996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A Rat made my Porsche its home.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Dennis, so you park your Z in the living room in front of the big screen? Nice..
LOL...yeah was hard to get the wife to go along with that one.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
I thought you had figured out a way to play Gran Turismo through the Z...

Old 12-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Not nearly as exciting as the cat that crawled under the hood of my 70 Road Runner with a blower on it. Started it up and cat parts started flying all over the place. It took a kitten and kept on ticking.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
VAGtuner is infamous around these parts
Story of the week...

Old 12-03-2009, 07:13 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I've tried those little sticky pads, and my sisters little Yorkie (looks like a little rat), got his front paws and head stuck in one, that was something funny watching him try to get out of it while making it worse at the same time.

I need to watch the garage, we get field mice running around here quite a bit.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 PM
av2
av2 is infamous around these parts
One time after washing my car, I popped the hood and "holy shi@%#%!" A rat was standing on top of my supercharger (C32) on two legs. I have to admit, I screamed a little... Now, I just plug in one of those high pitch pest repellents and no sight of them ever since.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:04 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by av2
One time after washing my car, I popped the hood and "holy shi@%#%!" A rat was standing on top of my supercharger (C32) on two legs. I have to admit, I screamed a little... Now, I just plug in one of those high pitch pest repellents and no sight of them ever since.
Believe it or not your "high pitched" scream......and sight of you probably did the trick. They will become accustom to the sonic (high pitch) devices sold on the market just as they do in very loud industrial and commercial businesses.

It's a "band-aid" that proves to be unsuccessful in the majority of circumstances. Many independent studies have shown this. You got lucky if the device actually worked.

The best rodent control program is a combination of several things. Eliminating harborage areas close to your home, garage or shop, seal all openings (any dime-size hole is a good rule-of-thumb), install and monitor traps and possibly (if a large problem) professionally install tamper-proof bait stations with a single-feed anticoagulant on the exterior in areas where non-target animals may be. Monitor them regularly and re-bait when needed.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
I was chasing a mouse for quite some time. I would find garage insulation and other "nesting" stuff right next to the battery tray in the Porsche. After laying some traps... one mouse dead. Next day a new nest in the car. A couple days later... i opened a garage and startled a chip munk. He jumped hella high in the air.

I chased him in the garage and kept spraying brake clean at him. Finally he popped out and was seriously 6 inches from my foot. He was staring right at me. I could had drenched him..but i looked right at him and said... "yo... I really don't care if your chillin in the garage.... but stay the hell out of the cars, bro." He stood there for a second then ran out into the yard into one of his little holes. Haven't seen him since.

I do leave black sticky pads inside porsche next to the battery tray.. and under the wire harness. No signs of anything so far.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
i had a mouse problem for a while and used the sticky pads but after seeing a live mouse stuck to it in obvious pain and discomfort i will never use them again, i'm not a tree hugging hippy but those things are just plain cruel, i use regular mouse traps now which kill instantly rather then make the little things suffer for hours or days

Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 PM
CAA
CAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to all
Well, i set traps and bait stations and the little fu@#er is nowhere to be found. My car is still getting rewired so maybe he's waiting for my car to get back home...

I'll get him this time.....

Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Get a rat terrier (jack russell or similar). They love chasing and eating the little rodents and will bark like crazy if they crawl someplace they can't catch them.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Rodents, ugh... Somehow, my car trailer, and my friends car inside, attracted mice this past summer... took weeks to get rid of them from the trailer and the car.

My shed also went thru the same thing... LOTS of decon and amazingly they're gone...

Now, about those squirels... My business partner's X3 has had brake and fuel lines replaced TWICE due to them chewing on the lines... he's actually seen them do it... The tree huggers among us will claim that squirels are cute little fury creatures... They're TREE RATTS and I shoot them with great frequency...

Mike

Old 12-05-2009, 06:35 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
very interesting post.....

Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
mix a little cement with any dry food it hard on their insides... have you given any thought to what peta thinks abou you pic..i mean that rat may have ratling at home.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 AM
gt2rs6 has a spectacular aura aboutgt2rs6 has a spectacular aura about
this is a great post! i once had a cat get in my garage and then into a crawl space.. my dogs ( i have 5 dogs 2 of them are pitt bulls) started barking and acting funny with the floor of my den so i figured a stray cat got in there.. i left the garage door open a bit and went to bed figuing after the dogs flipping out he will leave...NOPE garage was tossed and my motorcycle seat was scratched.. so i had enough my one pitt wanted to go into the crawl space so i let her...you should have heard the noises.. i called her back out.. she had a bloody nose and mouth so i figured if this thing is alive it will leave now cause the crawl space is not safe...i left the garage open for an hour... then went back in the pitt was sniffing around and then there he was a FAT black cat a stray i have seen...this thing straight climbed a wall lol... and took off.. and i stilllll see that bastard but you can bet he wont be back in my garage this winter lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Rat made my Porsche its home.