996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsche car magnet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Porsche car magnet?

In the last 24 hours, I have been nearly run off the road 3 times by crazy drivers.

Once on the 405 where a bohemoth SUV cut me off and I honked and he acknowledged me and kept cutting into the lane at my front fender. I was forced to turn hard left and lock up the brakes and completely stop halfway into the carpool lane. Naturally, I could have been killed had a car been speeding through the carpool lane.

In every case, the drivers seemed to have seen me, but decided they needed my lane even though there was nobody behind me!!?? When I honk and yell, they give me a quizzical look like "Wot me worry?"

Is there a magnet in my car that is attracting people to try to kill?

Old 12-04-2004, 01:21 PM
911 flyn is infamous around these parts
They are jealous....

Old 12-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
I notice that all cretins seem to come out when I am in the Pcar.

Old 12-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Well, the second time on LA Cienega a Livery Lincoln Town car starts into my lane at my fender and I hit the horn. He stops his path, but continues to stay partly in my lane, so I honk and accelerate past to see what is wrong with the guy.

He holds his cell phone up (I was on mine) and says "You cannot talk on phone! You are on phone!"

So, because I was on my phone, he tried to cut me off into a lane of parked cars??!!

Old 12-04-2004, 02:13 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Most drivers are careless when they drive a jalopy or big car knowing that others will yield. When they see a nice Porsche, they know the driver will yield.

I had a 4runner that slammed on the brake just bc he thouht I was tail gating. I wasn't even close and he freaked out for no reason trying to pick a fight. I was like, WTF. I should have thrown some coins at him when I passed him to scratch him up but I didn't.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Built to Blast
Yeah, its often a truck or minivan that starts this.

When I see a Porsche or Lambo or Ferrari, and I'm in my S500, I politely get out of the way to let them go!!

Old 12-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
I'll bet a common theme for the other cars is that they are all big. Remember that the P cars are low and small and I think people (esp suv) don't always see us well. I think we as sports car owners have to make a huge effort to remain out of the blind spots and assume people don't see us. Otherwise, you will be using your deductible and losing value on your scraped car. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes, you must have good driving reaction reflexes.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:28 PM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
Here's what you need: http://www.roadragecards.com/

Old 12-04-2004, 02:37 PM
I Looovvee Turrboos
TTRon is infamous around these parts
My Speed Yellow Turbo was never a car magnet, it was sort of like a huge hazard sign in the middle of the road i'll tell you one thing it was though...

Babe Magnet (except I have a fiance and no more Porsche )

Old 12-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Built to Blast
Originally posted by james
I'll bet a common theme for the other cars is that they are all big. Remember that the P cars are low and small and I think people (esp suv) don't always see us well. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes, you must have good driving reaction reflexes.
Interesting point james.

In each of these cases though, the drivers saw me, the SUV just thought he deserved it more and cut me off!! The Livery guy was scolding me for talking on my phone, so he saw me from behind!!??

I have never been in an accident in 22 years of driving and owning Porsches since 1992.

Knock on carbon fiber.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:44 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
I love that road rage book, gonna have to get one!
Wish I would of though of that.. lol