996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The Death Star is Operational

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 02:32 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Looks very promising so I hope that you will break into the 10's pretty soon.

I can't beleive that you have all this power and decided to run with 94 octane. I've got a stock car and run with ELF LMS fuel. The alternative is the local low octane variety and I can't have that on my car.

Old 12-06-2004, 02:35 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 03-turbo911
Looks very promising so I hope that you will break into the 10's pretty soon.

I can't beleive that you have all this power and decided to run with 94 octane. I've got a stock car and run with ELF LMS fuel. The alternative is the local low octane variety and I can't have that on my car.
Well I used better gas than 94 obviously but the map itself is for 94... It's my low boost setting. Lower I mean

It's getting to be so darn close (I think compared to vegas that was good for 1s or 2nd don't remember). I just need to get my 6 PSI back and run the higher boost with 103+ is all.. We'll see soon! 0.05 seconds is all I need to shave off!

Old 12-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Good numbers Alex.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:08 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Mr Kram
Good numbers Alex.
Thanks man it was nerve racking but all the other street cars were pulling 1.9-2.1 60 foots so doing a 1.74 and so on was pretty cool on that day. I'm so bummed I messed up with the gas though. Mike @ EVO is probably going to take a mallet to my head when he sees me Five one hundredths away from a 10 dammit- that's like if I had taken a dump, pee pee and run naked I would have saved enough weight to be in the 10s

Anyways I'm going to try and run the RIGHT gas next week and see where we're at then. But Darren Law was right when he said "This car has 10s in it".

Old 12-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by collin996tt
Ah dang, I'm busy till 2pm.
Heya man we should get a group for next weekend then.. Kirbling too I'll run his car in the 1/4 and we can see what it does

Old 12-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm, I do want to see what my car can do. damn I wish I went to Sac with you guys to watch.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:38 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Heya man we should get a group for next weekend then.. Kirbling too I'll run his car in the 1/4 and we can see what it does
Absolutely. Friday/Sunday is best for me though. Have a company party on saturday. Keep me posted.

Sorry, Kirb, if I had known earlier I could've kept yesterday free. But it's okay, I'd rather see alex run again on chevron supreme than regular unleaded

Old 12-06-2004, 03:32 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the results sharky!! Had some house stuff to take care of so I could not make it. FWIW the VP103 is the best unleaded fuel for high boost applications. I heard they also came out with a 108 unleaded fuel also. When I spoke to Garrett he said the VP fuels were the most stable on the dyno. CL Bryant is the local VP dealer here in NorCal.

I also wanted to let you know there is going to be a local 4 wheel mustang dyno available in January. This is the same dyno that GIAC uses so you may find it useful for future tuning.

Contact Jason at http://www.streetwerke.com. You will find him to be a great guy to work with.

Old 12-06-2004, 04:25 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Hmmm, I do want to see what my car can do. damn I wish I went to Sac with you guys to watch.
hmmm...

do you have a car?

Old 12-06-2004, 05:02 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dpblessing
hmmm...

do you have a car?

he does, but he needs someone to drive it for him. the 360 on the track really did it for him

hey doug, everytime i go by akkurat i always see your car just sitting there collecting dust. mind if i drive it once in awhile to lube the rings?

Old 12-06-2004, 05:51 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by collin996tt
he does, but he needs someone to drive it for him. the 360 on the track really did it for him

hey doug, everytime i go by akkurat i always see your car just sitting there collecting dust. mind if i drive it once in awhile to lube the rings?
I see...
So, you have not been to the shop for a few weeks then as I picked it up a while back...

I got to see Kirblings white wing... I even touched it (but don't tell him).
You do, however, have my permision to drive Kirby's car (does he have a car?) whenever you see it at the shop.

Old 12-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by K24madness
Congrats on the results sharky!! Had some house stuff to take care of so I could not make it. FWIW the VP103 is the best unleaded fuel for high boost applications. I heard they also came out with a 108 unleaded fuel also. When I spoke to Garrett he said the VP fuels were the most stable on the dyno. CL Bryant is the local VP dealer here in NorCal.

I also wanted to let you know there is going to be a local 4 wheel mustang dyno available in January. This is the same dyno that GIAC uses so you may find it useful for future tuning.

Contact Jason at http://www.streetwerke.com. You will find him to be a great guy to work with.
Thanks for the heads up on that and for the kind words. You were out at Vegas where I so wish I'd had a real go... The traction in Vegas was SICK. I can't believe how much VHT got laid down... However with only one turbo I wasn't gonna get far and hence the 11.5

I'll talk to your VP guy (their stuff IS the best). Where is the dyno going to be at? That's great news!

I watched the videos that James took and man was it close. One on of the 11.05 runs you can here me bounce of the rev limiter. Then on an 11.15 run you can hear it get a fuel cut and then get back on again....

OK so who's down for next weekend then? Weather permitting of course...

Old 12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Alex,

I should be about sixty to ninety days away from being able to go.

Last edited by cjv; 12-06-2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:27 PM
You know I'm down for that Chad

PS If my motor isn't apart <g>

Last edited by cjv; 12-06-2004 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:54 AM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Sharky the Dyno will be in Palo Alto at Streetwerkes.
292 lambert street. (near fry's electronics)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Death Star is Operational