996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some pics of my new GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FLY996
Great ride and the 542's are perfect...
Thanks!

would paint the calipers red to match the interior theme...
I can't do that, bro...that's the PCCB color.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
Gorgeous car scott. Time for a photoshoot .
Thanks, Jorge.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:15 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Scott , she absolutely stunning man .. white AND gt2 .... straight sexy !

Old 11-14-2009, 10:58 PM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
Scott: You have outdone yourself. Nice car just like it is.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Scott: You have outdone yourself. Nice car just like it is.
Thanks, Dickie. We need to get yours, mine and Peter's cars together for a photo shoot one of these days. My neighbor is a pro, and would love to take some pics for us.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Scott , she absolutely stunning man .. white AND gt2 .... straight sexy !
Thanks, bro. It's definitely the nicest car I've personally ever owned. No doubt about it.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:13 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Scott how is Peter doing? Does he drive the beast much?

Old 11-15-2009, 07:36 AM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
Anytime. Call

Old 11-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Scott how is Peter doing? Does he drive the beast much?
Paulie, he's doing great. His job, 2 year-old twin girls and 12 year-old daughter keep him very busy...but yes, he drives his car all the time. The thing is a super reliable, easily daily-driveable car. He runs 100 octane 99% of the time at 1.3 BAR, and loves it at that power level.

He plans on running the TX Mile (on full-boost with C16, of course), so you'll see him March.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-15-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:00 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Thanks Scott that's great to hear,pass on a hello to him.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:51 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Thanks. Here's my thoughts on the two cars:

The Z06 is fast, well-balanced and handles well. I like how it sounds and how it looks. I dislike the notchy shifter, the quick-to-fade brakes, the low interior quality, and the paint quality. I also dislike the fact that many components were under-built from the factory (pistons, transmission, differential and half shafts, to name a few). I don't expect it to be at the same level of quality as the GT2, but for $80k, I think it should be better. I also think that the ZR1 is a better car than the Z06, but not by much.

The GT2 is also fast, well-balanced and handles well. I also like it sounds and how it looks. I love the buttery shifting, the quality interior components, the paint quality, the simplicity, and the over-built strength of the stock engine and drivetrain. It's built like a $195k car should be, IMO.

+1 Sir, excellent analysis !

Old 11-15-2009, 12:30 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
It finally stopped raining!

Sweetness!!! Oh and while those rims don't do it for me either, they are leaps and bounds better than the twists.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:46 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Scott how does the shifter feel??? Reason i ask is because i wanted to know have you been out pulling those gears at all??? LOL

Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
It finally stopped raining!
I'm sure you got a couple 60-130 pulls today. How did it do?

Old 11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
I'm sure you got a couple 60-130 pulls today. How did it do?
Ran a 5.49 on a very conservative tune. It's faster than my Z06 was.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my new GT2