996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Side by side racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
Damn... I was waiting for the King himself to post in the thread. I know that Lambo has the blue car covered any day of the week. I think SW has a few rides that will show Bluey the tail lights I've seen 3 of them with my own eyes, thanks again for letting us check out you beautiful collection of rides SW.
Chris
Is your car ever going to run? You know where I live if you want to give me a run

Robert

Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Rob I just went out (tonight at 8pm) and ran a 5.16 not even trying... I'll gladly turn the boost up another lb or two and go one on one with Bluey. Hope you bring all your boost with you. This little 3.6ltr has a lot of bite to go along with the bark

PS: I'll even let you borrow the driftbox for the run. It'll give you a number finally. Hell if you want a real power number to brag about, aka Dynojet. I'll even give you a free run on the one Tommy Bahn dynos ALL the big HP cars he builds on.

Last edited by Powell; 11-18-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 PM
streetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond repute
quote=Powell;2623357]Damn... I was waiting for the King himself to post in the thread. I know that Lambo has the blue car covered any day of the week. I think SW has a few rides that will show Bluey the tail lights I've seen 3 of them with my own eyes, thanks again for letting us check out you beautiful collection of rides SW.[/quote]

Anytime Chris, you have one of the baddest Porsches out their, I'm sure you are going to "school" alot of cars out there..

Originally Posted by _Zac
From what I've gathered SW's TTG has the blue car covered with power to spare.. Though I'd still love to see a rematch it is almost pointless.

Rob 2.5bar is a lot of boost in the porsche world, even talking about it could blow your motor!!

SW, I talked to you a bit at the last TX2K about your M5. Did you ever try that "burnout mode" launch?
Not yet, I had the Dinan 5.7 stroker done a few months ago, I do burnouts everyday going to work.

Originally Posted by robmd99
It is all fun.... If you come great and if you dont then I am certain we will meet again.
Cheers
Robert
No problem, I'm sure we will get a chance to line up soon..

SW

Old 11-19-2009, 07:36 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
How did SW end up having to go on the defensive here? I'm a little confused.
Rob, I know Bluey is fast but you may be barking up the wrong tree here. SW has validated any claim he's ever made far beyond anything most do to validate their claims. Regardless of what happened at the Mile I think its safe to say there was no clean run.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I would say that SW's TT Gallardo has a 4.0 60-130 in her. I wish he would come to one of our 60-130 events. How about it SW?
Peter

Old 11-19-2009, 08:01 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
How did SW end up having to go on the defensive here? I'm a little confused.
Rob, I know Bluey is fast but you may be barking up the wrong tree here. SW has validated any claim he's ever made far beyond anything most do to validate their claims. Regardless of what happened at the Mile I think its safe to say there was no clean run.
Ben

Keep in mind...this is Rob we are talking about here.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
I have to agree with Ben here, sw's G puts down a good 300 WHP more then then your car .

Old 11-19-2009, 09:44 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by unvmy996
I have to agree with Ben here, sw's G puts down a good 300 WHP more then then your car .
I dont think robs car has anyhing for SW. With that said powell vs rob could be intersting, I think rob would need to give powell the move though if he is down more then 150whp. 60-160 with rob getting the move would make for a badass video.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys
I am interested in having fun. Yes, I would like to run SW since he is the defending champ. I am not attacking him but asking him to come down to one of our events and hang out. For the most part, Peter puts on a good show and most of the good action takes place before or after these events. If I offended SW; which I feel I have not then, it was all in fun and never anything personal.
R

Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
It is all fun.... If you come great and if you dont then I am certain we will meet again.
Cheers
Robert

Rob,

Why is it that every single person who has ever raced you/akram gives a different story of what happened? These are not isolated differences, but literally most of the 'fast' cars you've raced have beaten you, yet your reality is different?

I was waiting for someone else to comment on how ridiculous Akram's comments were on that interview....

Old 11-20-2009, 08:10 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Guys
I am interested in having fun. Yes, I would like to run SW since he is the defending champ. I am not attacking him but asking him to come down to one of our events and hang out. For the most part, Peter puts on a good show and most of the good action takes place before or after these events. If I offended SW; which I feel I have not then, it was all in fun and never anything personal.
R
I don't believe SW is the 60-130 defending champ....Peter, has he ever run this event?

Come down to one of 'your' events....as I understand it, you've never shown up to run before?

Old 11-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Jamie

Texas mile?

