 13 200+mph runs in my GT (I am fairly certain no other car ran that many 200+mph runs at the Mile this time).

Durability......yep it's got it.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
jb do you know anything about the mustang? It is a local car isn't it?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
the white KR1000?

don't know anything about it other than when I asked what kind of power it was putting down (they said about 1000). I was lined up to race them on Sunday, did my burnout and popped a axle. If their power output was close I would say it would have been a fairly close race but they did say they have 2nd and 3rd gear traction problems.....this is where I would have the advantage as my car hooks in 2nd gear and up with the R6's on.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:37 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
They meant 1000 crank hp as they told me it put down around 850 rwhp. Who knows...it's all moot at this point.

Rob is coming and running at our 60-130 event on 11/21 so we will all see how fast his car is. I have high expectations for his car as over the past few months I've gotten to know Rob better and I trust that his car is every bit as bad a$$ as he says it is...

Peter

Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by houstonT
Rob is coming and running at our 60-130 event on 11/21

Peter
Great news! Good luck Rob.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Side by side racing