996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMSit or Protomotive??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:40 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
I'd say at this level you can't go wrong with Proto, EPL or EVOMS. Really, there is but one shop I'd stay away from. I personally saw the stuff they put into a car......and lets just say the invoice didn't quite match up with the actual parts that were installed......

Old 12-19-2009, 03:43 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmy k
This begs the question, what were your other 2 tunes and what didn't you like about them?
Rob never had Todd Z tune his car. EVOMS was a reseller of GIAC that was the tune on Robs car. Dont know about a third tuner though? Softtronic?

Old 12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $manager
I'd say at this level you can't go wrong with Proto, EPL or EVOMS. Really, there is but one shop I'd stay away from. I personally saw the stuff they put into a car......and lets just say the invoice didn't quite match up with the actual parts that were installed......
That must have been the Bello special..... This happens more than we think..

Old 12-19-2009, 06:06 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Nope... it is Some Great shop west of Bello......way west.....

Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $manager
Nope... it is Some Great shop west of Bello......way west.....
Would it be "The Speed Gallery"?

Old 12-19-2009, 09:05 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
EVOMS was one of them and GIAC the other i believe and i dont have anything good to say about people that dont have time to talk to a customer or answer there questions when the car they tuned is now non operational (Evoms).
Wrong!!!,Evoms never tuned Rob's car.In fact the closest they have ever been to Rob's car physically was at this years Texas mile and I think they were still a half mile away from it.Rob's car was sent to IA and I believe Rob was not happy.It was a GiAC tune and for that matter I am not even sure the kit that he had on his car and bought thru IA was a true Evoms 700 kit (All this at no fault of Rob)......on another note....OS Inspector,did we meet a the Texas Mile this year?

Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Joe is correct.
Robert

Old 12-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
If you are 2 hrs from Harrison Ar ( I am 90 miles ) you won't drive your car to the Protomotive Shop. It's a few miles down a dirt road and you have to cross a creek ( no bridge, though the water is my understanding ) to get there.
All Porsche cars come in on a trailer. All the employees drive 4x4s.
But I'd go w/ Protomotive.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:04 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
My only experience has been with Protomotive. I can't speak for the others mentioned but I'm very happy with Todd Knighton's wizardry.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
protomotive... EOS

Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
GIAC also makes great tunes and has the option of a flash switcher to run stock (boost), pump and race gas. They probably have more flashed 996TTs than anyone (maybe more than everyone combined) by simple virtue of being the most widely distributed flash as of 2 years ago. EVO, Imagine, Sharkwerks, Lucent, GMG (runs factory race teams), AWE all sold GIAC tunes until EVO came out with their own brand (EVOMSit) and everyone chose sides.

To the OP, whoever you go with, make sure to get upgraded wastegates with the K24 turbos that come on your car. IMO all you need to get the most power out of your Turbo S are:
  • Exhaust
  • Flash (tell your tuner that you are getting wastegate springs)
  • 1 BAR Wastegate Springs (make a big difference, don't skimp here)
  • Billet diverters (you can wait till yours break, this is really a maintenance item)
Originally Posted by Powell
Rob's car had GIAC tuning but never EVOMSit if I remember correctly. I've had good luck talking to the EVOMS people and they have been good at answering my questions. Hell I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with John talking about building a motor and I've never bought a thing through them directly (I use to deal with the late iA).

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 12-20-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 AM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
If you are 2 hrs from Harrison Ar ( I am 90 miles ) you won't drive your car to the Protomotive Shop. It's a few miles down a dirt road and you have to cross a creek ( no bridge, though the water is my understanding ) to get there.
All Porsche cars come in on a trailer. All the employees drive 4x4s.
But I'd go w/ Protomotive.
Well, I guess there facility is secure!

Have had several emails with Todd K and am going with him, both due to the interaction with him and overwhelming response here.

Thanks all!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Both have incredible knowledge, astounding really if you dig deep.

Good luck, today you have so many choices and so much more power potential than
most of us had when we began our journey. Close proximity is important.
If I lived within (2-8) hours of Sharkey, I would use him and visit him regularily.

MK
Hehe thanks Marty and I'm eagerly awaiting your GT3

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm not so sure that's very good advice...from everything I read on here, you go in just to say hello and come out with 100 extra hp, which would be cool except the side effects include their patented wallet weightloss program
LOL it's not my fault. At least not always

Originally Posted by MY996TT
I live 30 min. away; I'm seriously thinking moving further away.

But again, every dime was worth it.
Heh thanks Eugene.... See that yello cab is coming back in Jan for the GT660 now

Old 12-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
Well, I guess there facility is secure!

Have had several emails with Todd K and am going with him, both due to the interaction with him and overwhelming response here.

Thanks all!

Heard many great things about many of the tuners.

The only I have had the pleasure thus far of dealing with was Todd Knighton at Proto..... what more can I say than has already been said.... he is an awesome tuner, a stunning guy and the most committed man I have ever met.... he helped me out all the way.... and I live in Singapore!!!!

Having said that... the assistance that a lot of the 6speed community provide is stunning.... Sharkwerks.... I am still waiting to do something with you and I am sure that my experience with you guys will be as pleasurable as it was with Todd!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:57 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I've met both Todd Z and Todd K. I've also met Tym Switzer. I don't think you could go wrong with anyone of the three. I think that being close to one of them would be the deal maker - being able to drive over and get help is priceless.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit or Protomotive??