996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone in the States know whose car this is or what happened ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 02:00 PM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
This is why I trail-brake when going through the Boston Market drive through.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Talking on a phone while shifting a GT-2 in urban traffic can be a lesson for us all . . . but really, flipping a car is ridiculous. How fast must he have been going that a curb/fire hydrant flips any car let alone a wide 996 lowered platform. BTW, the observation about columbus, OH: (I know it is already identified as IL) it is a front plate state and there is no front plate on the car.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:46 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Sloth
Further evidence that GT2's are evil...

The car was in the wrong hands, doing all the wrong things, didnt you read the posts above?

Old 12-04-2004, 03:38 PM
khaiser is infamous around these parts
Actually, I talked to a friend at Luxury motors. One of the service workers was driving the car from a Porsche dealer a couple blocks away, and he said he lost control. He was not arrested, and neither was any LM employees. He did not even get fired!!
He said he was only going 30mph.

Also, a fire hydrant went through the roof, and missed the drivers head by a marginal amount.
He even cracked a cement curb.

Last edited by khaiser; 12-04-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Volare is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by khaiser
Actually, I talked to a friend at Luxury motors. One of the service workers was driving the car from a Porsche dealer a couple blocks away, and he said he lost control. He was not arrested, and neither was any LM employees. He did not even get fired!!
He said he was only going 30mph.

Also, a fire hydrant went through the roof, and missed the drivers head by a marginal amount.
He even cracked a cement curb.
Khaiser – it was a good idea to go and ask Luxury Motors what happened. But do you think they would really tell you that one of their salesmen, or service worker was driving recklessly and talking on the phone. 30 mph would never flip a Porsche, unless he drove over a ramp on one side. That wouldn’t be a very smart comment to make for the dealership to admit they have idiots working there and abusing the cars.

And if it was a service worker, doesn’t it make you wonder what they would do to a customer’s car when they take it out for a “test drive”. Or if they beat the $hit out of the car and a future Porsche owner comes in and purchases a car with 1K miles, but has been abused by someone who knows they would never buy the car. This is the only draw back to buying a used car, you just never know who has gotten their hands on it.

Old 12-04-2004, 03:58 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Originally posted by james
...BTW, the observation about columbus, OH: (I know it is already identified as IL) it is a front plate state and there is no front plate on the car.
Before anyone jumps on me for saying this, I, like James, already know that this accident has been identified as being in IL.

James,

This is a good point, but you can't make that assumption based on the evidence provided. The car was driven by a dealer employee, so at most, it would've had a dealer plate on the rear. Second, you would be hard pressed to find many GT Porsches wearing front plates in OH. Just b/c it is the law there, not everyone follows it.

Greg A

Last edited by teflon; 04-12-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Volare
Khaiser – it was a good idea to go and ask Luxury Motors what happened. But do you think they would really tell you that one of their salesmen, or service worker was driving recklessly and talking on the phone. 30 mph would never flip a Porsche, unless he drove over a ramp on one side. That wouldn’t be a very smart comment to make for the dealership to admit they have idiots working there and abusing the cars.

And if it was a service worker, doesn’t it make you wonder what they would do to a customer’s car when they take it out for a “test drive”. Or if they beat the $hit out of the car and a future Porsche owner comes in and purchases a car with 1K miles, but has been abused by someone who knows they would never buy the car. This is the only draw back to buying a used car, you just never know who has gotten their hands on it.
Yes, it does make me wonder. The employee there is a good friend of mine. We all know that he was not driving 30 mph

I have already been told they have idiots working there

The person driving the car was a 19 year old.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Must of been trying to keep up with a Lambo!

Old 12-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Abraham996 is infamous around these parts
IL

Yep thats def. in IL. Im from burr ridge and went to high school off of odgen ave. (one of the streets pictured). LM has a ton of porsches btw ...even more than the actual porsche dealer thats down the street from it.
-d

Old 12-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Re: IL

Originally posted by Abraham996
Yep thats def. in IL. Im from burr ridge and went to high school off of odgen ave. (one of the streets pictured). LM has a ton of porsches btw ...even more than the actual porsche dealer thats down the street from it.
-d
That Porsche was coming from the actual dealer down the street.

Old 12-04-2004, 05:05 PM
dlm477 is infamous around these parts
khaiser, you could be right especially if he is your friend but to be honest you cant trust anyone at LM. I heard my story from someone who actually saw the accident (he worked accross the street). The porsche was coming from Napleton Porsche down the street.

Old 12-04-2004, 06:05 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
looks like it was raining, all the police are in weather jackets

Old 12-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Goodwood is infamous around these parts
That's the exact reason I wouldn't take a Stradle with anything more than a few delivery miles on it
Originally posted by Volare

Old 12-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by dlm477
khaiser, you could be right especially if he is your friend but to be honest you cant trust anyone at LM. I heard my story from someone who actually saw the accident (he worked accross the street). The porsche was coming from Napleton Porsche down the street.
That is true!!
They were suppossedly bringing to LM to sell the car.

Old 12-05-2004, 12:30 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Doesn't Matt Fresh work at Luxury Motors now?

It's pretty impressive for him to "park" the car upside down between 3 poles without touching them. I think it's a stunt for an upcoming Bad Boys III movie.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the States know whose car this is or what happened ?