I raced Mr Boost Logic, if you look at the video you can tell that I pulled him hard and maybe even pulled a wheelie but lost do to a miss shift. Win or loose it was a great day!

Christian's White Mustang, which is built and 1100 RWHP motor ask Christian, Nate or Robert. We beat them at the mile. Before this race, Akram called me I told him not to take any chances. Hence, we decided to turn down the boost a little for safety.

Gallardo. The motor felt strong after the race with the mustang so he turned up the boost up to the maximum. They should have just line back up and ran again.

Supra Nats

Karem and his 43 PSI motor (??RWHP). Raced him atleast 7 times that night and beat him after he just demolished Soroush and his Ford GT.

Soroush, great guy with a very fast Ford GT. I have beaten him in every race except for one that I missed shift because of a cranked case.

There are several other cars I have raced and beaten. There was a video that showed several of these races that was once posted here. You can searcd for it if you like.

I was at the mile and would have raced you or anyone else who wanted to line up to do the roll on races but I did not see anyone else from this board step up to race me.

Jamie, You and several other people try to make these post to personal and if it contiunes then I will refram from posting. My goal is to have fun and hang out with some great guys.

Robert

Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Jamie, so far SW has not come to any of our 60-130 events....I wish he would! As for defending champ, the records at our events are:

6speed - my old car at 4.51
Auto - Bob Helms car at 3.93

Peter

Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I don't believe SW is the 60-130 defending champ....Peter, has he ever run this event?

Come down to one of 'your' events....as I understand it, you've never shown up to run before?

Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Jamie

Texas mile?

I raced Mr Boost Logic, if you look at the video you can tell that I pulled him hard and maybe even pulled a wheelie but lost do to a miss shift. Win or loose it was a great day!

Christian's White Mustang, which is built and 1100 RWHP motor ask Christian, Nate or Robert. We beat them at the mile. Before this race, Akram called me I told him not to take any chances. Hence, we decided to turn down the boost a little for safety.

Gallardo. The motor felt strong after the race with the mustang so he turned up the boost up to the maximum. They should have just line back up and ran again.

Supra Nats

Karem and his 43 PSI motor (??RWHP). Raced him atleast 7 times that night and beat him after he just demolished Soroush and his Ford GT.

Soroush, great guy with a very fast Ford GT. I have beaten him in every race except for one that I missed shift because of a cranked case.

There are several other cars I have raced and beaten. There was a video that showed several of these races that was once posted here. You can searcd for it if you like.

I was at the mile and would have raced you or anyone else who wanted to line up to do the roll on races but I did not see anyone else from this board step up to race me.

Jamie, You and several other people try to make these post to personal and if it contiunes then I will refram from posting. My goal is to have fun and hang out with some great guys.

Robert

If you honestly think you pulled a wheelie and then starting pulling on Chris, you just proved my point. Yes, Chris stopped pulling away after your slow shift, but at that point you were just stuck a couple cars back. And this against an 800hp SC on street tires.

Kareem was nowhere near 43 lbs that night. Yes, it was his fault and not yours that he kept breaking up past mid 30's, but again, his Supra wasn't making anywhere near 1k that night.

Run a 60-130, since that's what you guys care so much about, and at least you'll have some comparative data. SPI ran a 4.2 (spinning) at 900whp, so I suspect you'll be faster him, especially on a prepped track. And I'll be the first to congratulate you.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:52 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
If you honestly think you pulled a wheelie and then starting pulling on Chris, you just proved my point. Yes, Chris stopped pulling away after your slow shift, but at that point you were just stuck a couple cars back. And this against an 800hp SC on street tires.

Kareem was nowhere near 43 lbs that night. Yes, it was his fault and not yours that he kept breaking up past mid 30's, but again, his Supra wasn't making anywhere near 1k that night.

Run a 60-130, since that's what you guys care so much about, and at least you'll have some comparative data. SPI ran a 4.2 (spinning) at 900whp, so I suspect you'll be faster him, especially on a prepped track. And I'll be the first to congratulate you.
Jamie, I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. But myself and several 6 speeders were at the 3/4 mark for Rob's roll on with the SC300 and after the misshift he was reeling him in, quickly as well. Dennis, Paulie, Nick, Todd (BlackwhorseTurbo) and a few others can testify to that. The race with SW is a whole different story that I cannot attest to. I would have expected Rob to reel Chris in even after this missed shift if Chris was running around 750rwhp and Rob is at 900+ though.

Last edited by bmoores; 11-20-2009 at 08:57 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Side by side racing