996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UK member, ECU tune from the US?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:03 AM
TwinT is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up UK member, ECU tune from the US?

Hi All,

Happy holidays!

Im looking for a tuner to give me a flash for what I have now and then updates as I take the car further.

My GT2 goes in for a K24/26 upgrade next week.

I will be doing the 5bar fpr at the same time.

I currently have a Tubi 100 cell already and have headers to add.

Also have Forge DV's.

Will get this work done and then add Intake plenum and throttle body kit in the future so will need to be tuned again.

Who offers this update program as you move forward with the cars tuning?

Thanks

Lee

Old 12-13-2009, 10:31 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Love the color of your car. I guess you can see why. I see you are in Surrey. I lived in Chobham for 7 months in the '70's. Loved it.

Isn't Cargraphic in the UK? You may be better off going with a local firm for after buying customer service. I know McLaren is in Woking but perhaps they don't cater to the public.

Otherwise I can highly recommend Kevin at Ultimate Motorwerks, he's a highly respected turbo tuner over here. He's my tuner and I've been very happy with his work. He also has many upgrades available. His hand held programmer takes about 30 seconds to use. You just plug it into the OBD port, push a couple bottoms and you're done. Good luck.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks Landjet! I know Chobham well.

Parr who are a Cargraphic agent are very close to me.

The US tuning scene is far more advanced than the UK and I would find it hard to find a tuner close to me that is familiar with tuning a car with a hybrid turbo setup and also willing to perform a retune when I add mods without charging the full cost again.

This seems fairly common of the US tuners?

So I have thought about using a tuner that can let me upload the file myself.

Are the costs of the Ultimate Motorwerks solution common knowledge?

I know Softronic also offer this solution.

Any others?

Thanks

Originally Posted by landjet
Love the color of your car. I guess you can see why. I see you are in Surrey. I lived in Chobham for 7 months in the '70's. Loved it.

Isn't Cargraphic in the UK? You may be better off going with a local firm for after buying customer service. I know McLaren is in Woking but perhaps they don't cater to the public.

Otherwise I can highly recommend Kevin at Ultimate Motorwerks, he's a highly respected turbo tuner over here. He's my tuner and I've been very happy with his work. He also has many upgrades available. His hand held programmer takes about 30 seconds to use. You just plug it into the OBD port, push a couple bottoms and you're done. Good luck.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
We do many overseas ecus. Do you have aftermarket wastegates?
We and a handful of tuners offer programming
good luck
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
We do many overseas ecus. Do you have aftermarket wastegates?
We and a handful of tuners offer programming
good luck
markski
Hi Marksi, the wastegates will be upgraded to 1bar items.

Can you PM me a price?

Thanks

Old 12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Markski, Evoms, Softronics, FVD, UMW, EPL are all reputable names. I think all of them are in the sponsor section for you to email.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious why you're going with K24/26's? I was under the impression that those are kind of obsolete and now the K24/18's and K24/20's are better choices when going with K24 hybrids? Correct me if I'm wrong, is there benefits of the 26's over the others I mentioned? I'm going by memory here so I may not be totally accurate, but I thought one of the problems with the K24/26's is that they fall off on the top end. Don't take my questions wrong, I'm sure you did your homework before you chose them, I'm just curious how you came to this choice. How much power are you looking to get out of the K24/26's after tuning and flash?

Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Twin T,

We have a program for the K24/26's already. Here are the details...

We can tune for all of the hardware that you have on your car already to maximize the power. You will be able to upload the file yourself via our Flashclient cable.

You can email Alex at FVD Germany for pricing and more info - Alex@fvd.de

Our distributor in England is

FVD England
Power Marques
Phone 01724-784-897 Fax: 01724-783-871
E-Mail: powermarques@ntlworld.com

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Mother is infamous around these parts
+1 fvd

Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Did you get anything sorted with this Lee?
Wernt Fearnsport doing remaps for around £500 recently at that it may work out cheaper to go to them then go back once the next lot of mods are done.
Who did you turbo's ? I may convert to 18g's next year.