996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Volk Rays on a Porsche 996TT...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:28 AM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
So Japanese wheels are NOT ok but american wheels are ok for Porsche? The only problem I have with those wheels are Volks TE37's have been on every Japanese car that was ever made! It is like TE37=Japanese tuner car. They make good wheels but it is just a little odd seeing them on Porsche.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:28 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Volk makes some very good quality wheels and they're very lightweight usually. Styling on the other hand is a personal choice. To me, they teter on the edge between ugly and awesome. It really depends how it's done and the two pics are excellent examples. I think they look terrible on that white turbo above, but on the red one with blacked out wheels, they look fantastic.
+1 on volk quality, and rays makes some F1 wheels too, so they are among the BBS's wheels of the world, quality is as good as any.

Volk makes some nice looking wheels to. The TE's are just not one of them, at least on a Porsche. They look awesome on a 350z though when they are concave.

Old 12-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Gsxryder415 is infamous around these parts
I'm actually selling my set if anybody is interested. Asking $2kobo. Wheels are in great condition, no bends or cracks. Just some minor curb marks on the red lip that have been touched up, nothing major. You would definitely have to change the tires but they still hold air. Fronts are 19x8.5+40 rears 19x12 +65. I will throw in the lug nuts and H&R spacers for the rear. (Same exact wheels as the one on the red GT2).

Shoot me an email at Gsxryder415@aol.com if interested.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:51 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I agree with what Scott mentioned.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:21 AM
phoenix1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Project911
What do you think about having Volk TE37s on a Porsche? I had those on my Honda long ago, but Japanese wheels on a Euro car??
I think it's a matter of personal preference. I think it's fine as long as you like the look. I know Japanese wheels are usually made of a very high quality which I can't say for some of the well known 3pcs wheel companies that a lot of exotic car owners are sporting. These companies which are usually based in the US are using barrels made from China and outsourcing the machining of the centers to any machine shop. These "high end" wheels companies are really just good at marketing. So it makes me laugh when someone is bragging about their new set of $8000 rims because I know exactly how and where they were made.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:04 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
One of my favorite wheels of all time.. I got to see some bronze rays on a black f40 and it was beyond baller.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
I have them on my car, They are not the best looking wheel on a porsche. But if you are hard core and like light wheels for weight reasons they are the best. If you stick to just rolling on A1A these are not the wheels for you.

Chris Green

Old 12-27-2009, 10:09 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Project911
What do you think about having Volk TE37s on a Porsche? I had those on my Honda long ago, but Japanese wheels on a Euro car??
What kind of front end is that? I like it!!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Basically another vote for it mattering to you, not what everyone else thinks, when it comes to wheels on your car. The Volks are well made, strong and light. Now personally I don't care that they are more often seen on Japanese cars at all, I loved the look of them on Dan's (Vivid) 996TT and plumped on them for my car. I am very happy with them and often get compliments. Since getting them (been over a year now I think) I have noticed them on a couple of P-cars at DE events and one NSX, thats it...

Old 12-28-2009, 01:03 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by my996
What kind of front end is that? I like it!!
Top Secret, amazing japanese tuner...

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/

Old 12-28-2009, 02:21 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jiaim
Top Secret, amazing japanese tuner...

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/
The rear bumper looks like they were trying to emulate an Audi R8. Personally, I don't really like the looks of that car, the rockers are completely too boxy for me just for starters. There's actually a number of things that just remind me of the old Chalon 914 Kits. But I do like that it's another choice out there. The more choices the better and there's something for everyone.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:39 AM
jgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura about
one of my favorite wheels... on one of my favorite cars.
Work Equip. done.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:11 AM
heeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura about
I have Volks on a NSX look great. A porsche is going take some getting use to for me.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:26 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Looks awful,nasty,dreadful

Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
What do you think about these wheels for a 996TT? I've been thinking about picking up a set in 18's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Volk Rays on a Porsche 996TT...