996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vividracing Stage 2 versus Switzer L2 for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
yllwturbo - please send me back the FREE Agency Power toe links I gave you. And do your homework...

BlkMGK has never bought from us at all. He is just stating some concerns.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Ouch, Dan the Repo Man!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
yllwturbo - please send me back the FREE Agency Power toe links I gave you. And do your homework...

BlkMGK has never bought from us at all. He is just stating some concerns.

listen D when the word REFUND use to mean giving back the "MONEY" NOT STORE CREDIT. SO SEND ME MY $550 I'LL SEND U BACK YOUR LINKS OR CHANGE YOUR YOUR POLICY FROM " MONEY BACK GUARANTEE TO I GOT YOUR CASH NOW I'LL CREDIT YOU THE PARTS AT MY COST, LATER SUCKERZZZ"
I HAVENT INSTALL THEM YET AND GLAD TO SHIP THEM BACK TO U IF U "REFUND" REPEAT "REFUND" MY $550 CASH.

NOW SEARCH ON 6SPEED ANYONE EVER GOT THEIR MONEY REFUNDED FROM U........... I THOUGHT SO including Art for those axles that never FIT, again store credit. RIGHT DAN?

BLKMKG never bought anything from you thats why he is on your side. i never attacked u personally,I JUST SAID "u just spread information that is NOT correct. OF COURSE U TOOK CARE OF SOME BUT U KNOW THE REST THAT U FUU......CCC..HHH"

Last edited by yllwturbo; 03-17-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
EEEEEEEK!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
LMFAO, this is the pic of the week.

Originally Posted by Powell
EEEEEEEK!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
I'm curious, why is it that in almost any thread where Vivid posts you grind an axe and go after them? So far I've not seen any real reason for it given other than vague insinuations so I'm wondering if this is a personal thing or what? Have they somehow done you wrong on your 996? What's the basis for the hatred? I admit there's a shop or two I would advise against but I've got pretty solid reasons and I don't just chase them around from thread to thread so your beef must be worse. What is it?
My comment that you referred to back in November is consistent with what I would say today. I have never said anything untrue about Vivid. Their customer experience is inconsistent. Their power levels/performance results are mid pack. I believe their prices are more aggressive than others, but in my opinion, longer term value is still questionable. Again, this is not bashing. I'm just stating what I've seen firsthand from customers who I know.

But that being said, Dan is at a disadvantage in that he is a parts reseller. He is not a tuner. He is not an engineer, nor does he work on project cars himself. So in all fairness, he probably does as good of a job as anyone can with a mobile phone marketing/sales background. It appears he had built a good business as a scrappy entrepreneur - and that's cool in my book.

But bottom line, Vivid attracts different types of customers than Switzer – and in my years of experience working with many shops on many different platforms – I have always received better performing and more reliable results working with a technical, R&D oriented owner who works on my cars himself.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
I've got to jump in to this. I can't take it any more. Dan, and all of VR, has been fantastic to me. And, speaking of toe links, we had to buy the dog bones for the PSS10's that we purchased from VR because we lowered the car a lot. The independent mechanic said he MAY also need the toe links and that we should pick up those too so we're not waiting around for parts. Dan sent us the dog bones/toe links over night just to have "on standby" in case they were needed. They weren't, so we sent them back and received a FULL refund the day they were received.

I'm developing a love/hate relationship with the internet because there's alot of good information, but usually, someone will jump in and attack just because of misreading/misinterpreting something. It's getting OLD!!!

John

Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Two years ago i bought a carbon intake kit from Dan...i had k16/24 turbos at that time...when i switched to k24/18g turbos, I experienced problems with mafs...dan did a full refund of the intake...a year later a set of fabspeed headers i bought from dan cracked...He took care of me and send me a new set...for free of course...After a trackday,drop links had a ticking noise due to wear...He replaced them for free again...

Old 03-17-2010, 01:35 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
"[quoteTo yellowturbo, I dont care if you like EVO, IPD, BBI, or whoever, I sell all of their products and have a good relationship with each. For a guy that calls me up and says, "hey bro bro, how you doing bro bro" and then drives out here to spend money with someone else and I still give you free rear toe links cause you though it would be good to weld a rod end, pretty ungrateful. "

First off dan, when yllwturbo and I drove to Arizona it was not to come to vivdracing for the $$$REFUND that was promised. Our gas up there was more than the money that was supposedly going to be refunded. It was to re tune our cars at Evolution Motorsports since they are our tuners. Since being in Arizona we decided to stop by vivid to get his REFUND which by the way was promised.

To all the guys backing vivid more power to you. Happy you guys are happy with the service but yllwturbo has a different experience!!How would you guys feel if you were promised refund but given credit?? I was there and heard it and was also present at vivid.

