996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

For higher mileage 996 guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Mike in MD is infamous around these parts
My '03 has 75K. Most reliable car I have ever owned. I drive it everyday.

Still on it's second set of rotor/pads. Needs Radiators (my fault for not cleaning them out more often), Clutch, accumulator. Probably needs suspension refresh, but again hard to tell since i don't drive it that hard. Planning to do it all myself when I have the time this winter.

Most important to me would the history of the car and how it got the miles. I would take mine with 75K and 5 grand over a multi-owner car with no detailed history provided but half the miles.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Sure there is a less chance of a low milage car having normal problems. Get it checked out then decide. You really don't know what your buying w/ any used car unless you know the original owner. Even then you aren't w/ that person all the time. Don't let the miles scare you, just get it checked and understand that even then something could go wrong. It's called life.

You are buyting a car that cost a lot of $$$ new and a lot of $$$ to keep up. So either understand and accept the cost or don't buy the car. I'm not trying to be a jerk I am just trying to say that you need to understand what you are getting into, that it could cost you a lot of $$ at some point. So is the thrill of driving the car worht it if it does? I'd say 99.9% of the people here would agree it is worth taking the chance on and spending $$$ when you have to because the 911 Turbo is about as good as it gets!