996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally drove GT2 - first impressions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Wow! Beautiful GT2! Congrats!!!
Thanks - it is stunning in person. Very clean.

Originally Posted by bmoores
One of my fondest memories of the mile was Marty crusing the paddock in the Prowler blaring "tonights gonna be a good night"
I'll have to buy a bigger trailer and tow rig if I am to bring down the Prowler in March. I have to admit is was very entertaining to see Marty cruising.

Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Eric, Big congrats man on the 2.. It is an elite club to be in and man your machine is a monster.. Respect and emjoy it for all she's worth!! Kenny
Thanks - I learned respect the hard way awhile back and believe me I won't forget.

Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Along with a good set of Blu Blockers....he'd have every girl in the area.
unbutton his shirt and add a few gold chains and he would of been a **** star

Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I will be the first to tell you, rear end wallow when letting off throttle or under braking is touted as "normal" for these cars or rear engined Porsches in general, this is NOT TRUE. Drag radials can magnify that feeling, but I would still check into it.

Trust me, after trying to sort my suspension for 2+ years, I realized what a proper setup should feel and perform like. I had the same type of feeling your car had, wound up being wrong toe settings and worn out toe links.. The rubber bushings get worn out and flex, change them out to solid/adjustable toe links and get a sick alignment/corner weight and balancing setup done.

CONGRATS again, and enjoy the hell out of it, but please look into this as it will make the car so much more enjoyable/usable and confidence inspiring while utilizing the car's true potential! Let me know if you need help formulating a setup for your car, I had some of the best guy's in the industry help me out..

Martin
Martin -

Thanks for the advice. It does move - it is not what I consider anything dangerous but I do plan on looking into a little further. I am looking for a second set of rims to put on either some sport cups or R888's - then I should be able to see if the DR's contributed to the squirm. I know that the DR's on the Z06 made the back end move and it is solid as a rock on hoosier R6's.

I will definitely contact you if I need to address the issue. The car is not going to be come a track car but it is going to see some action.

Eric

Originally Posted by flash68
I thought your Vette was sweet bro... this takes it to another level. Congrats.
Thanks - The vette is a lot of fun on the road course and I will have it for many years to come. The GT2 has been on my wish list for awhile now and when this one become available I was fortunate enough to be able to acquire it.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Martin -

Thanks for the advice. It does move - it is not what I consider anything dangerous but I do plan on looking into a little further. I am looking for a second set of rims to put on either some sport cups or R888's - then I should be able to see if the DR's contributed to the squirm. I know that the DR's on the Z06 made the back end move and it is solid as a rock on hoosier R6's.

I will definitely contact you if I need to address the issue. The car is not going to be come a track car but it is going to see some action.

Eric
Eric understood, may not be dangerous but if it can be fixed easily and for pretty cheap, then why not?

I have a sick hookup on 85-90% shaved R888's in 18" sizes for like 130 each, 275/305/335, let me know if you want the contact. I have stacks of 335 rears sitting They are really good tires for the street and hook damn well, for the track? I stick to R6's myself or Pirelli/Dunlop slicks!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Prowling in the Prowler

Ok Eric....I just noticed the Prowler in your sig....there has to be a story around that purchase because I know you otherwise have very good taste in cars!
Actually, he bought it for me so that I could cruise the pits at the TX MILE
and similar track events....

Old 12-04-2009, 11:30 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
One of my fondest memories of the mile was Marty crusing the paddock in the Prowler blaring "tonights gonna be a good night"
Ben,

I just fell off my office chair, LMAO !!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Eric,
Let's take it for a "spin" today.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Eric understood, may not be dangerous but if it can be fixed easily and for pretty cheap, then why not?

I have a sick hookup on 85-90% shaved R888's in 18" sizes for like 130 each, 275/305/335, let me know if you want the contact. I have stacks of 335 rears sitting They are really good tires for the street and hook damn well, for the track? I stick to R6's myself or Pirelli/Dunlop slicks!
I agree 100%. I will just have to see what it is like with different tires. DR's do tend to wonder.

I'll get with you sometime on the R888's - one can never have enough tires.

Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Actually, he bought it for me so that I could cruise the pits at the TX MILE
and similar track events....
Looks like I am going to need a KPG rig to go to events.

Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Eric,
Let's take it for a "spin" today.
Anytime weather permitting. I just got back from picking the Z06 up from DRM - traction is an issue when it is 19 degrees out with a nice thin layer of snow/ice on the road.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Beautiful color combination, the wheels look awesome! Congratulations!

Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche323
Beautiful color combination, the wheels look awesome! Congratulations!
Thanks - the wheels look great with the other black accents on the car.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:36 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Not to threadjack Eric but I was hoping Jamie might be able to elaborate a little more on how he was able to pull so much camber out of the rear.

Thanks.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Not to threadjack Eric but I was hoping Jamie might be able to elaborate a little more on how he was able to pull so much camber out of the rear.

Thanks.
Ben -

No problem. I would like to know also - the set up would help at the mile and for roll-ons.

Eric

Old 12-06-2009, 11:53 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

Thanks.
No problem....all it took was me asking the race shop to do it, but I do remember it took them awhile. That was on the 315 18" BFG's. Eric, I left the corner balance/alignment slip in the glove compartment.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
No problem....all it took was me asking the race shop to do it, but I do remember it took them awhile. That was on the 315 18" BFG's. Eric, I left the corner balance/alignment slip in the glove compartment.
I'll look and see if it is in there.