996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

130-190MPH Pbox Data: Texas Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
if Art ran 221 and I ran 226 I would bet our numbers are kinda close.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Considering a slipping clutch plus not at full boost either, yes. There is another 200whp left in the car.

Originally Posted by jbsteven
if Art ran 221 and I ran 226 I would bet our numbers are kinda close.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Joe's time is mind boggling, but all of the others are damn sure nothing to sneeze at!

Old 11-20-2009, 12:12 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Considering a slipping clutch plus not at full boost either, yes. There is another 200whp left in the car.
wow - you hit that number at the mile with around 800whp.

Nice work...now let see a full boost run Art.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:05 AM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bmoores
Your car must accelerate like an absolute monster up top if you are trapping 127 in the quarter and making it from 130 to 190 that fast. Very impressive indeed. Do you have any VBOX graphs you can post up.
I must admit, the 127 mph is not the average of the last 60 feet but the speed at the point of 1320th foot. will recheck and provide some graphs for both!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:11 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !

Can you post up the 130 to 190 on your 221 run?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Post what you got Art. We know they weren't your best numbers but these are Texas Mile specific numbers.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I found an old calculation from my car during a TX MILE run:

0-60 == 4.2 seconds 0-100
60-130 == 7.0 seconds 100-200
130-186 mph == 14.8 seconds 200-300

(I dont have the calc figured out to 190 mph on that run)

taken from Oct 07 Texas mile runs

Old 11-20-2009, 09:04 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I found an old calculation from my car during a TX MILE run:

0-60 == 4.2 seconds 0-100
60-130 == 7.0 seconds 100-200
130-186 mph == 14.8 seconds 200-300

(I dont have the calc figured out to 190 mph on that run)

taken from Oct 07 Texas mile runs

I take it you didn't run a pbox during your runs. Thanks for posting your data Marty.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:14 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Art, your continued refusal to post data about your car at the mile while continuing to talk about how fast it is makes you look foolish. Everyone here just ran their cars and posted the data. Why can't you do the same and verify what we already know...that you have the second fastest996 Porsche on 6speed. Everyone posts their initial numbers and then the improved numbers as they come in.
Also, to claim you still had 200 whp on tap at the mile is pure fantasy. By my math that means you did 221 with 1020-200whp or 820 whp.... Sorry bro but you are delusional even with "heartbreaker" dyno numbers. Also, please refrain from this continuous reference to clutch slipping at the mile because no one believes you unless of course you have the only clutch on Earth that slips in the low gears but not the higher gears with increased load. No slipping clutch allows you to turn up the boost and improve your time, that is a fact plain and simple that no obfuscation on your part can hide.
I would like to see your data from the mile because it would show if the clutch was slipping thru the long Gs and it would also show relative hp to the other cars that were not afraid to post their data. I think this is why you won't post any data from the mile for public scrutiny. What was the 60 130, 130 190 or 0 186 at the mile? Please post the data for the benefit of all or don't come on these FACT based data threads and talk about unknown, unproven or unverified performance numbers.You seem to be reading off VRs script. You may look at this post and think I am trying to **** you off but look at what am asking and you will see it is reasonable. Cheers, bro!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:20 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Art, your continued refusal to post data about your car at the mile while continuing to talk about how fast it is makes you look foolish. Everyone here just ran their cars and posted the data. Why can't you do the same and verify what we already know...that you have the second fastest996 Porsche on 6speed. Everyone posts their initial numbers and then the improved numbers as they come in.
Also, to claim you still had 200 whp on tap at the mile is pure fantasy. By my math that means you did 221 with 1020-200whp or 820 whp.... Sorry bro but you are delusional even with "heartbreaker" dyno numbers. Also, please refrain from this continuous reference to clutch slipping at the mile because no one believes you unless of course you have the only clutch on Earth that slips in the low gears but not the higher gears with increased load. No slipping clutch allows you to turn up the boost and improve your time, that is a fact plain and simple that no obfuscation on your part can hide.
I would like to see your data from the mile because it would show if the clutch was slipping thru the long Gs and it would also show relative hp to the other cars that were not afraid to post their data. I think this is why you won't post any data from the mile for public scrutiny. What was the 60 130, 130 190 or 0 186 at the mile? Please post the data for the benefit of all or don't come on these FACT based data threads and talk about unknown, unproven or unverified performance numbers.You seem to be reading off VRs script. You may look at this post and think I am trying to **** you off but look at what am asking and you will see it is reasonable. Cheers, bro!

Um, Kevin.....on another note....Have I waited long enough to publicly call you out? You know, I have seen the mail man everyday here in my neck of the woods....Still no package..

Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Um, Kevin.....on another note....Have I waited long enough to publicly call you out? You know, I have seen the mail man everyday here in my neck of the woods....Still no package..
I stand before you as your humble servant requesting mercy at your benevolent hand. The package, in all its brown paper glory, still resides on my wifes desk at work. It will be overnighted today and she shall be punished. I believe a spanking is in order....

Old 11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by KPG
I stand before you as your humble servant requesting mercy at your benevolent hand. The package, in all its brown paper glory, still resides on my wifes desk at work. It will be overnighted today and she shall be punished. I believe a spanking is in order....

Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Post of the day. Oh and Kevin ......... we're going to need to see some data for that spanking to verify it actually happened.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:21 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Kevin,
You can have your opinions and call me delusional. I got nothing to prove here but will have a solid data for you when my car is running strong. My car was still on the hoist on Thursday evening in California without any testing then the car was placed in the trailor and on the way to Texas. Yes the car has more HP left in it and Jake from Tial could attest to that b/c he knows all the facts. Maybe you should call Todd K. to verify these statements since he was there with me. I was on the phone with ATS Carbonetics Rep. and told me to warm up the clutch a lot before the Mile Run and it should hold a bit better. Another thing, call Betim and ask him about it. He said he had to let off and go on it a few times b/c on top of 6th gear it would not hold. When you see my real 60-130 time then you will know the car's performance level or you will find some other excuses down the road.

Originally Posted by KPG

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 130-190MPH Pbox Data: Texas Mile