996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A Rat made my Porsche its home.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM
CAA
CAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to all
A Rat made my Porsche its home.

OK, now i have seen it all. Last week i tried to fuel up my car and it wouldn't take any fuel. It would spit it out. I took it to my mechanic, Vision Motorsports and they figured it was the fuel trap that sometimes goes bad and wont open properly...No big deal. They replace it and it still wont take fuel.

After opening up an inspection area, we then notice some wires that look like they were eaten away....

Im thinking WTF is going on. They then remove all of the undercarriage coverings and there it is; a perfectly constructed Rats nest with bits of my dogs food neatly stored....My dog is now eating inside and my cat is spending a bit of special time in the garage...

Here's a picture for all to enjoy.....

Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Time to put a little peanut butter on a trap and slide it under your car while its parked.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
you need to kill that thing quick before he eats through anymore wires

Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
I've got one in my shed that moved into my golf bag- found golf *****/tees all over the floor, apparently they got in his way. Nasty little creatures!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
The corn-fed rats from the farms up here are the worst, personally had one in my shed as well, ate through 3/4 plywood subfloor and made a nest...

Old 12-02-2009, 11:38 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Funny, I just caught this MOUSE last night. The thing was springing mouse traps and eating the bait...so I used a Rat trap...it was about 7" long.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:42 AM
obrienkp is infamous around these parts
I had a rat crawl into my A4 one time a few years back. Right up front with the fan and belts. Well i started the car and my power stearing was immediately out, so I had the car towed. When they opened the hood, there was blood and legs sticking out from around the fan area. They replaced the torn up belt and cleaned out the engine and I was good to go!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Damn, could have been worse.. Those sneaky bastards will get in anywhere. Take steps now to avoid future problems!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear about the problem...Rodents can be VERY destructive. I've been in the Pest Management industry for over 28 years. I've seen things you wouldn't believe. I keep good quality glue boards out all year long. This is much cheaper than the alternative...

Old 12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
4000 Posts!!!!!!!!

I once came out and caught a squirrel under my car, for the second time, eating my fuel pump wires. A quick trip back inside for my .22 took care of him, but not before it took me all day to fix.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJ'sZ
Sorry to hear about the problem...Rodents can be VERY destructive. I've been in the Pest Management industry for over 28 years. I've seen things you wouldn't believe. I keep good quality glue boards out all year long. This is much cheaper than the alternative...
Dennis,

Where can I pick up quality sticky pads. I'm going to get some for my garage. I've seen a few running around.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bmoores
Dennis,

Where can I pick up quality sticky pads. I'm going to get some for my garage. I've seen a few running around.
Not sure where your at Ben but if you can find a pest control supply outlet such as Solutions http://www.solutionsstores.com/locations.aspx Lesco, Univar or similar outlets you can find some quality glue boards.

Not sure if Lesco or Univar has store fronts though. You might want to check your local hardware stores but they usually don't carry the quality glue boards such as Stick-em (Eatons) or Trapper (Bell Lab). If your ever in Baytown I can hook ya up.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:25 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Dennis, so you park your Z in the living room in front of the big screen? Nice..

Originally Posted by DJ'sZ

Old 12-02-2009, 03:59 PM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
Good reason to drive the car a little more often, no rodents in my car but did come across an black widow after it sitting for a few weeks.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Back when I used to live up north, I once came outside and found two squirrels in the back of my old Jeep Cherokee. They looked to be getting very friendly with each other, so I did what any respectful guy would do. I went back inside, and got the keys to my other car and drove that instead. It was cold outside, I felt bad. They had also filled my glovebox with acorns, which I discovered a few days later..lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Rat made my Porsche its home.