996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some pics of my new GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
That car does not suck.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Gorgeous car scott. Time for a photoshoot .

Old 11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thanks, Guys! I appreciate the props.

Now, for you crazy guys that prefer the very outdated stock wheels to the HREs, here's a pic for you.

Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MTheory
Always nice to see another 03, and in white, even better!

Unless I missed it in previous posts, how many miles were on the car when you got it?
It had 7,100 miles.

Thanks, and nice car.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Beautiful car. I like the HRE's as well. Not the same mesh style that you see on a lot of cars out there.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:43 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Scott. Honestly, I like the stock wheels better. But I'd love to see the '04-'05 GT2 wheels on it with black centers, now that would look HAWT!! Enjoy, how do you like the sound of the switzer exhaust?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:26 AM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It had 7,100 miles.

Thanks, and nice car.
What a beauty! I really do prefer the look of the car with the factory wheels vs. the HRE wheels.

Please enjoy one of the best / most evil Porsches ever to be built.

-Alex

Old 11-13-2009, 08:48 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
She is a beauty Scott....

HRE - top notch, classy, sweet lookin'

Stock wheels - out dated looking, decent, ok

Peter

Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Looking good, Scott! Welcome back to the 996 family!

What is your plan with this car? Any future mods??

Enjoy in good health!

Old 11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
HRE 542s look great on the car Scott. The only thing I would change visually on the car is possibly the seats. 997 GT3 seats?

Old 11-14-2009, 05:10 PM
INTMD8 is a splendid one to beholdINTMD8 is a splendid one to beholdINTMD8 is a splendid one to beholdINTMD8 is a splendid one to beholdINTMD8 is a splendid one to beholdINTMD8 is a splendid one to beholdINTMD8 is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car. Driving impressions compared to the Z06?

Old 11-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Looking good, Scott! Welcome back to the 996 family!

What is your plan with this car? Any future mods??

Enjoy in good health!
Thanks, bro. As far as mods, I have a few ideas in mind. Nothing set in stone yet, though.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Boost Logic
HRE 542s look great on the car Scott. The only thing I would change visually on the car is possibly the seats. 997 GT3 seats?
Thanks, Zohair.

I agree the GT3 seats look better, but the GT2 seats are also very light and much more comfortable. I had GT3 seats in my 996TT and they weren't the most comfortable for a street car.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by INTMD8
Beautiful car. Driving impressions compared to the Z06?
Thanks. Here's my thoughts on the two cars:

The Z06 is fast, well-balanced and handles well. I like how it sounds and how it looks. I dislike the notchy shifter, the quick-to-fade brakes, the low interior quality, and the paint quality. I also dislike the fact that many components were under-built from the factory (pistons, transmission, differential and half shafts, to name a few). I don't expect it to be at the same level of quality as the GT2, but for $80k, I think it should be better. I also think that the ZR1 is a better car than the Z06, but not by much.

The GT2 is also fast, well-balanced and handles well. I also like it sounds and how it looks. I love the buttery shifting, the quality interior components, the paint quality, the simplicity, and the over-built strength of the stock engine and drivetrain. It's built like a $195k car should be, IMO.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-14-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:01 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Great ride and the 542's are perfect...would paint the calipers red to match the interior theme...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my new GT2