996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMSit or Protomotive??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I think you've got your answer there... both do great stuff/work and depending on what your path is (present and future) it's certainly wise to stay in your own backyard and get support etc...

Old 12-18-2009, 10:21 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Both have incredible knowledge, astounding really if you dig deep.

Good luck, today you have so many choices and so much more power potential than
most of us had when we began our journey. Close proximity is important.
If I lived within (2-8) hours of Sharkey, I would use him and visit him regularily.

MK

Old 12-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I think you're pretty safe with almost any tuner especially if you are doing Exhaust and flash, maybe diverters. That's about as basic as it gets.

If you have an X50, turbos S, GT2 or nay K24 car definitely get upgraded wastegate springs.

Save your money on the hoses and intake kits.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:49 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
If I lived within (2-8) hours of Sharkey, I would use him and visit him regularily.

MK
I'm not so sure that's very good advice...from everything I read on here, you go in just to say hello and come out with 100 extra hp, which would be cool except the side effects include their patented wallet weightloss program

Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 AM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
+1 For Proto, 1 very happy customer

Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm not so sure that's very good advice...from everything I read on here, you go in just to say hello and come out with 100 extra hp, which would be cool except the side effects include their patented wallet weightloss program

Oh thats the truth!

Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 PM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by robmd99
I have had three tunes on my car and I will never use anybody but Todd K and Protomotive.
This begs the question, what were your other 2 tunes and what didn't you like about them?

Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by silly34
Mark,

You're still an ***.
Not my fault, you brought it on yourself.

Does your wife know you are harassing me?

How about your new employer?

If changing the format of a forum upsets you this much, you need to get a life.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
Not my fault, you brought it on yourself.

Does your wife know you are harassing me?

How about your new employer?

If changing the format of a forum upsets you this much, you need to get a life.

My God dude you bring a lot of drama.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:11 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
I own a non related forum, I changed some things around and got stuck with a bad layout that is being worked on.

silly34 got bent out of shape and got banned over it, he's got an axe to grind and apparently has followed me here

Sorry, I have notified the mods

Old 12-19-2009, 03:18 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmy k
This begs the question, what were your other 2 tunes and what didn't you like about them?

EVOMS was one of them and GIAC the other i believe and i dont have anything good to say about people that dont have time to talk to a customer or answer there questions when the car they tuned is now non operational (Evoms).

Old 12-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
I own a non related forum, I changed some things around and got stuck with a bad layout that is being worked on.

silly34 got bent out of shape and got banned over it, he's got an axe to grind and apparently has followed me here

Sorry, I have notified the mods
He followed you here? I'm not a fan of stalkers. He's gone...

Old 12-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
He followed you here? I'm not a fan of stalkers. He's gone...

Thank you sir.

Sorry for the probs folks.

On with the subject at hand

Old 12-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
EVOMS was one of them and GIAC the other i believe and i dont have anything good to say about people that dont have time to talk to a customer or answer there questions when the car they tuned is now non operational (Evoms).
Rob's car had GIAC tuning but never EVOMSit if I remember correctly. I've had good luck talking to the EVOMS people and they have been good at answering my questions. Hell I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with John talking about building a motor and I've never bought a thing through them directly (I use to deal with the late iA).

Old 12-19-2009, 03:35 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I live 30 min. away; I'm seriously thinking moving further away.

But again, every dime was worth it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit or Protomotive??