996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

LI meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 08:38 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
LI meet

Red Devil coordinating meet this sunday Dec. 12 for ride to OBI towards jones beach and early breakfast. PM Red Devil or Dr Bill for details. BMW and a few Ferrari guys will be joining us.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I can't make it, my car is still in the shop
Have fun, be careful on that stretch of road by OBI, huge speedtrap.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:55 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
My car is on the way to Miami Billy

Old 12-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
I grew up on LI and had many fun times at the Oak Beach Inn (we'd go by boat, which was cool), but I heard they tore it down. Did they rebuild it?

Old 12-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Nope, going to be condos or something. Fun place with lots of interesting history about the owner and his fights with everyone from politicians to the mob.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:04 PM
obi

Originally posted by Red Devil
Nope, going to be condos or something. Fun place with lots of interesting history about the owner and his fights with everyone from politicians to the mob.
nothing used to beat a day at field six followed by hanging out at OBI EAST...

Old 12-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
Yep--I have friends who live around 10 houses away on the water, and heard a lot of stories.

My favorite OBI story--we went one night by boat, and as we were boarding to leave, the water was a bit rough and I nearly missed the boat deck as it drifted back and forth. My friend behind me had too much to drink, so I told him to grab my hand since the boat was moving a lot, but--being the macho guy he was--he refused. He took one step off the dock and...splash...into the drink he went! He's lucky he didn't get wedged between the boat and dock, and--of course--he never lived that one down!

Old 12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Officer Cartman is infamous around these parts
Details? I may show up, depending on the time you guys are meeting, and what the plan for the day is.

Old 12-08-2004, 04:13 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Will be in the city this weekend, not going to be on the island, have fun.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:07 PM
mpwrmodena is infamous around these parts
If anyone is interested I work at a paisley automotive and can get you in as a group for a dyno meet. We use a Evo/ STi shops dyno down the block from us for all our testing. They have a AWD dyno, perfrect for use on the 996. A bunch of friends in supras went there last weekend and the rate was 3 runs for $50. I suggest meeting at millridge inn at 8am or so then taking the long way there down OBI, and eventually end up on vetts highway at the shop. If anyone is interested please post.
-Dan

Old 12-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by mpwrmodena
If anyone is interested I work at a paisley automotive and can get you in as a group for a dyno meet. We use a Evo/ STi shops dyno down the block from us for all our testing. They have a AWD dyno, perfrect for use on the 996. A bunch of friends in supras went there last weekend and the rate was 3 runs for $50. I suggest meeting at millridge inn at 8am or so then taking the long way there down OBI, and eventually end up on vetts highway at the shop. If anyone is interested please post.
-Dan
meetup at MI at 7:45 am followed by drive to OBI then breakfast in Merrick/wantagh. after breakfast, anyone interested back on parkway for dyno. sounds great!

Old 12-09-2004, 01:05 PM
mpwrmodena is infamous around these parts
Just let me know what everyone thinks cause I need to tell them for sure if its going to happen. Otherwise they will just not open the shop on sunday since its closed anyways.
-Dan

Old 12-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Dan, not enough interest for dyno.

Old 12-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Sean is infamous around these parts
Dan, not enough interest for dyno.
jim...are we meeting at mri at 07:30 or at the ihop on 25?

Old 12-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Sean
jim...are we meeting at mri at 07:30 or at the ihop on 25?
Sean, meeting at IHOP AT 7:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LI meet