996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some pics of my new GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:46 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I don't miss forum drama at all, on that note, Scott enjoy it in the best of health bud. Damn fast car for what it has, are you impressed with it at all for the modifications it has in relation to previous cars in comparison with their mods?

Old 12-04-2009, 01:34 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful upgrade, Scott!

Old 12-04-2009, 06:46 PM
davenew is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r
Turbo upgrades are a bolt on. Same deal as dump pipes and exhaust, they are by definition a "bolt on" upgrade, nothing internal to the engine has been changed and its still unopened.

At least that's the definition I've always worked on and most car forums do.
Yea, I always figured different turbos that bolt to stock manifolds are considered "bolt on". If you have to install custom made exhaust manifolds in order to make the larger turbos fit.. then that's not really "bolt on", even though the custom manifolds would bolt on to the heads. This technical stuff gets tricky.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Broker404 is infamous around these partsBroker404 is infamous around these parts
LOVE the color, and absolutely LOVE the wheels! I was amazed to see that some people said they don't like those wheels!?! Those are probably my #1 choice for wheels on a 996.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Absolutely stunning car... congrats....

For me almost perfect... but would swap out for HRE P40s in semi gloss black with a white lip accent... but Scott.... as you said, its your baby.... and you love the wheels most and that is what counts.... congrats... and get back into your garage now...

Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Bluecuda is infamous around these parts
Hey Scott,

What happened to your Corvette? Did you get rid of it for some reason? I was admiring your build a few months ago but hadn't heard that you got rid of it.

Beautiful GT2, too. White's not my color, but it's still a pretty car

Old 12-05-2009, 08:48 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning

If anyone is so naive to believe that anything over 700 hp is a simple bolt on then your smoking some good stuff because if you would see what goes into such a project you would freak out... lines are rerouted, custom oil lines, water lines, DVS are relocated, external Wgs etc etc the list goes on...
Hmmm...not the kits SPI has been delivering recently....didn't you see the SPI kit Todd installed on the 997gt2 that made 822? Light years ahead in terms of simplicity (and power) compared to what has been going on over the past few years. Most everything is modular now too....don't have to throw stuff out like you used to when upgrading between packages, etc.

Scott, btw, LOVE your GT2. You and Eric need to get together at the Tx meet this March so we can do a photo shoot of these low mileage, perfect condition 700hp+ sisters!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I don't miss forum drama at all, on that note, Scott enjoy it in the best of health bud. Damn fast car for what it has, are you impressed with it at all for the modifications it has in relation to previous cars in comparison with their mods?
Martin - I just found out this week that I had 2 boost leaks (one of them fairly major...both are now fixed)...so yes, I'm VERY impressed with how fast it is sicne it had boost leaks the entire time I'd been driving it!

Thanks.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-05-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Broker404
LOVE the color, and absolutely LOVE the wheels! I was amazed to see that some people said they don't like those wheels!?! Those are probably my #1 choice for wheels on a 996.
Thanks, Broker. I really do like the wheels...but damn do they attract attention to the car! Not sure I like that so much...

Old 12-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Beautiful upgrade, Scott!
Thanks, Dave! Not sure how belated this is, but you too.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Harold
Absolutely stunning car... congrats....

For me almost perfect... but would swap out for HRE P40s in semi gloss black with a white lip accent... but Scott.... as you said, its your baby.... and you love the wheels most and that is what counts.... congrats... and get back into your garage now...
Thank you, Harold. The P40's would definitly look beautiful. Maybe down the road.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Bluecuda
Hey Scott,

What happened to your Corvette? Did you get rid of it for some reason? I was admiring your build a few months ago but hadn't heard that you got rid of it.

Beautiful GT2, too. White's not my color, but it's still a pretty car

Cuda -

I got rid of it for this car. Had finances allowed, I would have kept it along with the GT2, since I think that would make one heck of a garage...but I really missed being in a Porsche and chose to let it go in order to get my hands on this beauty. The Z was/is a great car, and the new owner (an avid Porsche collector) actually likes it a lot more then he expected.

Thanks, man.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-05-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Scott, btw, LOVE your GT2. You and Eric need to get together at the Tx meet this March so we can do a photo shoot of these low mileage, perfect condition 700hp+ sisters!
Thanks, Jamie. A photo shoot with her silver sister would be great! Heck, if I can actually get Eric in the photo, I'll frame it and hang it over my bed.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car ugly wheels

Old 12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Thanks, Jamie. A photo shoot with her silver sister would be great! Heck, if I can actually get Eric in the photo, I'll frame it and hang it over my bed.
I'll go on a diet now. It will look like Abbott and Costello meet the the GT2 twins.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my new GT2