996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

March TX Mile same wekeend as TX2k10 DOH!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
March TX Mile same wekeend as TX2k10 DOH!

So i just got an email from Jessica Reyna, Admin for TX mile and she told me the dates are the same weekend as TX2K10 that sucks i thought we were gonna be able to run both events but at 3hr drive to Goliad that's tough

anyone else feel the same way ?

i sent her an email and linked her to the TX2k10 event details.

what do u you guys think

Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
The Texas Mile folks don't care that they overlap. Peter has tried to coordinate with them in the past but they are not interested.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
that bites seriously

Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Yea, I have tried to coordinate in the past but in fact they do not care. HOWEVER, I have a solution to this dilemma.

I can move the 60-130 event to another date and we can all caravan out to the TX Mile on Sunday (which happens to be the LEAST BUSY day at the Mile)????

That would work...

Peter

Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
interesting.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Yea, I thought so too......

Originally Posted by bmoores
interesting.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:33 PM
...and just FYI, I did reach out (again) to Jay and Shannon to see if there was anything we could do to avoid having our events on the same weekend.

Peter

Old 11-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Kudos for trying Peter...sometimes that is all you can do.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
...and just FYI, I did reach out (again) to Jay and Shannon to see if there was anything we could do to avoid having our events on the same weekend.

Peter
I know you did man. Not sure why Jay and Shannon haven't been a little more receptive to teaming up. Scheduling arguably two of the nations largest car events on the same weekend is in the best interest of noone. It hurts them and you. If the formal announcement hasn't been made for the mile there may be some hope yet.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
The more people that reach out to them the better...let them know that we intentionally scheduled TX2K10 on the 18-21st of March so that the last weekend in March was free for the Mile (being that the last few years they did the mile on the last weekend in March i thought I was avoiding a scheduling conflict).

Peter

Old 11-10-2009, 10:36 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
It actually works out for guys like me who drive 20+ hours to attend these events. I can do TX2K10 & TX Mile all in one trip.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:14 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
I can do TX2K10 & TX Mile all in one trip.
What do you mean? Two trips with Marty has to bebetter than one!!!
Peter, I hope this all works out, I would like to do both.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:43 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I'll do both as well. I was going to avoid The Mile on Saturday anyway.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by KPG
What do you mean? Two trips with Marty has to bebetter than one!!!
Peter, I hope this all works out, I would like to do both.
I'm still waiting for the mail man to show up.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
I'm still waiting for the mail man to show up.
What are you up to Mr.!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: March TX Mile same wekeend as TX2k10 DOH!