996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some pics of my new GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:54 PM
¿Señor Member?
jester has a spectacular aura aboutjester has a spectacular aura about
Loving the new car, Scott. Finally got the right one and more importantly in the right color too. How long are you going to hang on to this one?

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-26-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:15 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Wow! Very nice looking car!

Old 11-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jester
Loving the new car, Scott. Finally got the right one and more importantly in the right color too. How long are you going to hang on to this one?
I think I'll keep this one for quite a while. The only car I would replace it with is a 997 GT2, but the admission price for one of those is a bit high for me right now.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-26-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thanks, guys. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:15 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I think I'll keep this one for quite a while. The only car I would replace it with is a 997 GT2, but the admission price for one of those a bit high for me right now.
I have to agree with this statement.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:47 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Wonderful and white!! Congrats!

Old 11-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Scott, I'm curious why you have your 60-130 stated with "bolt on's?"

It confused me a bit as I was amazed that would be possible on K24's. You informed me about the T3 turbos on there after I inquired.

Would it not make sense to edit the description to reflect you are running upgraded turbos as bolt on's would imply K24's?

Old 11-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by CURI0

It confused me a bit as I was amazed that would be possible on K24's. You informed me about the T3 turbos on there after I inquired.

Would it not make sense to edit the description to reflect you are running upgraded turbos as bolt on's would imply K24's?

Wow, this is really bothering you, huh? Are you under the impression that moving this from PMs to the open forum was going to change my response?

If you read the 15th post in this thread, you will see the below mod list. I have posted exactly what turbos I have 2 or 3 times in this forum already, and have never once claimed they were K24's:

· Protomotive Intake w/ MAF
· Proto headers
· Proto tune
· Piggy back fuel pump
· 60lb injectors
· HRE 542R wheels
· Continental Contisportcontact3 tires
· Upgraded Intercoolers
· ATS triple carbon clutch
· 3M clear bra
· Tial 44mm wastegates
· Switzer exhaust
· T3/50 trim turbos

As you can see, the motor is on 100% stock internals, and is running modifications that have all been "bolted-on". I'm not sure what the issue is exactly, or why you would automatically infer that "bolt-ons" must only mean K24's, but you seem to be the only on here that's confused.

Maybe we have two completely different definitions of the word "bolt-on":

My definition of the phrase is pretty much modifications that are only external of the engine, and do not change the basic way in which a motor makes it power, i.e. adding a turbo or supercharger to a N/A motor does not fit the definition of "bolt-on" in my opinion, since it has completely changed the basic manner in which the motor makes the majority of its power.

Your definition may be different, which I imagine is the basis for the confusion.

That said, I'm curious why you would be "amazed" at the capabilities of K24s. I assume you aren't aware that there is a K24 car on here (owned by member Chris Green) making 717 rwhp that ran a 5.58 60-130, on the stock block? Another member's K24 car went 5.99. Yet another car went 6.00. We also have another K24 car that went over 200 mph in the Texas Mile. All of these cars are running stock internals and "bolt-on" modifications.

We also have a "bolt-on" 996TT, on stock internals, that ran a 5.05 60-130 and is making 840 rwhp.

Moving to the 997 versions, there is a "bolt-on" 997TT making 915 rwhp, that has run a 4.25 60-130 and a 9.79 in the 1/4 mile. I also know of a 997 GT2 making 822 rwhp with just "bolt-ons".

Anyway, if this is just a simple matter of you and I having conflicting definitions of the phrase "bolt-ons", than I suppose there isn't much that can done about it, since neither of us are going to change the other's mind.

Regardless, I hope this has finally answered all of your questions and just so you know, my answers would have been exactly the same had you kept our discussion to PMs.

P.S. - I updated my signature and added "w/bolt-ons" to my Supra as well, just for you.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-28-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:57 AM
ahardm3 is infamous around these parts
Wow that is a work of Art!

Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Wow, this is really bothering you, huh? Are you under the impression that moving this from PMs to the open forum was going to change my response?

If you read the 15th post in this thread, you will see the below mod list. I have posted exactly what turbos I have 2 or 3 times in this forum already, and have never once claimed they were K24's:

· Protomotive Intake w/ MAF
· Proto headers
· Proto tune
· Piggy back fuel pump
· 60lb injectors
· HRE 542R wheels
· Continental Contisportcontact3 tires
· Upgraded Intercoolers
· ATS triple carbon clutch
· 3M clear bra
· Tial 44mm wastegates
· Switzer exhaust
· T3/50 trim turbos

As you can see, the motor is on 100% stock internals, and is running modifications that have all been "bolted-on". I'm not sure what the issue is exactly, or why you would automatically infer that "bolt-ons" must only mean K24's, but you seem to be the only on here that's confused.

Maybe we have two completely different definitions of the word "bolt-on":

My definition of the phrase is pretty much modifications that are only external of the engine, and do not change the basic way in which a motor makes it power, i.e. adding a turbo or supercharger to a N/A motor does not fit the definition of "bolt-on" in my opinion, since it has completely changed the basic manner in which the motor makes the majority of its power.

Your definition may be different, which I imagine is the basis for the confusion.

That said, I'm curious why you would be "amazed" at the capabilities of K24s. I assume you aren't aware that there is a K24 car on here (owned by member Chris Green) making 717 rwhp that ran a 5.58 60-130, on the stock block? Another member's K24 car went 5.99. Yet another car went 6.00. We also have another K24 car that went over 200 mph in the Texas Mile. All of these cars are running stock internals and "bolt-on" modifications.

We also have a "bolt-on" 996TT, on stock internals, that ran a 5.05 60-130 and is making 840 rwhp.

Moving to the 997 versions, there is a "bolt-on" 997TT making 915 rwhp, that has run a 4.25 60-130 and a 9.79 in the 1/4 mile. I also know of a 997 GT2 making 822 rwhp with just "bolt-ons".

Anyway, if this is just a simple matter of you and I having conflicting definitions of the phrase "bolt-ons", than I suppose there isn't much that can done about it, since neither of us are going to change the other's mind. Rgardless, I hope this has finally answered alll of your questions. Just so you know, my answers would have been exactly the same via PM.

P.S. - I updated my signature and added "w/bolt-ons" to my Supra as well, just for you.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !

there are cars out there some make that have a fuel system capable of 1200rwhp... running piggyback systems etc etc... all the plumbing, headers, Ics... etc etc are all done custom... yet they all call it bolt on...

If anyone is so naive to believe that anything over 700 hp is a simple bolt on then your smoking some good stuff because if you would see what goes into such a project you would freak out... lines are rerouted, custom oil lines, water lines, DVS are relocated, external Wgs etc etc the list goes on...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-28-2009, 01:19 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
Is your turbo the turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid? What AR ratio?
Robert

Old 11-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
there are cars out there some make that have a fuel system capable of 1200rwhp... running piggyback systems etc etc... all the plumbing, headers, Ics... etc etc are all done custom... yet they all call it bolt on...

If anyone is so naive to believe that anything over 700 hp is a simple bolt on then your smoking some good stuff because if you would see what goes into such a project you would freak out... lines are rerouted, custom oil lines, water lines, DVS are relocated, external Wgs etc etc the list goes on...
Very true, there are varying degrees of installation difficulty when it comes to certain bolt-ons (some are "simple", as you stated, while some are more "complex" and require more expertise)...but the phrase is totally subjective. Thus, my definition may be different than yours.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Scott
Is your turbo the turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid? What AR ratio?
Robert
I'll let Mark cover the specifics if he wishes, since they are his turbos.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:49 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light

I smell something green... ...I'm just sayin'

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my new GT2