996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Found a great Ipod solution for pre-MOST

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
It's a one man operation, but they are legit. Email is your best bet. Keep trying, it's worth it!

Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
No SubstiTTute is infamous around these parts
FWIW, I ordered mine on Nov 2, paid with Paypal, and it arrived today via USPS first class. Hope to install it sometime this week.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I have 1 of these I can't use if any1 is interested.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 AM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
I have 1 of these I can't use if any1 is interested.

pm sent....

Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 AM
dwdwdwwd is infamous around these parts
Recieved mine today. I'm having small problems with installation but I think I'll manage to figure it out

Old 11-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Is it charging 6th gen?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM
quietcoolone is infamous around these parts
my iphone 3G won't charge. found new solution!!

I do not have the iwire solution but a pie solution working until i got the new iPhone (3G). When i connected the iphone the pie a warning message on iphone screen stating the iphone will not charge. But not only that, i could not get it to play (the iphone built-in speaker would play). Somewhere i read that the iPhone (and other ipods) charge on 5V USB and the pie cable charges 12V Firewire and i should try scosche adapter ($29.95) .
Anyway after some more research i went back to the vendor from which i purchased the pie solution and found a new solution called the Blau/8-din , which can be used with 3 other cables. I opted for the dock connector which they state will play and charge the 3G and older iPods. I emailed the company and was assured it would work with my iPhone and the CD-R220 radio.
I placed the order and two days later the parts were in my mailbox. Waited until the weekend and installed this thing in less than 15 minutes (i already had some experience removing the radio). This works. When i plug in my iphone the airplane warning message comes up, hit "NO" and the music plays loud and clear and the iphone charges. Another cool feature is that if i get a call the music will mute and resume play after the call has ended.
This cable also played/charged my ipod photo (60G).

caution:
The instructions says to connect the black wire to +12V on pin 5 (amp turn-on or something like that). I already tapped into a 12V ignition for the pie solution so i used that. At first everything worked, but as soon as crank the engine the iphone would stop charging and the warning message appears on the screen. Turn the engine off and charging resume. Figured i should follow the instructions and moved the black wire to pin 5 (amp turn on) and that solved the problem. I emailed discount car stereo about this and was told that the cable is "voltage sensitive" and with the car running the ignition wire changes from 12 to 14.4V, but the voltage on the amp turn on wire remains @ +12V. I doubled checked with a voltmeter and that proved to be true. So there you have it. If you opt for this solution make sure to connect the black wire to the amp or antenna turn on wire (they included a blue t-tap).
By the way, i have the pie solution for sale -- works with any ipod that charges on the firewire pins (12V).

12/10 Update.-- I'm told that a modification has been made so that the +12V charging wire can now be connected on any 12V supply including pin 7, pin 4 or pin 5

Last edited by quietcoolone; 12-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
Finally installed the iWireP I got from Hogapalooza (thanks) and with the AUX on/off instructions that pvanosta posted it was an easy DIY. Did the GDO and alum dash strips at the same time. Thank gawd for search!

Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 AM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
Does this cable work with PCM I and iphone 4 ?

Thanks

// André

Old 04-06-2011, 05:35 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Mine works with PCM1 but you have to keep one of the CD changer plugs plugged ina nd you have to have CDs in the changer. WTF? It works with my 3G iphone too. Anyone else have this?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:58 AM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by quietcoolone
I do not have the iwire solution but a pie solution working until i got the new iPhone (3G). When i connected the iphone the pie a warning message on iphone screen stating the iphone will not charge. But not only that, i could not get it to play (the iphone built-in speaker would play). Somewhere i read that the iPhone (and other ipods) charge on 5V USB and the pie cable charges 12V Firewire and i should try scosche adapter ($29.95) .
Anyway after some more research i went back to the vendor from which i purchased the pie solution and found a new solution called the Blau/8-din , which can be used with 3 other cables. I opted for the dock connector which they state will play and charge the 3G and older iPods. I emailed the company and was assured it would work with my iPhone and the CD-R220 radio.
I placed the order and two days later the parts were in my mailbox. Waited until the weekend and installed this thing in less than 15 minutes (i already had some experience removing the radio). This works. When i plug in my iphone the airplane warning message comes up, hit "NO" and the music plays loud and clear and the iphone charges. Another cool feature is that if i get a call the music will mute and resume play after the call has ended.
This cable also played/charged my ipod photo (60G).

caution:
The instructions says to connect the black wire to +12V on pin 5 (amp turn-on or something like that). I already tapped into a 12V ignition for the pie solution so i used that. At first everything worked, but as soon as crank the engine the iphone would stop charging and the warning message appears on the screen. Turn the engine off and charging resume. Figured i should follow the instructions and moved the black wire to pin 5 (amp turn on) and that solved the problem. I emailed discount car stereo about this and was told that the cable is "voltage sensitive" and with the car running the ignition wire changes from 12 to 14.4V, but the voltage on the amp turn on wire remains @ +12V. I doubled checked with a voltmeter and that proved to be true. So there you have it. If you opt for this solution make sure to connect the black wire to the amp or antenna turn on wire (they included a blue t-tap).
By the way, i have the pie solution for sale -- works with any ipod that charges on the firewire pins (12V).

12/10 Update.-- I'm told that a modification has been made so that the +12V charging wire can now be connected on any 12V supply including pin 7, pin 4 or pin 5
So in order to get it to work i need to order these 2 items?

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=993
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1401

Do i need them both ?

Thanks for the great write-up

// André

Old 05-15-2011, 07:05 AM
mikble911 is infamous around these partsmikble911 is infamous around these parts
Ok, I'll admit, I'm technologically challenged so please bear with me......I have an PCM1 (2002) and an iPhone 4. What do I need to buy to play my iPhone music through my NAV/radio? (ps, I have no CD player). Please also let me know if: A. this will charge my iPhone and B. What control/display will I have on my PCM1?

Thanks!
Michael

Old 05-30-2011, 01:21 PM
SoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud of
Anyone have an iWireP for their Porsche 996 or Boxster that they want to sell?? I haven't been able to get in touch with the company, even after ordering from them via PayPal...

Old 05-31-2011, 10:12 PM
McSworley is infamous around these parts
iWire

I too have called iWire at least a dozen times and left messages with NOT one return phone call.

You have any luck ?

JIM in Texasto a rep or did you order it directly off the site?[/quote]

Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 PM
SoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud of
I just got an email from him yesterday guys. He has been swamped with school; he is finishing up his Masters. Anyway, he sent me an email saying he would have mine shipped out soon and this morning I got an email confirmation from Paypal letting me know that my iWire is on the way. Email is the best way to reach him; just be persistent.

And fyi, I ordered mine directly off the site.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Found a great Ipod solution for pre-MOST