996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Recent purchase: 03' 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Recent purchase: 03' 996 TT

After many years of hard work to get to the semi-successful state that I am in I have finally pulled the trigger on a mint 2003 Porsche Turbo. Owned by a older gentleman in Ohio who only drove it less than 1k miles in his 4 years of ownership. Evidently he owns a company with another guy and four years ago they went to a Lexus dealership and he commented on how nice that Pcar was. Well, the next day his buddy went and leased that car and gave it to him as his company car. But when asked four years later why he rarely drove it his answer was simple. He owned a trucking business in a low-income part of town and the driveway to the office was dirt and gravel due to the trucks ripping up concrete it was cheaper to just have gravel/dirt. So, he never really drove it since he worked most often 7 days a week. I think that and the fact he was getting to be nearly 70 yrs of age so getting in and out was causing him problems. He preferred his Caddy SUV.

Fast forward to today... I ordered a new set of tires as the previous ones were/are flat spotted and that doesn't make for a smooth drive. Other than that everything is golden so far. I jumped onto the highway and it's amazing... no matter what gear I chose I can push myself back in the seat. Hitting 90 mph seems to happen in a flash. Humming along with other cars I feel like I'm in the Millennium falcon. And when I hit the go-pedal things get moving.

I love this car. Everything about it. With only 17500 miles it still smells new inside. Leather, mmmmmmm....... Even when I turn the car on I get a nice sensation up the back of my neck.

With the power this car already has on tap in stock form... another 50 - 75 hp from a simple ECU flash seems like it would create a BEAST. But I will hold off for now.

And yes, I know there are no pictures. Just close your eyes and imagine it.

Last edited by NoRoom4Error; 12-08-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the dream. Mine was always to own a 911 Turbo since 8 years old. Still have the poster. I hope those feelings never get old.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Sounds awesome!! but without pics I can only imagine myself in my car zipping down the highway!! Were gunna need some pics or this never happened

Old 12-08-2009, 09:38 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Nice buy. It SOUNDS like a nice car, but well without pics who can really know for sure??

Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
wow

I know the car, I almost bought it , but I didn't believe the guys explanation for the repaint on the front fenders, when I had it to the PPI I was told to stay far away from it. I know th eguy was flexible on the price as I think he still quite a bit and just wanted to pay off the note. By the way I am just kidding about any and all damage, the car is sweet but was 8 hours away from me. Congrats and enjoy they are awesome machines.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Wow, big congrats! I remembered reading your posts stating that you always wanted one... a dream came true.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Enjoy her...and post some pics...colour?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YZWILLY
I know the car, I almost bought it , but I didn't believe the guys explanation for the repaint on the front fenders, when I had it to the PPI I was told to stay far away from it. I know th eguy was flexible on the price as I think he still quite a bit and just wanted to pay off the note. By the way I am just kidding about any and all damage, the car is sweet but was 8 hours away from me. Congrats and enjoy they are awesome machines.

Funny.

8 hours?!?! I flew to Madison Wisconsin from California....

NoRoom- CONGRATS MAN...

A

Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Congratulations! Owning a Porsche Tubo is a special event. Are you going to bring it to Germany?

I will be bringing mine over if I get a job in Weisbaden.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
Congrats! sounds like a sweet ride. Seems like you were patient to find the right one....good things come to those who wait eh?

Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
Wow, if all it needs are tires, then you got a smokin deal on that bad boy! Congrats and enjoy it in good health!

///Michael

Old 12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Procera is infamous around these parts
O M G

Great deal!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I have an 03 996 Turbo as well. I have wanted a Porsche since the 2nd grade. My older sister had a friend I was in love w/ ( or as much as a 2nd grade boy can be w/ a 6th grade girl ). I soon found out and saw my 1st Porsche car. I could not believe a guy could be so lucky as to have a girl and a car to find so attractive w/ the same name.

The girl... well I don't know what happen to her. The car... Well my wife gave me the down payment for my 40th birthday and I live a dream driving it everyday!

Congrats.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
You almost gave me a heart attack!!

Originally Posted by YZWILLY
And to everyone else, when I get from a business trip in Atlanta I will get some pictures. I only wish the best to everyone in achieving their goals and getting these kinds of toys. Thanks for all the great comments.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Gunther
Congratulations! Owning a Porsche Tubo is a special event. Are you going to bring it to Germany?

I will be bringing mine over if I get a job in Weisbaden.
Heya Gunther... no I won't be going back to Germany any time soon. How's life in the GS world? Your wife still overseas?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recent purchase: 03' 996 TT