996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Found a great Ipod solution for pre-MOST

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 AM
All Mack is infamous around these parts
PV: thanks for the recommendation. I ordered it on your reccie...installed it yesterday afternoon and the TT is now crankin from the pod nicely. Thanks for the tip, mate.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
So happy to help!
I remember my own frustration at getting something that worked AND that was simple to install.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
Placed my order today!

http://www.iwirep.com/products/iwirep-220-ipod

I will eventually go with the Dension Gateway 500 and an XM Sky Dock using my iPhone, but for $49 you just can't go wrong.

iwire has 3 solutions depending on your needs, but this one will charge and play the iPod Classic I plan to use for now.

God Bless the search function.

Last edited by Durango Kid; 09-04-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
I just received the same cable but am having a hard time removing the PCM unit from my 2002. I'm reading there are two spring loaded tabs that I need to depress to slide the unit out. Can anyone confirm this is all and there are no screws? I was successful in removing the horseshoe trim piece around the unit.

If and when I get it out I can confirm to you stock Nav guys that this solution will (or won't) work for PCM based pre-MOST cars.

Thanks

Old 09-05-2010, 07:20 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Got the PCM out out and I can confirm the iWireP works with a factory PCM/NAV unit. Plugs right into the back of the PCM after removing the connected CD changer in the boot.

After install press 'CD' button and you've got your ipod music.... sounds so much better than that cassette adapter. LOL

Old 09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
The two blade-like tools that came with the cable are all you need to remove the radio.

However: you mention PCM. So you have the pre-most NAV unit instead of the CDM220.

If so, you may want to check and confirm with the cable vendor that your model is supported.

Mine simply had the single-DIN radio/cr changer control unit and came out fine with the two supplied tools.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Never mind

Congrats on your install!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
I installed the iwirep this morning. Very detailed and easy to follow instructions. I was intimidated to try it. It took me less than 30 minutes to complete including reading the instructions.

Now I can listen to my iPod while it charges through the cable! Very satisfied.

My first MOD

Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 PM
dwdwdwwd is infamous around these parts
I have latest Nano and iPhone 3G. With iPhone I could only use cable to charge phone and I could use this cable for audio with LATEST Nano (have no idea what generation it is) but it wouldnt charge.

Is that right?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:10 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
I have a jvc KD-AVX77 and I love it! Its all touch screen, which turns black when your not using it, if you want(blends in nice with my black dash). I run my iphone4 through the bluetooth connection(ipod and telephone) all controllable through the headunit, even shows the album artwork. If I ever have to charge it on the road I just use the old school cigarette charger like all other phones. I even rigged it to watch movies on it while you drive. Passenger only of course. But I also have a usb connector under the dash(you can't see it but you can easily access it by just reaching) which I just use a thumb drive with all my music on it and bam a thousand songs all excessable through my headunit and if I want to add more I just remove the thumb drive download the new songs to it and back in business. (you can also hook your iphone through here to watch your videos through it etc.)
The only hard part was building my own connectors(premost) as they don't exist for some reason. And shoving all the connectors into the dash as this headunit connects to anything you could imagine.
I just hated the factory stereo, the power it put out to the way the controls worked.
This may not be for everyone but thought I might share.

Last edited by gearhead; 09-26-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Is this place still in business? been trying to call them for 2 days, goes right to voicemail and no call back!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
eglivincent is infamous around these parts
i received mine from iwire ~1 month ago. install was super easy with the instructions and i'm happy with the results! they were a bit slow in shipping, but nothing too bad.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:11 PM
GMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Tarek307
Is this place still in business? been trying to call them for 2 days, goes right to voicemail and no call back!
Yes they are still in business. They never return calls but they do return emails. Their shipping is a little slow too.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Is there another source that actually answers customers calls & ships fast?

Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM
dwdwdwwd is infamous around these parts
I ordered bundle (charger+cable) 2 months ago and still didn't recieve it.

To be honest they requested additional payment for shipping and I noticed it almost 3 weeks after my order but I'm still waiting 5 weeks now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Found a great Ipod solution for pre-MOST