996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My gas tank door doesn't lock...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Project911 is infamous around these parts
My gas tank door doesn't lock...

Anyone had this problem before? The rod that locks the door shifts back when I disarm and does shift forward when I arm my car. I assume the rod is misalign for some reason.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Project911
Anyone had this problem before? The rod that locks the door shifts back when I disarm and does shift forward when I arm my car. I assume the rod is misalign for some reason.
huhhh...you say it shifts back when you disarm and forward when armed...that sounds correct...

Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah I know, but for some reason it doesn't lock. I think the locking mechanism isn't align with the holde on the door. It just happened all of a sudden.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:48 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yeah I know, but for some reason it doesn't lock. I think the locking mechanism isn't align with the holde on the door. It just happened all of a sudden.
I noticed mine has done the same thing. I haven't addressed it yet as it doesn't bother me...yet.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:59 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I've noticed only when the car is locked the gas door is locked?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:06 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
I've noticed only when the car is locked the gas door is locked?
That is correct. If the car is unlocked, the fuel door is 'open/unlocked". If the car alarm is set/car locked, the fuel door is latched. However, when I set my alarm, I can open my fuel door. I don't recall if the latch was striking or not though.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:19 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Mine is the same

Old 11-07-2009, 08:28 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Old 11-07-2009, 08:49 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I had this too. It's a simple fix. Simply pull the locking rod out a little bit. The rod is being actuated but isn't engaging the hold down. For some reason my rod (I know, sounds kinky lol) had retracted a tiny bit in the unit (damn Harlequin Romance novel here lol). As I said just grasp it and pull it out a little bit a few mm maybe 1/8 inch. Mine's worked fine ever since.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:02 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
I had this too. It's a simple fix. Simply pull the locking rod out a little bit. The rod is being actuated but isn't engaging the hold down. For some reason my rod (I know, sounds kinky lol) had retracted a tiny bit in the unit (damn Harlequin Romance novel here lol). As I said just grasp it and pull it out a little bit a few mm maybe 1/8 inch. Mine's worked fine ever since.
Mine is similar to this, it is working fine but seems to be off center. I pulled at it many times but no difference. I ended up pulling the female lock end off (It just unclips) then putting it back but not locking it in. It will never come off as it is held in place by the door damper when it is closed.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:32 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
There is a grommet behind the gas flap stop on the left side that the actuator rod moves back and forth in. If this is missing it will not line up the rod to lock the gas flap.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by 996TWINS
There is a grommet behind the gas flap stop on the left side that the actuator rod moves back and forth in. If this is missing it will not line up the rod to lock the gas flap.
That is exactly my problem! Where can I get one? Or can I just use a refular gromet that fits?

SWR

Old 11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
I bought mine from the dealer, it was not $$$. Check out this link http://dcauto.gotdns.com:4000/illust...***=illo_title

Old 11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks, the grommet is my problem. Some reason it broke and the rod cannot align itself to the slot on the door. Simple fix, or you can hold the door up slightly before arming.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:03 AM
Thanks, the grommet is my problem. Some reason it broke and the rod cannot align itself to the slot on the door. Simple fix, or you can hold the door up slightly before arming.
Me too. It is just getting one that is a hassle. I have to drive a long way to the local stealer.

Maybe next Saturday when I go to Cars & Coffee in Jacksonville, Florida. I will have to check to see if they have it and if the parts dept is open on Saturday.

Great Thread!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My gas tank door doesn't lock...