What I don't understand is everyone can post how a company is so good but when someone feels like they got screwed everyone that has purchased something in the past chimes in and tries to defend. Nothing you say can change what yllwturbo experienced with vivid.. it will not change because you at one point or always get great service with vivid.

Back to the op... If I didn't already love the Evoms set up I would have went with Switzer just because of the work I have seen. Do your homework...talk to both as was mentioned and then most importantly have fun driving!!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Here we go again...
Too bad some always start and in the end the member never gets neutral answer... it becomes a hate thread and snowballs... I see a patter I wish not to discuss publicly...
It's unfortunate as the different camps will keep going back and forth... till it gets shut down or finally dies... in the end the client gets turned off and does not support our vendors... how unfortunate and its all due to some selfish perspective of how a tuner, shop, reseller, etc ought to be or is not up to a certain standard in that person's mind...

you guys should all stop this BS..
mark

edit: please do not parse my words... I'm talking in general terms

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-17-2010, 03:45 PM
wezz is infamous around these parts
I've never had experience with Vivid although i do use their website alot to do research. Thanks Dan for a great site.

My experience with Switzer has been nothing but excellent. Amazing customer service, top notch products (best i have ever seen), and promised power. They said 600hp, i get 600 hp - reliable 600 hp.

I see alot of people complain about pricing but i think they're price is spot on. They have the budget kits but nothing in their so called budget kit is budget. The quality and performance is a ten.

I'm ready to drop my car off for some more work!!! Neil i'm calling you soon
Support your local 6speed vendor!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:22 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
My comment that you referred to back in November is consistent with what I would say today. I have never said anything untrue about Vivid. Their customer experience is inconsistent. Their power levels/performance results are mid pack. I believe their prices are more aggressive than others, but in my opinion, longer term value is still questionable. Again, this is not bashing. I'm just stating what I've seen firsthand from customers who I know.

But that being said, Dan is at a disadvantage in that he is a parts reseller. He is not a tuner. He is not an engineer, nor does he work on project cars himself. So in all fairness, he probably does as good of a job as anyone can with a mobile phone marketing/sales background. It appears he had built a good business as a scrappy entrepreneur - and that's cool in my book.

But bottom line, Vivid attracts different types of customers than Switzer – and in my years of experience working with many shops on many different platforms – I have always received better performing and more reliable results working with a technical, R&D oriented owner who works on my cars himself.
Wow. Pretty harsh. I am a diehard Protomotive customer, no dog in the hunt.

I think you can start with "Dan is a parts reseller." Jamie, ever hear of Agency Power?" Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Dan own AP? are they not a manufacturer?

"Mobile phone marketing?" His companies did over 10 MILLION DOLLARS in sales last year. If he did that with a cell phone, he oughta write a book and book time on CNBC.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Here we go again...
Too bad some always start and in the end the member never gets neutral answer... it becomes a hate thread and snowballs... I see a patter I wish not to discuss publicly...
It's unfortunate as the different camps will keep going back and forth... till it gets shut down or finally dies... in the end the client gets turned off and does not support our vendors... how unfortunate and its all due to some selfish perspective of how a tuner, shop, reseller, etc ought to be or is not up to a certain standard in that person's mind...

you guys should all stop this BS..
mark

edit: please do not parse my words... I'm talking in general terms
Not only is this a great post but it is from a great guy.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:23 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Wall of text - deal! :P

Originally Posted by yllwturbo
OhioGT2 is an honest guy, he speaks from his experience not from someone that just read n read and still blind with the results. its like saying u seem to be standing up for vivid how much products have you bought from them or it was given free to you.
ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE SOMEONE HONEST IN HERE LIKE OhioGT2
See what I asked for was some sort of basis for the complaints because I have seen him throwing stones more than once. He posted above and while I might not agree; what he said was calm and reasoned - his beef seems to be that he would rather deal with someone engineering parts rather than someone who deals parts. Now I'm not sure if that's the kind of reason I would use to pick at someone at every turn but at least he has made his point of view clear and was honest, concise, and reasoned. It's not clear that he had an actual bad experience, just that he certainly disagrees with the way Dan has chosen to do things. That's my understanding right now anyway and I can respect his honesty.

