996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some pics of my new GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 04:09 PM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
That is pretty!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Wow, this is really bothering you, huh? Are you under the impression that moving this from PMs to the open forum was going to change my response?

If you read the 15th post in this thread, you will see the below mod list. I have posted exactly what turbos I have 2 or 3 times in this forum already, and have never once claimed they were K24's:

· Protomotive Intake w/ MAF
· Proto headers
· Proto tune
· Piggy back fuel pump
· 60lb injectors
· HRE 542R wheels
· Continental Contisportcontact3 tires
· Upgraded Intercoolers
· ATS triple carbon clutch
· 3M clear bra
· Tial 44mm wastegates
· Switzer exhaust
· T3/50 trim turbos

As you can see, the motor is on 100% stock internals, and is running modifications that have all been "bolted-on". I'm not sure what the issue is exactly, or why you would automatically infer that "bolt-ons" must only mean K24's, but you seem to be the only on here that's confused.

Maybe we have two completely different definitions of the word "bolt-on":

My definition of the phrase is pretty much modifications that are only external of the engine, and do not change the basic way in which a motor makes it power, i.e. adding a turbo or supercharger to a N/A motor does not fit the definition of "bolt-on" in my opinion, since it has completely changed the basic manner in which the motor makes the majority of its power.

Your definition may be different, which I imagine is the basis for the confusion.

That said, I'm curious why you would be "amazed" at the capabilities of K24s. I assume you aren't aware that there is a K24 car on here (owned by member Chris Green) making 717 rwhp that ran a 5.58 60-130, on the stock block? Another member's K24 car went 5.99. Yet another car went 6.00. We also have another K24 car that went over 200 mph in the Texas Mile. All of these cars are running stock internals and "bolt-on" modifications.

We also have a "bolt-on" 996TT, on stock internals, that ran a 5.05 60-130 and is making 840 rwhp.

Moving to the 997 versions, there is a "bolt-on" 997TT making 915 rwhp, that has run a 4.25 60-130 and a 9.79 in the 1/4 mile. I also know of a 997 GT2 making 822 rwhp with just "bolt-ons".

Anyway, if this is just a simple matter of you and I having conflicting definitions of the phrase "bolt-ons", than I suppose there isn't much that can done about it, since neither of us are going to change the other's mind.

Regardless, I hope this has finally answered all of your questions and just so you know, my answers would have been exactly the same had you kept our discussion to PMs.

P.S. - I updated my signature and added "w/bolt-ons" to my Supra as well, just for you.
Scott, I feel like I touched a nerve or something

I never claimed you were misleading anyone, you posted your mod list and your times. I claimed that someone only seeing your sig might be confused.

I suppose it would be different definitions as I do not consider turbo upgrades a bolt on. I would consider bolt on's to be made to a car running K24's, as in exhaust, headers, and software being bolt on's.

Hey, whatever, your car write whatever the hell you want I asked for clarification for myself as I did not think you achieved that time with K24's, and you didn't. My definition would not call your car modded with bolt on's, especially once you start adding things like an upgraded fuel system into the mix. A GT2 with bolt on's in my mind runs K24's. Since you know supras, an upgraded turbo and fuel system moves you out of the BPU world, doesn't it?

Regarding the PM, I did not ask you through PM if it would make sense to change your description, hence a new topic I'm a little disheartened to see you take it as me moving a private conversation to a public domain to criticize you, not my intention whatsoever.

I think asking questions when I am curious is exactly within the spirit of the forum

Oh, and I believe the K24's you mentioned are not stock K24's but modded K24's. k24/18g's right? So, they would not be K24's any longer.

Last edited by CURI0; 11-28-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
there are cars out there some make that have a fuel system capable of 1200rwhp... running piggyback systems etc etc... all the plumbing, headers, Ics... etc etc are all done custom... yet they all call it bolt on...

If anyone is so naive to believe that anything over 700 hp is a simple bolt on then your smoking some good stuff because if you would see what goes into such a project you would freak out... lines are rerouted, custom oil lines, water lines, DVS are relocated, external Wgs etc etc the list goes on...
I agree with you, since Scott is making over 700 hp your assessment is completely in line with my own.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:10 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Technically doesn't everything bolt on, sheesh...let it go

Old 11-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Scott, I feel like I touched a nerve or something
No, not at all. I honestly thought I touched a nerve with you.

I never claimed you were misleading anyone, you posted your mod list and your times. I claimed that someone only seeing your sig might be confused.

I suppose it would be different definitions as I do not consider turbo upgrades a bolt on. I would consider bolt on's to be made to a car running K24's, as in exhaust, headers, and software being bolt on's.

Hey, whatever, your car write whatever the hell you want I asked for clarification for myself as I did not think you achieved that time with K24's, and you didn't. My definition would not call your car modded with bolt on's, especially once you start adding things like an upgraded fuel system into the mix.
Cool.

Regarding the PM, I did not ask you through PM if it would make sense to change your description, hence a new topic I'm a little disheartened to see you take it as me moving a private conversation to a public domain to criticize you, not my intention whatsoever.
Got it. I honestly thought that's what was happening and was a bit taken aback by it. I appreciate the explanation.

I think asking questions when I am curious is exactly within the spirit of the forum
Absolutely. You are 100% correct about that.

Oh, and I believe the K24's you mentioned are not stock K24's but modded K24's. k24/18g's right? So, they would not be bolt on's either
LOL...those are DEFINITELY bolt-ons in my book, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-28-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:39 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Name:  hug.gif
Views: 272
Size:  4.0 KB

Old 11-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
^^Ha ha!

Old 11-28-2009, 07:49 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
PA - tay -toes
Po - tah - toes

Stock bottom-end. Can't argue that fact.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:49 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
BPU - basic performance upgrades. That doesn't mean that bolt ons stop there, it just means that your wallet is about to get much lighter! When you dive into the engine the term bolt on goes away in my book but so long as that puppy is factory and you're just swapping support systems it's a bolt on to me. Heck on this car it looks even easier to swap stuff around under there than it was on the Supra - the twins were a PITA!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
bolt ons ona NA car would not include turbo or super charger but anything bolted onto the car intake manifolds exhaust anything else.

Bolt ons ona Turbo car are anything in the same area without removing the stock cylinder heads is a bolt on affair

same with a super charged car everything that can be bolted on without removing the stock cylinder heads fits the same catagory.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
bolt ons ona NA car would not include turbo or super charger but anything bolted onto the car intake manifolds exhaust anything else.

Bolt ons ona Turbo car are anything in the same area without removing the stock cylinder heads is a bolt on affair

same with a super charged car everything that can be bolted on without removing the stock cylinder heads fits the same catagory.
I'm on stock heads.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'm on stock heads.
i assumed that before posting if your gonna yank the heads your gonna change the rods atleast any sane man in the porsche performance world would

Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
i assumed that before posting if your gonna yank the heads your gonna change the rods atleast any sane man in the porsche performance world would
Absolutely.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
Turbo upgrades are a bolt on. Same deal as dump pipes and exhaust, they are by definition a "bolt on" upgrade, nothing internal to the engine has been changed and its still unopened.

At least that's the definition I've always worked on and most car forums do.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r
Turbo upgrades are a bolt on. Same deal as dump pipes and exhaust, they are by definition a "bolt on" upgrade, nothing internal to the engine has been changed and its still unopened.

At least that's the definition I've always worked on and most car forums do.
It's very subjective, but that's always been my definition as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my new GT2