996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

9ff 840hp Porsche 911 to break 400kph barrier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by msindi
Wih that?
No wing?
The trunk flips up @ 200 MPH

Old 12-03-2004, 07:00 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
They do have a wing for this car. It's the damnest thing I've ever saw. It's mounted low on the bumper and extends outwards and it's pretty low as well. It only goes up to tail light level and is mounted on pedastels that sprout out of the rear bumper intakes.

It was tested by Auto Motor und Sport in their november issue, but as it is in German, I have no idea what they concluded. The 9ff 9F-V400, that's it's name, was part of a group test that included the AMG SL65, the Alpina B7, The Brabus Maybach SV12, the MTM RS6 Clubsport, the MTM A8 K500, and the HGP R32 Biturbo Volkswagen. In that test, the 9ff attained km/h 334 as opposed to the SL65's km/h 338. If someone that can get the magazine and read German, at the same time, explain a little bit what was said than it'll probably be better for everyone interested.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:11 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
QUOTE]Originally posted by ZLP
Who cares? It is set up for top speed. What is the last record you set with your 2 year project 996tt? [/QUOTE]

Sounds like a voice from the past. Where have you been Zack?

Who cares? It's special purpose really doesn't interst me. I admit this is subjective. Where could you ever use it other than Nardo and Bonneyville. The Autobahn is even to crowded for this kind of car today. It's special built purpose it is a work of art. Like I have said before, the farther you go to an extreme, the more all the remaining areas suffer.

Now if I could pop out of bed a take a few laps around Nardo a couple times a week................. then I might become a fan.

Last edited by cjv; 12-03-2004 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:45 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by cjv
QUOTE]Originally posted by ZLP
Who cares? It is set up for top speed. What is the last record you set with your 2 year project 996tt?

Sounds like a voice from the past. Where have you been Zack?

Who cares? It's special purpose really doesn't interst me. I admit this is subjective. Where could you ever use it other than Nardo and Bonneyville. The Autobahn is even to crowded for this kind of car today. It's special built purpose it is a work of art. Like I have said before, the farther you go to an extreme, the more all the remaining areas suffer.

Now if I could pop out of bed a take a few laps around Nardo a couple times a week................. then I might become a fan.
[/QUOTE]

Chad,

You know I love your TT as I do all modded Porsche's! I don't think it is neccesary to knock a purpose built car like that when it does what it was built to do. You know better than most that there is always a compromise when you have a certain goal in mind, especially in this car(gearing, suspension, etc.). Your interests are not in top speed, but many people's are..... I still remember in the late 80's going to Bonneville every year as part of Denny Kahler's crew watching him set records in his 911....Good times...

PS. I have been around but really the only things that interest me on this board are your car and the few people that actually take their car to the track... I really couldn't care less about most of the threads here since I'm not too interested in who has the coolest floormats and carbon fiber A/C switches. Everybody has the right to do whatever they want with thier cars and thats great. My interests just lie elsewhere like in road racing. I am getting the motor in the 930 rebuilt right now and it should be ready soon. I can't wait.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:09 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Zack,

I wasn't "knocking" them. I was really trying to goad them into entering next time. I love to see some of the European Tuners enter. For that matter, I love to see my car make it. This year my problem was we bent all six of the rods. If you go to the Tuning/Modification Forum, that's where you will find my thread. We moved it there to get away from your so called floormats/cf interests. I am not flaming any particular group interests. Besides, it's not a thread for everyone.

Do you still have your killer Supra?

Last edited by cjv; 12-03-2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:25 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by cjv
Zack,

I wasn't "knocking" them. I was really trying to goad them into entering next time. I love to see some of the European Tuners enter. For that matter, I love to see my car make it. This year my problem was we bent all six of the rods. If you go to the Tuning/Modification Forum, that's where you will find my thread. We moved it there to get away from your so called floormats/cf interests. I am not flaming any particular group interests. Besides, it's not a thread for everyone.

Do you still have your killer Supra?
I sold my 1000hp beast and have a stock '97TT now. I have gotten away from all the stupid 200+mph street racing we were doing and am solely focused on road racing again. I really do not want a highly modded car like that anymore and have kept it simple with my cars now. You are making some serious power if you are bending Porsche rods....When you get to that power level the AWD sure comes handy. My RWD Supra would spin them at 120mph if i stomped on it on the freeway.....

Old 12-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
wasn't there some nasty stuff about 9ff's USA importer awhile back?

i believe they changed their USA importer recently?

interesting to see they are at the leading edge (at least in top speed terms).

Old 12-03-2004, 08:32 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
THey are a very good company, their US distributer was a crook and has been dealt w/. The Germany 9ff team did a full refund to the owner of the turbo from this board.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:33 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ZLP
I sold my 1000hp beast and have a stock '97TT now. I have gotten away from all the stupid 200+mph street racing we were doing and am solely focused on road racing again. I really do not want a highly modded car like that anymore and have kept it simple with my cars now. You are making some serious power if you are bending Porsche rods....When you get to that power level the AWD sure comes handy. My RWD Supra would spin them at 120mph if i stomped on it on the freeway.....
I have to agree with you. The focus of my attention has been on the handling aspects. We are rebuilding the motor to have some power with an eye to longevity. We just recieved the new rods and some pics were posted today.

Here are some pics of the bent rods.

Last edited by cjv; 12-03-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:35 PM
ZLP
Originally posted by cjv
I have to agree with you. The focus of my attention has been on the handling aspects. We are rebuilding the motor to have some power with an eye to longevity. We just recieved the new rods and some pics were posted today.

Here are some pics of the bent rods.
How much does the car weigh?

Old 12-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
We will be at the next shootout......we might be the first European tuner..

Old 12-03-2004, 08:39 PM
cjv
Too much for the track..... but light by tt standards, 3,192 lbs.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:42 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Neil
We will be at the next shootout......we might be the first European tuner..
That's great Neil. I plan to be the too. Look forward to meeting you. It would be ice if it was a little earlier in the year this time.

Old 12-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
9ff have a long way to go if they want to reach 400 km/h...

Latest results at Nardo:

Mercedes sl65 amg: 338 km/h
Porsche 9ff : 334 km/h
VW Golf HGP R32 biturbo:321km/h
Brabus Maybach: 314 km/h
MTM RS6 Club Sport:313 km/h
Alpina B7: 311 km/h
MTM A8 K500: 297 km/h

Extra info.
(Last year with a 600hp+ RS6, MTM reached 327 km/h)

Btw, I think MTM is looking to increase their current record with the MTM bimoto (371 km/h) to 400 km/h as well.

EDIT.

Sorry, 9ff have done 372 km/h this year in AMS. Still long way to 400 km/h.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....7&pagenumber=1

Last edited by Erik; 12-08-2004 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:48 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
So 9FF just beat a VW Golf

I also heard that the 9FF car had a large rear wing on, that blew off during the test, which is why the Essen show car had no wing.

The build quality of the 9FF Essen car was terrible, the rear vents had chicken-wire held in place by self-tapping screws through the bodywork.

I do admire their attempts to break records though.

Guy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 9ff 840hp Porsche 911 to break 400kph barrier