As for me... Dan doesn't even know who I am and neither do you. If I bought from Dan he wouldn't know me one way or another unless I chose to tell him. As for "Free" - where do I get in on that action?! I've only ever tried to buy one item from Dan and it was because he had an awesome price. After I placed the order it turns out they were out of stock. That irked me but the next place I tried to order from had the SAME situation! No one had stock, I was stuck. Then Titan stepped forward, offered me an excellent price, and let me know that the reaosn why no one had stock was because they had purchased all of the stock available in the States! :O

Every shop has stories - some way worse than others. I could act pissy because Dan was out of stock but the site accepted my order anyway. I could be upset because when my car was DOA on the side of the road pissing clutch and P/S fluid after having just had a clutch job done by Neal I got little help and a denial of responsibility. I could also throw rocks at yet another vendor who had a car of mine for FIFTY weeks and handed me excuse after excuse after excuse on a near daily basis as to why NO work was being done. They claim to be all better now... We all froth when a vendor's name is mentioned that we've had issues with in the past. Sometimes the reaction is fair, sometimes not. There's a company or two out there that sets me right off so believe me I have my hot buttons too and am as guilty as the next - but at least I can recognize it and try to compensate. The best part is that one company in their settlement letter failed to gag me so I can talk about them all I want when that button is pushed!

People will stick up for each and every one of those shops or companies because there are also good stories too. I might, in my mind, get screwed by one shop but someone else might get awesome service and a great price. Some of that is how you approach them and some of that is luck of the draw. Hopefully there's at least some that are simply just awesome. When I find that I will stick up for them rabidly too.

The thing to understand is that everyone will have an opinion so when they express it ask them WHY. Then judge for yourself. Were they calm and clear and expressed a situation that would also have pissed you off? Or did they come across as an unhinged loon so cross-eyed with anger they couldn't express the issue and who's opinion you could discount? Maybe something in-between? Was it one story or dozens? Is there legal action pending?

Mark is correct in that nothing will likely come of this. Really the best way to figure out who's good is to talk to them, ask questions, and quietly ask others about them. research is what's needed.

The shop I had such terrific grief with came WELL recommended, had terrific qualifications, cars in magazines, and can claim all sorts of awesome experience - except my experience wasn't great at all. It was also years ago so I try hard not to blast them at every chance - but it's hard. So even if you do research you can get hosed.

The buyer has to make a judgment call and has to be ready to protect themself. The buyer should also educate themselves, that above all makes a difference I think. So yeah - I read and study a great deal because I don't have money to burn. That doesn't make me stupid or mean that I cannot turn a wrench or tune a car - it simply means I'm prudent.

I have no doubt that both Dan and Neal and the other shops can build cars that run well. The buyer could do very well with either system he is comparing. He's asked for opinions and he's gotten quite a few, maybe that's helped maybe not. All I asked for, pretty calmly I thought, was for some innuendo to be backed up and some reasoning was provided. <shrug>

I think Mark was pretty accurate too which is a shame but it's what happens when you ask this type of question. It could just as easily have been a vacuum cleaner comparison and you had better believe that all of us who paid BUX for a Dyson would be defending it like the holy grail and everyone who paid half that for who knows what would defend their decision to the death too. In the end people make choices and defend them because if they don't they can feel like they made a bad decision and are somehow lesser for it - which isn't always true....

P.S. You claim Dan has spread misinformation. The only time I've seen any "misinformation" was when Dan was mistaken about TB sizing in the plenum thread and you jumped on him as I recall. TB sizing has varied among years and models it seems so I thought that was a bit unfair. You also have a beef with him over a refund issue that I have no knowledge of. I suspect it is this that causes you to be as critical of him as you are - yes?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK

P.S. You claim Dan has spread misinformation. The only time I've seen any "misinformation" was when Dan was mistaken about TB sizing in the plenum thread and you jumped on him as I recall. TB sizing has varied among years and models it seems so I thought that was a bit unfair. You also have a beef with him over a refund issue that I have no knowledge of. I suspect it is this that causes you to be as critical of him as you are - yes?
With the problem that I have with dan I have never EVER once came on here and said anything about him until recently. I have kept my silence and my problem to myself. Should I have kept my silence and continued not to say anything....You would be the first to right a book about it....Name a vendor on 6speed that has called out a customer negativley?? I thought so!! I only said what I had to say in response to dans' information that was incorrect over and over again in the big fat mouth plenum thread. cjv even chimed in.

Originally Posted by cjv
Dan.

It all depends what year model GT3 you are referring to. The latest GT3's throttle bodies are 82 mm. I believe earlier ones (not sure what year) they were using 78 mm's. I know the throttle body sizing was changed at some point. The measurement is done at the location where the throttle body shaft goes through the throttle body
But this is how dan measures his throttle body size

Do you see anything wrong on a simple picture that is being measured? I guess you don't but when you saw a dyno chart that was wrong you pointed it out and you asked for more info.... That is all from me!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vividracing Stage 2 versus Switzer L2 for 996TT