996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thought I Would Try and It Fit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Steve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really nice
I'll try to get a few pictures and pm you.
Thanks.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The front of the cage mounts to the lower seat belt bolts and the rear to where the rear seat belt mount is like the below picture. The question of will the cab top fit over it I have no idea. Install on the cab top down will be a quick one though!

Front bolts -
Pass Side

Driver Side

Rear Mount (prototype bar pictured) -

This video helps too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTFqx...layer_embedded

Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 PM
joe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to behold
Roll Bar Install Notes

I purchased one of these from Dan and am pleased with it thus far. Fit and finish are good, as expected. It arrived well wrapped on a pallet. Install was not overly challenging, though it did not come with install instructions.

Here are a tips that may save others some time puzzling it into the car:

1.) Go in through the driver's side door, above the door. I tried to get it in from the passenger side thinking that would be easier, but the steering wheel was in the way. Also remember to push your steering wheel all the way in to maximize room.

2.) take both the horizontal and diagonal bars off. This gives you the needed flex to get the bar into place.

3.) Take you rear seats out. The only position they can stay in with the bar installed is up, which blocks the Bose sub box, and the seats are not safely usable with the bar in anyway.

4.) Put the bar in the car leaning forward and put the rear into place and then lean it back into place.

5.) Put the cross and diagonal bars back in before you put the front seats in as it's just easier to do so without the seats in the way.

Definitely a two man job, and a few hours of work, but not overly challenging.

Also, note you need an E12 Torx socket to get the front seat bolts out (other write-ups are good on the seat removal and install), and the rear seats had some sort of star bolt that I was able to remove with a torx wrench.

Last edited by joe731; 04-16-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Glad to hear! Post pics