996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

so i got called out by a ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 10:20 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Dude sounds like a ******-bag...

When it happens please post vids of the beat down...

BTW...Sean the "outfit" your wife layed out for you for Thanksgiving Dinner looks great...!!

Old 11-27-2009, 11:09 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
D, i will man ..no worries

Sean, love the sweater vest man...

Old 11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
JD's03tt is infamous around these parts
subscribe

Old 11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
46and2 is infamous around these parts
I registered to subscribe. I can't wait for vids!

Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
It's really sad when you come across someone with such blinders that thinks things like "AMerican Muscle" and thumps their chest. I used to go watch dyno days at a friend's shop and when the Lightnings and Mustangs and Camaros were done doing pulls I'd put the Supra on there and jaws would drop as my little "ricer" 3liter beat the power of 90% of the cars that had just run - and on pump gas. Likewise when we hit the dragstrip, me on DRs keeping up with those guys on slicks. One poor guy yanked most of his interior trying to keep up the last time! Their eyes usually opened a bit though, especially when they found out it was pretty much a daily driver with decent MPG.

But there was always a couple... Guys who just thought that because they had a VEE8 that they were somehow automatically the best. I'll never forget one of those twits. Hearing this punk talking crap about a turbo VW that had come into a cruise I just shook my head. I talked to the VW kid and he was putting down as much power as the twit in the Camaro talking crap - and weighed a ton less. But you couldn't tell the Camaro owner that, nuh uh, no way could a little "ricer" beat his manly V8. In his world such possibilities just couldn't occur. after tuning on a few Honda I even had some respect for what you could do with those little things.

This guy sounds like one of those. Can't tell him anything. This is THE fastest car he's ever driven or been in and he's read ALL of the car mags. In his world nothing beats his V8. When, and if, you stomp him - and I hope you do - prepare to hear all manner of crappy excuses. He will tell you that if he slapped a turbo on his car he would beat you. Or if he modded his car like you have he would beat you. He'll tell you that your car is more fragile. He will try to say your car cost more. He will claim you cheated, that you ran nawz and that's "cheating". that's if he even shows up. I won't be surprised if this jackass makes all manner of excuses and then when it's race day he'll try anything he can to handicap your car. Turds like this never want a fair race! If it's not a sure thing in their mind then they won't do it. He'll claim who knows what went wrong to cover any sort of loss.

Mark my words, you will want witnesses and you will want video. Just maybe don't tell him it's being videotaped because jerks like this start to realize that they're in deep **** when the competition brings a camera to document things. I really truly hope you put a serious hurting on this loudmouth. This type of twit puts a real blemish on nice cars like the ZR1 and that sort of chest thumping is exactly why I won't own certain cars - their owner community makes me ill...

P.S. $5 says he will tell you that "next time" it'll be different. You might even motivate him to mod the crap out of his car in an attempt to best you. Your going to hurt his pride, things will likely get ugly after....

Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
he's going to get a 996tt

typical vette driver, no offence to the cool vette guys on here. but so many have a chip on their shoulder. Anyway, make sure you video it when you crush him and post it all over.
Guys that that come in all makes. Literally.

Originally Posted by unvmy996
Oh and his **** talking is epic lol , heres some texts he sent to a mutual friend , "tell him to buy a real car off the shelf that can perform like a zr1" LOL and the second ,

"american muscle will rape his VW ". what a ****** .... lol , see i was thinking about beeing classy after the asswhooping he gets , like scott said but not thats out the window ..

Haha, he's making excuses for himself already. So he picks on you and basically begs for a beat down and then when you accept starts with the "off the shelf" garbage. Classic.

Post IMMEDIATELY to youtube with name included.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
What are you, like 8% body fat...please, I ate a whole tray of pumpkin bread, and carrot cake AND 2 slices of mudslide.
I'm probably 11% or so right now. Had a cast on for the last 10 weeks, so I've gotten a bit out of shape.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy

Haha, he's making excuses for himself already. So he picks on you and basically begs for a beat down and then when you accept starts with the "off the shelf" garbage. Classic.
Yep, I noticed that as well. The excuses have already begun! I think he's starting to get a little nervous.

+1 to BLKMGK's post as well. 100% accurate. There are quite a few domestic guys in my area just like that, although I must admit, there are also a good bunch of real car guys here as well. Guys that can appreciate fast cars regardless of the make/model.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-27-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
<snip>

Post IMMEDIATELY to youtube with name included.
Yeah, I noticed that too. He is already preparing the "off the shelf", "I could turbo mine", "If I modded mine" excuses. Never mind that his is supercharged from the factory, he'll make the turbos sound magical. Embarrass this kind of jackass well enough and he'll mortgage his house just to beat you - it's like it makes his ***** bigger or something.

While it's true guys like this exist in all car brands the Corvette guys have the added stigma of the gold chain crowd. Out of all the Corvette the ZR1 is probably the one I'd be most likely to buy but to be associated with asshats like this would sure spoil it. I've met too many chest thumping VEEE8 guys in my time I guess. Once in awhile though you run across folks with a clue who don't care what the brand is, those are the ones you want to pay the most attention to when they speak

Old 11-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Yep, I noticed that as well. The excuses have already begun! I think he's starting to get a little nervous.

