996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yeah that MAF sensor creates more problems than it really need to. That's my bet. That's why I always have a spare one just to check. Have never needed it so far.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jalmood
I think he does, i sent him a list of all the parts that i have installed into my car before he sent me the flash, unless he forgot about it.

i hope that Tony chimes in again. All the parts i have in my car are mentioned in my signature.
Like the original poster of this thread...Look beyond the after market parts, and diagnose the car as if it were stock.

I know you have aleady checked... but EVERY time I have seen this code in the shop, the 02 sensors were swapped front to back.

2 other thoughts.

1- You drove the car at length with big injectors and a stock file. The original poster fouled plugs, did you damage your 02s?

2- The shop that did your injector install. Was it the first time they install injectors on a 996? Do you have vacuum leaks at the manifold?

Old 02-28-2010, 08:59 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Like the original poster of this thread...Look beyond the after market parts, and diagnose the car as if it were stock.

I know you have aleady checked... but EVERY time I have seen this code in the shop, the 02 sensors were swapped front to back.

2 other thoughts.

1- You drove the car at length with big injectors and a stock file. The original poster fouled plugs, did you damage your 02s?

2- The shop that did your injector install. Was it the first time they install injectors on a 996? Do you have vacuum leaks at the manifold?
i checked the sensors last time and they were in the correct order one was lose and was tightened.

1- yes i drove the car after installing the bigger injectors with the previous speedart tuned file, but not for long only for a distance of 7 kilometers from the workshop to my house.

2- i installed the injectors in a workshop that have an experience with porsches, and i rechecked the installation with them again after installing them and they are installed fine.

i am yet to check for any vaccum leaks at the manifold, i haven't done that yet, but i doubt that they are cracked since they are only 1 year and a half old.

and about the boost leak the car is still boosting as strong as before i didn't notice any drop in boost or power but still i will recheck it again, the car will be admitted to the Porsche dealer workshop next sunday.

i hope this issue gets resolved soon. you all have been a wealth of help and information, also Tony who never spared any chance in helping in whatever issues i have.

I will keep you guys posted about this issue

Old 02-28-2010, 03:16 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
i checked the sensors last time and they were in the correct order one was lose and was tightened.

1- yes i drove the car after installing the bigger injectors with the previous speedart tuned file, but not for long only for a distance of 7 kilometers from the workshop to my house.

2- i installed the injectors in a workshop that have an experience with porsches, and i rechecked the installation with them again after installing them and they are installed fine.

i am yet to check for any vaccum leaks at the manifold, i haven't done that yet, but i doubt that they are cracked since they are only 1 year and a half old.

and about the boost leak the car is still boosting as strong as before i didn't notice any drop in boost or power but still i will recheck it again, the car will be admitted to the Porsche dealer workshop next sunday.

i hope this issue gets resolved soon. you all have been a wealth of help and information, also Tony who never spared any chance in helping in whatever issues i have.

I will keep you guys posted about this issue

I have had vacuum leaks and NOT had obvious boost issues. I drove the car for weeks with full boost only to find out I have a vacuum leak for weeks.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
I think that i came to know what the real cause of the problem is, i have a dual snorkel air filter housing (Air Intake Box) similar to the 997 Turbo which was feeding the engine air with more than what the stock MAF can handle, thats why it was giving incorrect readings and trigering the oxygen sensor fault code and check engine light, i will be putting back the original air intake box and see if that solves the problem. I hope that this is really the cause of the problem and not something else.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Update--------Problem solved when i put back the stock air filter box with a new air filter and a new MAF, it wasn't all normal until the second day of driving until the ECU adapted to the new air flow, the car did feel a bit sluggish and lost almost 0.1 Bar of boost after putting back the stock air box, thats why i tweaked the wastegates a bit and now its back to what it was before but without the fault codes, i did notice that my oil filler pipe is cracked and leaking which might have contributed to the fault codes, allready bought one from the dealer and will install it in a couple of days.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:44 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Glad to hear that it's resolved. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Jon

Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 AM
No Problem

Old 03-07-2010, 12:32 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Update--------Problem solved when i put back the stock air filter box with a new air filter and a new MAF, it wasn't all normal until the second day of driving until the ECU adapted to the new air flow, the car did feel a bit sluggish and lost almost 0.1 Bar of boost after putting back the stock air box, thats why i tweaked the wastegates a bit and now its back to what it was before but without the fault codes, i did notice that my oil filler pipe is cracked and leaking which might have contributed to the fault codes, allready bought one from the dealer and will install it in a couple of days.
Jalmod,
-If your problem was dual snorkel had higher flow, it should be fixed by tweaking the tune. Seriously you would keep the benefit of easy breathing as you saw in boost lost after you put stock unit back.
(It is not hard, adjusting some fuel cell map to put more gas.)
-I feel when you go backward and take out good thing. Say: you upgrade new turbos, ICs. They outflow old ones. Check engine light on. We should not take good stuffs out but add more fuel instead. That where the begins.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by aroonkl
Jalmod,
-If your problem was dual snorkel had higher flow, it should be fixed by tweaking the tune. Seriously you would keep the benefit of easy breathing as you saw in boost lost after you put stock unit back.
(It is not hard, adjusting some fuel cell map to put more gas.)
-I feel when you go backward and take out good thing. Say: you upgrade new turbos, ICs. They outflow old ones. Check engine light on. We should not take good stuffs out but add more fuel instead. That where the begins.
I was also hesistent at the begining to remove the dual snorkel air filter housing and i hoped i didn't do it when i saw that the car became a little sluggish and lost some boost, but this problem was really getting on my nerves and i had to do it, but if i get a solution for it i will be ready to put back the dual snorkel air filter housing.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
I was also hesistent at the begining to remove the dual snorkel air filter housing and i hoped i didn't do it when i saw that the car became a little sluggish and lost some boost, but this problem was really getting on my nerves and i had to do it, but if i get a solution for it i will be ready to put back the dual snorkel air filter housing.
Easy fix. Who tune for you?
1.Put it back.
2.Drive it around. Let ECU adjust for it.
3.Let CEC come on. Datalog Long Term Fuel Trim, Load, TB position, Lamda, Ig Timing or more as your tuner request.
4.Send it to your Tuner. Tick...Tock and wait for him to adjust your fuel map.
5.Load new file and .
==You should talk to your Tuner. This problem is easy task for him if he is willing to. And it is better to you and your car than pull better part out.==

Last edited by aroonkl; 03-07-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by aroonkl
Easy fix. Who tune for you?
1.Put it back.
2.Drive it around. Let ECU adjust for it.
3.Let CEC come on. Datalog Long Term Fuel Trim, Load, TB position, Lamda, Ig Timing or more as your tuner request.
4.Send it to your Tuner. Tick...Tock and wait for him to adjust your fuel map.
5.Load new file and .
==You should talk to your Tuner. This problem is easy task for him if he is willing to. And it is better to you and your car than pull better part out.==
it wasn't only that aroonk, my car was also throwing the PSM and ABS lights on higher RPM's from third gear onwards, i don't think that the tuners can address that through tunning, the MAF couldn't handle the extra amount of air.
Note: that this all these errors plus the CEL started to happen after installing the 1 Bar wastegate and getting the boost to 1.4 bar as asked by the ECU. I had the dual snorkel without any issues before installing the 1 Bar wastegates.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.