996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi Muffler Exhaust Failure!!! (quality issue???)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
I had Internal Muffler Rattle last year... I contacted Champion Motorsport... i told them my Issue, they contacted Tubi Italy and they approved for a Replacement... Now i was not even the first owner of the muffler i think i bought it from someone here or rennlist or maybe ebay so i had no Paper Work for Warranty and im sure it was way over the Warranty Period

Anyways Champion told me to get the Serial Number off my Mufflers... they asked to Pay in Full for the replacement and shipping and then to send mine back to them so they can ship it to Italy for Inspection... so i did so, got a new set sent to me, sent mine in and got my money back minus the Shipping Cost

Ill get you the guys name i delt with at Champion once i go thru my Emails... Dealing with Champion was 100% Legit

Maybe you having the Mufflers welded has thrown them off a bit and given them a reason to not Warranty You...

Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Terrible service from such a highly acclaimed manufacturer

Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
Wow..... so glad I saw this before I bought one this week. I wont be buying until you get this thing replaced- I'm not spending this kind of $$ for a product that cant last 2.5 years.............

Old 11-05-2009, 05:31 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
I guess I won't be buying Tubi then... At this end of the market, your reputation is crucial and Tubi obviously doesn't understand the potential loss of revenue from not only YOU, but from the other members of this and other Forums... As was previously stated, this isn't some $500.00 Cherry Bomb mild steel muffler here... I hope they do the right thing and replace it free of charge...

Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
wow sorry to hear that I'm a bit surprised if there was an issue before then I believe they should back it.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
This will put a lot of potential buyer to shop elsewhere. Could not believe it. They should do better than try to sell again at cost.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Same experience here. My left muffler started rattling at about the 2.5 yr mark. Dealing with my dealer and Tubi was quite an ordeal. The best response I could get from them was for me to let the dealer remove the muffler so they could send it to Tubi and let Tubi examine the cracks and see what they "might" be able to do. I ended up just having an indie shop weld up the cracks. That stopped the rattle but now I have a slight ticking sound at idle. I bought the entire system (headers, mufflers and their ridiculously expensive tips). Sure I was beyond the warranty period, but I think it's fair to say that a $5000+ exhaust system should not fail in less than 3 years. Will never buy Tubi again. Too bad because I do still think the sound is the best out there.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Look at that piece of crap!!!

It looks like its 15 years old

Thanks for posting......do yourself a favor, post this on Ferrari chat where they spend MAJOR $$ on that crappy brand.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shark01

Thanks for posting......do yourself a favor, post this on Ferrari chat where they spend MAJOR $$ on that crappy brand.

Amen. As I was looking at the pictures I was thinking "this looks like crap, it can't be a Porsche muffler"

Europipe. Stef would be horrified if something he crafted failed like that.

For a replacement, consider speedtech - for the price it can't be beat.

A

Old 11-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ard
For a replacement, consider speedtech - for the price it can't be beat.
Yea but you cant Beat Tubi "Music" on a N/A...

Old 11-05-2009, 11:01 PM
tooth dr is infamous around these parts
Wont be buying Tubi either now. Im VERY surprised they dont stand behind their products, especially after changing the design...pathetic.

Thanks for the info! And goodluck.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Jason,
that really sucks to hear man. Direct them to this thread. They'll see, this is a PR disaster for them on one of the biggest Marque's that they provide products for. I personally think that the Tubi is the best sounding exhaust out there. I've been a staunch supporter when giving recommendations for exhausts, if they don't think so, just search my posts. But now, if they're not going to stand behind their product that had a design flaw, so much so that they changed the design of the muffler, then in no way would I ever recommend such a product ever again. Hopefully they'll restore our faith and they do the right thing and replace your exhaust, no questions asked. I understand, it's an imperfect world and sometimes errors are made, they happen. I'm willing to overlook that if I'm taken care of well and the problems are fixed. I really hope that they see things that way as well. If they choose not to replace your exhaust, please let us know, we'll get the word out to obviously this site, Rennlist, Pistonheads, F-chat and the Lambo forums as well. We're talking very high end cars where exhausts can cost anywhere from about 2K on up to near 10K for some of the F and L car systems. I don't think they want to really lose those potential customers. As we all know, word spreads fast in the internet age. Good Luck, keep us posted.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 AM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Shark01

This is quite interesting. I have tubi's on my 997s too. keep us updated..

Old 11-06-2009, 07:34 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
There is always two sides to these types of disputes. I would like to hear from Tubi/Champion. I had a Tubi prior to my Ruf conversion and it was excellent in terms of sound and quality. What I see here is a problem that developed out of warranty, repaired by some local shop and now Tubi is supposed to warranty it?? Their response is predicatable, any other manufacturer would do the same. I think what you should have done is call Tubi or your dealer immediately before you let the muffler guy weld on it, now it's almost too late. Good luck I hope you get it resolved.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:22 AM
nycsurfer is infamous around these parts
That muffler is a joke ,what a cheap *** manufacture

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi Muffler Exhaust Failure!!! (quality issue???)