996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any Portland, OR guys here hear of Northwest Investment Cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Procera is infamous around these parts
Any Portland, OR guys here hear of Northwest Investment Cars?

They have an '02 tt on their website and I think it's been there for at least a month so am wondering if anyone has info on it or the dealer. I would post in the NW forum but most people in that forum are from WA.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:40 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
No....but Investment and Cars shouldn't exist in the same sentence...

Old 12-02-2009, 07:41 AM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
They aren't that far from where I live. I know of them, but have no personal dealings with them, nor can I think of any friends or associates that have bought vehicles from them.

I was always turned off by the name as adam699 said, just doesn't seem right and if I recall when I got my dealers license, the state really frowns upon ''investments'' and ''cars'' being used in any kind of marketing.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Banned
swing2hard is infamous around these parts
I don't know why it's still on their website, because its sitting in my garage

Old 12-02-2009, 02:07 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
...agree
Originally Posted by adam699
No....but Investment and Cars shouldn't exist in the same sentence...

Old 12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned
The name of the business doesn't concern me as much as the deal on the car, It's a beautiful car.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Are these the guys down on TV Highway ? Visited them a couple of times when I used to live in PDX, they were not that far away from Nike campus.
Always had a nice, diverse selction of (what looked like) clean cars. Mostly did business through the internet.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Banned
No they are on Canyon Rd. in Beaverton.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Yeah, been away for too long. That's the place.
TV Highway turns into Canyon, once past 217

Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
I have. I bought a car from them and returned it the very next day. They have a terrible reputation with folks around here. Any local p-car mechanics have loads of stories. Don't do it.

I bought a 76 911 from them with 16k miles. Car looked good. Paid cash. The have a 72 hour return policy to give you time for 'Post Purchase Inspection' ......My mechanic at MSI in town called me with the bad news. Two head bolts were broken.....they were already broken. Oil was everywhere. I only had the car for an hour and they did not allow a test drive. Needless to say...I took the car back. Drove it right into the middle of the showroom floor..engine smoking and everything. The young(punk) saleman asked me what the problem was.....I handed him the head bolts and told him I was not leaving without my money back. To make a long story short, I got my money back. The next day I bought an '84 from a local club member. It just so happens I had to go back to NorthWest Investment to return the car cover from the 76. I drove the '84

Guess what? they had the car cleaned up...back on the showroom floor....!

I could not believe it. Salesman(punk) was surprised to see me. Of course I asked him how he could put the car back on the floor knowing it needed just a little work.....uh huh....

He told me it was a consignment car and he really didn't care. What about the owner? I asked......maybe you should let him know? Nah it's ok....we'll sell it...

I was furious.........still am actually and that was4 years ago.

So......that's my story. that was like therapy

Last edited by rbuisa; 12-02-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 PM
rbuisa,

interesting story. I was actually contemplating driving down this weekend to have a look but it's a 3 hr drive one way. I wonder if they are still crappy 4 years later but most dealerships usually are aren't they? Glad you got your $$$ back though. Hopefully they didn't give you too much of a runaround. I'm still tempted to check it out though, get it inspected, etc. etc.

There's also a black tt with 42k miles on it at a Ford dealership in Hillsboro. Too bad these weren't closer for me to check out.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

There's another one closer to me but it's $47k and over 60k miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Last edited by Procera; 12-03-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned
Wow! that is a horrible story. I haven't had any issues with it at all other than it needing a set of tires, & those are being mounted today. I am glad you got your money back.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 AM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
Procera, let me know if you come down this weekend. I may be headed to Bend but if I don't, I could offer up another set of eyes.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Ipecac is infamous around these parts
Hm... I would have thought the first two warning signs would have been:

1. no test drive (what the heck??)
2. no PPI - I thought the PP stood for "pre-purchase"... inspection?

Those guys sound like a bunch of jerks. I'm glad you got your money back!

Old 12-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by rbuisa
Procera, let me know if you come down this weekend. I may be headed to Bend but if I don't, I could offer up another set of eyes.
Thanks, but I called them and they told me the car was sold.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Portland, OR guys here hear of Northwest Investment Cars?