996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New 60-130 Times...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
By the way...I will let you hold on to those numbers for a bit, before I get into the fours ....Great Run!!!!

PS..get some weight off the car and it should be a four second car...

Old 11-12-2009, 06:29 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I must "spread some reputation around" before giving more to KPG.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:55 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Congrats Kevin, that is one serious time!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:58 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Now that it is perfect it is time to store it. I think the car ran great, I am going to try and get a weight today just for reference. I have been driving my daughter around in it all week, just another daily driver
Kev,

Send it down here to me and I'll exercise her through the winter for you. It was 81 degrees here yesterday, not a cloud in the sky.

All jokes aside that is one hell of a time. I hope to be joining you soon. New boost solenoid on the way from Greddy and i'll be running at the 60-130 next weekend. Congrats buddy. That is MOVIN!!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:21 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I'd be very curious how much your car weighs Kevin. I think my car runs what it runs because of my "Jenny Craig" options.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
kevin, excellent run. on your 4th gear pull, what speed did you start at? 40 mph? did you notice at what point you hit full boost? did you try breakboosting that 4th gear pull?
Dennis, I have brakeboosting but I get better times just starting real slow. It was very early in the AM and I could get down to 40 or so with no problems on the interstate. I did not notice where it full boost but I can look on the dyno video of 4th gear at EVOMS that had a picture of the dash during a run. It only shows the dash boost gauge but it would be good for a guess. Here is the no shift run, it was actually 5.9 when it was graphed out and I began around 47 Mph. Hope this helps

Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I'd be very curious how much your car weighs Kevin. I think my car runs what it runs because of my "Jenny Craig" options.
I have the McDonalds Supersized #3 options...I am going to put it on a truck scale in a few hours. I will scan the ticket when I get back...

Old 11-12-2009, 07:34 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by topgun
By the way...I will let you hold on to those numbers for a bit, before I get into the fours ....Great Run!!!!

PS..get some weight off the car and it should be a four second car...
Are you still here? Run along little boy, the Mile was SOOOOO last week.....

Old 11-12-2009, 07:37 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
I have the McDonalds Supersized #3 options...I am going to put it on a truck scale in a few hours. I will scan the ticket when I get back...

I know your car is a tank. Mine really got lighter with the inadvertant RWD option. I just took it from there. I hope to put my dif back in soon, if it's still good. Right now my car is around 3150. I scaled mine at the drag strip, so probably not terribly accurate, but I don't think it's off by 100lbs.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 AM
KPG
Paulie, DocJ, Doc Rob,Marty, Both Mikes,Ben, Todd,Corey, Xlr82xs.... Thanks guys

Old 11-12-2009, 07:42 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by robmd99
Kevin
Way to kick a$$.... as long as it is not mine LOL
Hey Doc, anytime you want to do some "Big Game Hunting in MI " let me know, just bring the R compund snow tires! Good luck next week at your 60-130 event

Old 11-12-2009, 07:44 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great run Kevin! Your car is the perfect balance.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
I really feel this about all I can expect from this setup given my weight.
Yeah well try one less cheeseburger at the next truck stop:-) Congrats brutha!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Dennis, I have brakeboosting but I get better times just starting real slow. It was very early in the AM and I could get down to 40 or so with no problems on the interstate. I did not notice where it full boost but I can look on the dyno video of 4th gear at EVOMS that had a picture of the dash during a run. It only shows the dash boost gauge but it would be good for a guess. Here is the no shift run, it was actually 5.9 when it was graphed out and I began around 47 Mph. Hope this helps

I think that is an incredible time to roll in one gear from so low an rpm. Very impressed with that single gear run, almost more so than with the one shift run as it shows how well, your setup is pulling.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:49 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by bmoores
Kev,

Send it down here to me and I'll exercise her through the winter for you. It was 81 degrees here yesterday, not a cloud in the sky.

All jokes aside that is one hell of a time. I hope to be joining you soon. New boost solenoid on the way from Greddy and i'll be running at the 60-130 next weekend. Congrats buddy. That is MOVIN!!
Ben , I cant speak to your setup and the best way to produce times but I will say I was very surprised how mine made the 5.2 I did ten runs, 8 1 shifts and a single no shift and a single 2 shift. All the 1 shift runs were all within 5.2 -5.5. I had thought that running up to redline would be the best time but it was shortshifting that brought the best time. I shifted well under 7K and it brought me in the meat of the tq band in 4th. I think that helped for a few .10ths..... Also, my Topgun bobblehead on the dash was mocking me, that helped for a few 10ths as well. You know, I have never seen a Bobblehead with ..well, such a big head...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 60-130 Times...