996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Coldest Temp Gauge Reading? (-9 F) this am...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 AM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Coldest Temp Gauge Reading? (-9 F) this am...

Just curious what the range on the temp gauges are?

Also, I took a pic this am of -9. Anything I should be concerned about with the car at these temps? I am running good snow tires.

M

Old 12-09-2009, 08:15 AM
slick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura about
burrr.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:20 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
Just curious what the range on the temp gauges are?

Also, I took a pic this am of -9. Anything I should be concerned about with the car at these temps? I am running good snow tires.

M

I'll trade ya? I'll be in Telluride next weekend can't wait! This is our typical winter.

Last edited by 2muchtime; 03-24-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Mine is the coldest F degrees, last winter in my Cayenne S (-30 F)

Cant find pic, I will find it.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 AM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
I'll trade ya? I'll be in Telluride next weekend can't wait! This is our typical winter.

Crap, 88 degrees at 12 am? Were you in a hot garage or something?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Crap, 88 degrees at 12 am? Were you in a hot garage or something?
My 9 year old daughter set the clock on daylight savings, it really is 12pm
It still is hot! I was unfortunately driving down the highway

Last edited by 2muchtime; 12-09-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 AM
My 9 year old daughter set the clock on daylight savings, it really is 12pm
It still is hot! I was unfortunately driving down the highway

Got it! That makes way more sense.

Well, it's still nice to know that these cars can be used in the extremes. Pretty reliable.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Damn that's cold! Our weather has been crazy in Houston. Snow, cold, heat, cold, then back warm next week. I don't think even it knows WTF it wants to do. LOL!

Old 12-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Powell
Damn that's cold! Our weather has been crazy in Houston. Snow, cold, heat, cold, then back warm next week. I don't think even it knows WTF it wants to do. LOL!
I'll be down that way shortly. Looks like wife and I will be relocating to Austin (Round Rock) in the next 6 months.

I look forward to selling my snow tires/wheels.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:29 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I'll be down that way shortly. Looks like wife and I will be relocating to Austin (Round Rock) in the next 6 months.

I look forward to selling my snow tires/wheels.
You might wnat to hold off. Austin gets is fair share of ice every year. I think last is was pretty bad. Only last a day or two.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by function12
You might wnat to hold off. Austin gets is fair share of ice every year. I think last is was pretty bad. Only last a day or two.
Have the awd Infiniti for those days.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:04 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Intercoolers? I don't need no stinking intercoolers!!!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Intercoolers? I don't need no stinking intercoolers!!!!!
No Kidding, but that raises another question that I had this am.

It was cold, but the highway was clear and dry for part of my drive in. I got to open it up in 4th and it didn't seem to have quite the power that I would see on, say a 35 degree day.

The readout was still read 1.0 BAR, it just didn't feel like it.
Engine was up to temp at the time.

Can extreme cold have a negative effect on power output?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:08 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I feel the same things in my cars, especially in last nights -11F. My guess is the lube and grease throughout the car is much less viscous, making it seem like there is less power.

No Kidding, but that raises another question that I had this am.

It was cold, but the highway was clear and dry for part of my drive in. I got to open it up in 4th and it didn't seem to have quite the power that I would see on, say a 35 degree day.

The readout was still read 1.0 BAR, it just didn't feel like it.
Engine was up to temp at the time.

Can extreme cold have a negative effect on power output?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:31 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Here's winter from friends abroad...

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coldest Temp Gauge Reading? (-9 F) this am...