+1 to BLKMGK's post as well. 100% accurate. There are quite a few domestic guys in my area just like that, although I must admit, there are a good bunch of real car guys here as well. Guys that can appreciate fast cars regardless of the make/model.
People tend to like what they know. I was into Mustangs for years and turbocharged mine after running a blower and finally a 351W with a blower, I loved it! But I also watched the Buick GN guys with envy and knew a few of them - to include a couple of TurboTA. I owned a V8 Vega, an FD3 RX7, and I learned a great deal on the Supra which ended up being my benchmark. I've tuned on Honda, Mitsubishi, Lexus, and Ford - liked them all. Meanwhile guys I knew well owned a Mustang shop so I got to see plenty of fast V8s, expecially when the Cobras got supercharged and the Lightning truck came out with a blower. I never lost sight of the fact that what's on the nameplate doesn't matter. I just wanted fast! Frankly if I could get an AWD turbo Colt with the 4G drivetrain from a Talon I'd be all over it. I bought the Porsche not for the nameplate or the looks but because it met my speed criteria and mod potential.

I still have my pregidouses (sp?!) but I'm nothing like the black or white foreign\domestic dweebs. It's really painful to run across someone who's just so blinded and refuses to see sense. It's worse when they have a loudmouth and are willing to spew their ignorance at the top of their lungs. By now you can bet that at least one clueful person he will listen to has pulled him aside and given him the 411. He still doesn't believe it, he will still bull ahead, but the excuses are starting to occur to him already. Get this punk out for a race fast before he starts making bigger and bigger excuses! He will claim it's not broken in yet, he will say that it will void his warranty, he will say he's afraid of the phase of the Moon if you give him time enough to think about this. Bet that he's asking around about your car and know that he is getting a little nervous. Punks like this are so predictable, nailing one down and putting them in their place can be really tough! I wouldn't be surprised if he's shopping for a nitrous kit already

At least you've got a safe place to race it sounds, although you can bet he will try for the safety card too. If possible prerun it and make sure you have enough space to brake and consider putting out a cone or two to signal braking so red mist doesn't put one of the cars in the woods - most likely his. Be prepared to lose too - stranger things have happened. Blow a hose, lose a coil pack, who knows. If something happens to him be graceful too, stuff happens. Hopefully this goes off without a hitch and he learns a lesson, maybe you open his eyes. If he concedes gracefully be prepared to be graceful in return because if he turns out to be someone who can learn you don't want to stomp on that. I rate the chances of that pretty darned low though!

Old 11-27-2009, 12:07 PM
spdracr is infamous around these parts
Subscribed!

Old 11-27-2009, 12:18 PM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
+1 Very well put so many haters out there, why cant ppl just enjoy fast cars ? always this c*** measuring contest. There are always different routes to solve a problem and many of them seems to work quite well. Porsche have one approch Corvette another and GTR yet another and so on.... But always remember that it is better to "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" as Roosevelt said many year ago. Just beat the crap out of him

Originally Posted by BLKMGK
It's really sad when you come across someone with such blinders that thinks things like "AMerican Muscle" and thumps their chest. I used to go watch dyno days at a friend's shop and when the Lightnings and Mustangs and Camaros were done doing pulls I'd put the Supra on there and jaws would drop as my little "ricer" 3liter beat the power of 90% of the cars that had just run - and on pump gas. Likewise when we hit the dragstrip, me on DRs keeping up with those guys on slicks. One poor guy yanked most of his interior trying to keep up the last time! Their eyes usually opened a bit though, especially when they found out it was pretty much a daily driver with decent MPG.

But there was always a couple... Guys who just thought that because they had a VEE8 that they were somehow automatically the best. I'll never forget one of those twits. Hearing this punk talking crap about a turbo VW that had come into a cruise I just shook my head. I talked to the VW kid and he was putting down as much power as the twit in the Camaro talking crap - and weighed a ton less. But you couldn't tell the Camaro owner that, nuh uh, no way could a little "ricer" beat his manly V8. In his world such possibilities just couldn't occur. after tuning on a few Honda I even had some respect for what you could do with those little things.

This guy sounds like one of those. Can't tell him anything. This is THE fastest car he's ever driven or been in and he's read ALL of the car mags. In his world nothing beats his V8. When, and if, you stomp him - and I hope you do - prepare to hear all manner of crappy excuses. He will tell you that if he slapped a turbo on his car he would beat you. Or if he modded his car like you have he would beat you. He'll tell you that your car is more fragile. He will try to say your car cost more. He will claim you cheated, that you ran nawz and that's "cheating". that's if he even shows up. I won't be surprised if this jackass makes all manner of excuses and then when it's race day he'll try anything he can to handicap your car. Turds like this never want a fair race! If it's not a sure thing in their mind then they won't do it. He'll claim who knows what went wrong to cover any sort of loss.

Mark my words, you will want witnesses and you will want video. Just maybe don't tell him it's being videotaped because jerks like this start to realize that they're in deep **** when the competition brings a camera to document things. I really truly hope you put a serious hurting on this loudmouth. This type of twit puts a real blemish on nice cars like the ZR1 and that sort of chest thumping is exactly why I won't own certain cars - their owner community makes me ill...

P.S. $5 says he will tell you that "next time" it'll be different. You might even motivate him to mod the crap out of his car in an attempt to best you. Your going to hurt his pride, things will likely get ugly after....

Old 11-27-2009, 01:02 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Lots of replys and smack but still no race............

Old 11-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I like big power, whatever form it takes. A tubbed Pinto with a 6-71... cool! I do have a good friend, you know who you are, who is a TOTAL Euro-Snob. It doesn't make him a bad guy, just kinda funny.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:12 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
How long will this thread go on without the promised video. I'm starting to think this is all hype.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: so i got called out by a ZR1