996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Side by side racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:22 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
What up JoDirt I was told the car is 1200BHP. Did you fix the axles on that beast?

Originally Posted by jbsteven
the white KR1000?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
What up JoDirt I was told the car is 1200BHP. Did you fix the axles on that beast?
Art...You never stop amazing me with your posts, 1st you said the car made 900 whp, then 1000 and NOW 1206..."bhp"! Are you serious, unless you are speaking of another mustang.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned
FullTilt is infamous around these parts
the white KR1000?

don't know anything about it other than when I asked what kind of power it was putting down (they said about 1000). I was lined up to race them on Sunday, did my burnout and popped a axle. If their power output was close I would say it would have been a fairly close race but they did say they have 2nd and 3rd gear traction problems.....this is where I would have the advantage as my car hooks in 2nd gear and up with the R6's on.
I was sorry to see that happen. I was looking forward to seeing your car do another run. Looked like more than 1000, to me. Beautiful.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Every person will say different things and that's what I heard. The car is definately putting down 1000whp. You know how it's out there, every person will claim more or less but when you watch the race the car puts down crazy power, very obvious.

Originally Posted by S-351
Art...You never stop amazing me with your posts, 1st you said the car made 900 whp, then 1000 and NOW 1206..."bhp"! Are you serious, unless you are speaking of another mustang.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
axles are fixed and upgraded. doing a little small this and that right now on the car....cosmetic stuff.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FullTilt
I was sorry to see that happen. I was looking forward to seeing your car do another run. Looked like more than 1000, to me. Beautiful.

yeah me too. good thing it was just a simple axle pop instead of something serious.

SW and I were talking on Saturday and he thought it might have been he and I duking it out towards the end. I'd like to believe that too. I'll be ready next time.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

The GT motor is a completely different one than what's in the Mustangs and trucks. My GT motor (internals) is bone stock except for the bolt on TT kit. It still has the SC on it and we put down 994 rwhp. I ran 13 200+mph runs in my GT (I am fairly certain no other car ran that many 200+mph runs at the Mile this time).

Durability......yep it's got it.
I'll have to dig up the article I've got. They had decided that the motor had to run something like 24hours WOT or somesuch before they would declare it done. Rods, pistons were upgraded I know, better blower, and umm yeah an upgraded damper! Don't recall what all else was different but it was an interesting read. Guys I knew at the time were hopping up Lightnings and finding the rods less than happy at high power levels Pretty interesting dyno sessions, it was amazing what little changes would do to make power on those Lightnings. Pretty nice motor overall, a shame they made so few GTs and no longer make the Lightning...

How's the response of the turbos on top of the blower? I really like the compound boost idea and you don't see it often enough IMO.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
axles are fixed and upgraded. doing a little small this and that right now on the car....cosmetic stuff.
A cosmetic Nitrous kit?

Old 11-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
I'll have to dig up the article I've got. They had decided that the motor had to run something like 24hours WOT or somesuch before they would declare it done. Rods, pistons were upgraded I know, better blower, and umm yeah an upgraded damper! Don't recall what all else was different but it was an interesting read. Guys I knew at the time were hopping up Lightnings and finding the rods less than happy at high power levels Pretty interesting dyno sessions, it was amazing what little changes would do to make power on those Lightnings. Pretty nice motor overall, a shame they made so few GTs and no longer make the Lightning...

How's the response of the turbos on top of the blower? I really like the compound boost idea and you don't see it often enough IMO.

basically the SC does the work below 4000rpm and then the turbos take over. pretty much a bunch of power all the time. dyno graphs show up to 250 more hp than a non SC tt'ed GT below 4200 rpm. At my power levels it is pretty much the best of both worlds.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
A cosmetic Nitrous kit?

hehe....nah. I don't do nitrous (too many variables to go wrong to grenade a motor).

Safe and pretty much bulletproof is the setup I have.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
With a supercharger AND turbos you don't need nitrous IMO. The supercharger is full time and the turbos don't need anything to excite them into boost down low. Some way of disengaging the supercharger at high RPMs might be interesting but complicated. Personally I'd LOVE to run a car with both a blower and turbo. Got any dyno sheets? The torque production ought to be awesome

Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 PM
dip is from wheelspin

Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by basupra
Psssttt...Marty....SW's Lambo WAS built by UGR .

LMAO at all the mis-information in this thread posted by people (Marty excluded-he has a good excuse...he's been without a fast car for a while)!!! Where's the popcorn smiley at!!!

Tim
Someone told me it was a Heffner, I will edit because I HATE misinformation. My apologies. Yes my new platform is now and forever
300 CRANK HP. Do not get me started on what the WHP is on my AWD
Volvo !

Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
The GT motor is a completely different one than what's in the Mustangs and trucks. My GT motor (internals) is bone stock except for the bolt on TT kit. It still has the SC on it and we put down 994 rwhp. I ran 13 200+mph runs in my GT (I am fairly certain no other car ran that many 200+mph runs at the Mile this time).

Durability......yep it's got it.
My hat is off to you !

A good friend of mine and Atomic Z's is a former, F1 engine builder for Cosworth and he would call you motor "Lazy HP"
...Which is a good thing, by the way

Old 11-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODSTER
My VOLVO hp curve

wow, that is awesome for a VOLVO. Is that a GT42 force fed by an 8-71 blower on the volvo?

just trying to spread more disinformation to keep S351 happy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Side by side racing