996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What should I trade my 2004 Turbo Cab for??
$5000 and a 2005 Turbo Cab
11.54%
$9000 and a 2005 Turbo "S" Coupe
69.23%
$19000 and a 2005 Turbo "S" Cab
19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Which Turbo should I trade my current 04 Turbo Cab in for?? Details inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2004 | 08:27 PM
LSM
|
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
POLL: Which Turbo should I trade my current 04 Turbo Cab in for?? Details inside

Ok, so I got this turbo cab basically so that I could save my tax reimbursment from my total loss accident of my 2004 Turbo Cab. Now, I have a couple of choices and need your help. When selecting a choice please take into consideration overall value and resale is also very important

Choice #1 Trade my 2004 Turbo Cab + $5000 in for a 2005 Turbo Cab. (model year alone is $10k more in resale)

Choice #2 Trade my 2004 Turbo Cab + $9000 in for a 2005 Turbo "S" Coupe (will it be worth more than in standard 2005 Turbo cab in 2 years??)

Choice #3 Trade my 2004 Turbo Cab +$19000 in for a 2005 Turbo "S" Cab. (will it be worth $14k more than a standard turbo cab in 2 years. Is it worth it?)

The logical choice seems to be #1 to me. Get a newer model year for only $5k more when it is worth $10k more on resale. However, do you guys think the Turbo "S" will hold value better? I'm not leasing, but, checked residuals and the companies doing the leases don't think so as residuals are the same between Turbo "S" and standard Turbo.

Anyway, your help is greatly appreciated.

Lou

Old 12-06-2004 | 12:59 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Lou,
why not a different car, or better yet wait for the new TT. basically u're going back & forth with the same car. keep dumping in more money into another turbo does not make too much sense. u know better the S will not hold the value when the newer car hit the market, then saving money is ur best gain now!

Old 12-06-2004 | 01:48 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Arling makes a good point. It's the same basic car so why not keep what you have because, whatever choise that you shall make, they will ALL depreciate significantly.

In the great scheme of things, $5000 is not that big a jump. People spend as much on wheels alone, which never adds any resale value to the car. Option #1 is, certainly, tempting especially if you found a car that you like. Black, for example.

If I place myself in your shoes I have to ask myself if I would do it or not. For a different car maybe, but for the same car? I, probably, would not do it. I'm more than satisfied with my car and if you feel the same way, then, don't get rid of it.

I voted for option #1 just because your losses would be minimal, at least.

Last edited by 03-turbo911; 12-06-2004 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2004 | 05:46 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
The 2005 Turbo S Coupe is the 30th anniversary of the Turbo and I wish I had one instead of mine. I don;t know why Porsche isn't milking it more than they are... plus I like the lines of the coupe over the cab.

Old 12-06-2004 | 07:32 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
I've had this debate with my girlfriend over and over and she's won me over on it ... convertibles are for WOMEN ... doesn't matter if it's a Ferrari or a Porsche ... not the fact that it's a convertible but the issue of when the rag top is up it's silly for a man to be driving ... we agreed the SL is ok because it's a hard top ... keep in mind that's just MY opinion and not fact!!!

Dario

Old 12-06-2004 | 08:47 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Like has already been mentioned, I wouldn't trade it for another turbo. Those are all pretty much the same as what you have already.

Old 12-06-2004 | 09:05 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
Coupe Turbo "S"

Old 12-06-2004 | 09:48 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by DarioTexas
I've had this debate with my girlfriend over and over and she's won me over on it ... convertibles are for WOMEN ... doesn't matter if it's a Ferrari or a Porsche ... not the fact that it's a convertible but the issue of when the rag top is up it's silly for a man to be driving ... we agreed the SL is ok because it's a hard top ... keep in mind that's just MY opinion and not fact!!!

Dario

ROFL Dario. Hey pal, that is the worst poppycock I've heard yet.

