996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What is the difference b/t Agency Power IC, and other much more expensive ones?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:30 AM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
What is the difference b/t Agency Power IC, and other much more expensive ones?

They have a lrger core, flow more air and cost $1000 less. For a 600hp application, do the mors exspesive brand offer that much more?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
There's a lot more to an intercooler than how it looks, whether it's bigger and is advertised as flowing more air. The construction, design, and functionality are critical. You need to do a little reading on intercoolers in general. Here's a technical site that may help you understand a bit about them....there's a lot more to them than looking for the cheapest one on the market. BTW...I went with B6 and although I had a few problems mounting it in my 87 930, it performs quite well overall.

http://www.are.com.au/feat/techtalk/techtalk.htm

Good luck in your quest...cheap isn't always best.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:28 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Generally vivid racing parts lack the R&D of most of the larger companies like Evoms, Promotive and a few others. Vivid is able to offer their intercoolers $1000 cheaper due to the fact that they generally choose a sucessful part and then attempt to copy it. I would take a look in the "for sale" section...you can pick up a good quality Evoms intercooler there for the same price. Remember....you get what you pay for.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Henrock: You don't give us any info about what sort of car you have, what mods you might be running, what the current HP is etc. For most applications (that most of the folks on these forums ....including me) you'll find the majority running with some basic mods....a flash, upgraded DVs, maybe a wastegate upgrade....and depending upon whether the car is an X50 or not, a HP rating at the crank in the 460-575 area. For the lower HP ratings...say under 600 crank, I dont really believe you need a larger intercooler unless you're racing....are you? Again, if you were to provide more information about your driving style and how your car is set up, we might be able to be more helpful. I'm running about 575 crank and have run at Thunderhill....and with the mods I have I never ran into any heat problem with the stock intercoolers I have (larger in the X50). Don't throw away money unnecessarily...do your research and stick to what works for your driving habits and objective.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
end tanks...

Old 11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drhenrock
They have a lrger core, flow more air and cost $1000 less. For a 600hp application, do the mors exspesive brand offer that much more?
I'm running the AP intercoolers. Very good for my power level. Have a look at my stats in my sig, they don't lie.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
996TT by BlackHorseTurbo with Agency Power Intercoolers:
Texas Mile - 197mph
1/4 Mile - 10.70
60-130 - 6.33
700 RWHP

997TT by Vivid Racing with Agency Power Intercoolers
Texas Mile - 196mph
1/4 Mile - 11.14 135mph Trap Speed
60-130 - 6.33 Verified
700 AWHP

Probably about 60 sets sold worldwide and about 15 members on these boards running them. R&D, testing, capabilities, proven.

If you have any questions about the Agency Power product line, call me and I can help you out.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
I'm not sure that just because people on this board running your intercoolers prove they are affective. I hardly would call that R&D.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We build and test all of the Agency Power products here before we release them. There is a whole section about R&D on the Agency Power website. The intercoolers were flow tested, built to spec, and then tested in the real world as you see from the results above. There has also been a couple of revisions we have done. R&D = Research and Development. Happy Friday Brian!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Aren't the AP ICs built by Blown 6?

Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
No, they are built by Agency Power.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I also have AP ics for over a year and they perform good...No leakage,no troubles at all...Quite happy with that product,especialy at that price...

Old 11-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I disagree with the blanket statement about the Vivid products lacking R and D/quality. As far as copying, it seems that much of what EVO does (and they do it very well) was originally thought up over at Protomotive.

In regards to the IC's, yes the Evos are better than the AP, particularly in the end tank area. However I have the Vivid/AFI turbo kit and the quality of the work on the headers, oil cans, etc was absolutely first rate. Vivid sells parts for low prices. Many of those parts are absolutely top quality, while only a very few are not.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
We build and test all of the Agency Power products here before we release them. There is a whole section about R&D on the Agency Power website. The intercoolers were flow tested, built to spec, and then tested in the real world as you see from the results above. There has also been a couple of revisions we have done. R&D = Research and Development. Happy Friday Brian!
.Could you please post the flow results on the AP intercoolers? And happy Friday to you too Dan.

Last edited by S-351; 11-06-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I love my Boost Logic Custom 6" core coolers. Really overkill for standard setups, but they added almost 0 lag to the car and keep the intake temps REALLY low.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is the difference b/t Agency Power IC, and other much more expensive ones?