Lou: You should have put Turbo Coupe as one of your choices. This time, the "S" line doesn't have the same effect as the 993 Turbo "S". I can't put my finger on the reason, but the upcoming S isn't as classy, sought after, Passionate?, as the old turbo S.
I personally, am not a big fan of the turbo cab roofline, and prefer alternative convertibles (IE Viper, SL, Ferrari, ) But I"ve told you that.

I say look for an 03 or o4 turbo coupe, or just keep the current cab, add coilovers, techart nose, EVO / Imagine Stage IV, and tint.

Old 12-06-2004 | 10:08 AM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
Lou,

The "smart" money would be on the Turbo Cab S.

First the car is hard to find and thus more exclusive. The Banks don't know much about the different models and use probability tables to determine car residuals. By making the models the same they're insulating themselves against the possibility that the S will have the same residual but they won't. They will demand a premium.

Second, unless you are going to track your car the cab is the ultimate sports car! More dangerous than the coupe and the closest thing you'll experience to a motorcycle but on 4 wheels! Of course a woman would say that a cab is for a woman! Men get a much better look at women in a cab than a coupe and that's what it's all about for them, "maximum" exposure! Even married woman want to be flattered by other men! So when you’re in the cab with your honey, the “other†women wish they were in that car with you!

Third, you’ll be taking advantage of the "value" pricing of the combined X50 engine enhancement package and the PCCB Brakes!

Fourth, you'll be the envy of all the TT-Cab owners on this board!!

In the end, regardless of your choice, you'll have one of the best cars in the world so don't fret and enjoy your baby!!

~Rob

Old 12-06-2004 | 11:32 AM
LSM
|
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for your opinions guys. My line of thinking getting the same car is that I have a gauranteed trade value that is $8k higher than wholesale. In addition, I am getting a $7k discount of the car I choose. The reason I even consider the 2005 Turbo Cab is because I can trade my car and pay only $5k to get it. Resale wise, when I trade, the 04 Turbo Cab will be worth $10k less than the 2005 Turbo Cab.

I guess I am just wondering if you guys think I should go with the "S" over the standard Turbo and if I should get a cab or convertible.

As far as production numbers, the Turbo "S" coupe will be much much more rare than the Cab. They are only making like 150 Turbo "S" coupe and 550 Turbo "S" CABS. Don't know if that affects anything.

Also keep in mind, I will keep my Z8, so please keep the opinions coming, I really don't know what to do!!

Lou

Old 12-06-2004 | 11:41 AM
Originally posted by LSM

As far as production numbers, the Turbo "S" coupe will be much much more rare than the Cab. They are only making like 150 Turbo "S" coupe and 550 Turbo "S" CABS. Don't know if that affects anything.
I wouldn't really factor that into your consideration because production numbers are never etched in stone at Porsche. Rather, they usually build (more than) as many as they can sell. Many of the guys around here were given limited production numbers for the 04 TT cab too, but that also turned into an as many as they can sell (if not more) deal too. Dealers started getting "pool cars" pretty quickly after the limited production scam was bought and cars were ordered based on that. I see no reason to think the 05 S will be any different.

Old 12-06-2004 | 11:52 AM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Time for a slightly used 360.

Old 12-06-2004 | 11:56 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
btw Lou i voted TTS coupe

Old 12-06-2004 | 12:38 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by DarioTexas

Dario
Ouch!! I'm hurt.

Now I have to save for a sex change operation, or maybe womens clothing would do. Or I can just leave the hard top on. Or give my car to my wife, wait a minute she can't drive a stick.

Old 12-06-2004 | 12:52 PM
Originally posted by neil.schneider
Ouch!! I'm hurt.

Now I have to save for a sex change operation, or maybe womens clothing would do. Or I can just leave the hard top on. Or give my car to my wife, wait a minute she can't drive a stick.
Yes, I expect to see a lot of women driving around in CGTs, 360 spyders, and Merci Roadsters with the top down (but I don't for some strange reason). Is so fun stereotyping, but unfortunately it's not as easy as it may seem because it requires a large amount of ignorance which doesn't come as readily to everyone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: POLL: Which Turbo should I trade my current 04 Turbo Cab in for?? Details inside