996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installed a set of GT3 Wheels *PIC*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
These pics are scray. Makes me want to stay home till I can change my wheels.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 PM
docwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to all
I really like the OE turbo twists. The GT3 wheels look good too, but I wouldn't replace the OE turbo twists with a set of replica GT3 wheels...

Old 01-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Looks Good.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:44 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
how about some cracked HREs

cracked ssrs

Old 01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
So regardless of what kind of wheels you have, check them on a regular basis is what I get out of this thread. Sure some wheels are better then others but in the end the stress and forces they are under seem to take their tole on all of them.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 PM
docwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to all
Wheels are wear items, particularly ones used at the track. They should be inspected regularly...

Old 01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
I have cracked the spokes of the very best there is, 3-piece BBS mesh style racing wheels just due to sheer exhaustion (slicks and power and 3h endurance races). They would have looked the same as many scary examples posted above if the team wasn't checking them all the time. Ignorance will get you there no matter what wheel.

OP: Those GT3 wheels look good on your car! Car looks a little lighter and will be even better looking with a drop (especially front) and 7mm spacers rear - GT3 style wheels go very well on the TT with white color!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Going back to first shot, they look even better on your car than I thought when I saw these online. Rears have a nice concave, not as much as 12x18 GT2, but enough to look nice. Car looks more contemporary than with the Turbo twists, again all u need for a very solid oem look is a drop, a bit more aggressive rake (lean forward) and spacers.

Look fwd to more pics!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Going back to first shot, they look even better on your car than I thought when I saw these online. Rears have a nice concave, not as much as 12x18 GT2, but enough to look nice. Car looks more contemporary than with the Turbo twists, again all u need for a very solid oem look is a drop, a bit more aggressive rake (lean forward) and spacers.

Look fwd to more pics!
thanks, i'll snap more once i get her washed

Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SigFan229
Holy Hell! the entire center hub failed... every single spoke sheered off... wow..
Once one spoke goes the rest won't be far behind - especially running shaved or slick tires at the track. For the street? I'd worry less about it on the street. The pic with the hub out carries more weight with me honestly than a 4lug wheel ripped in half.

Will OEM GT3 wheels work on the 996Ts? I REALLY like the look with the black center and silver lip! Personally I'd like to be running 18s and not 19s so I have my eyes open...

P.S. The SSRs with the lip crack look like they probbaly hit a pothole. Look at how the cracks are about 6inches apart - pothole! The face crack, that is more of a mystery. Those are EXPENSIVE wheels too so yes obviously a wear item! Slicks obviously load them up with side stress and you can see that one pic is taken on a flatbed too so who knows what the rest looks like all wadded up...

Last edited by BLKMGK; 01-03-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by legendr34
thanks, i'll snap more once i get her washed
We still need to get together!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
We still need to get together!!!
for sure, we'll setup a photo shoot

Old 01-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Finalspeed is infamous around these parts
Car looks good, drop her when you get a chance and inspect everything regularly. You should be fine.
+1 for the white TT

Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Ahmet is infamous around these parts
Ages ago I wanted to buy a set of "Made in Italy" replicas. Miglia was the manufacturer I believe. Went through 9 wheels trying to find 4 that were acceptably straight. After that they also rubbed in the rear (the size/offset that the vendor had sold me), thankfully they stood behind the product.

Anyway, oddly enough, I wouldn't worry about them too much for safety, particularly for a car that's primarily used on the street. I also think they look great, but have no problem w/the factory wheels either.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Will OEM GT3 wheels work on the 996Ts? I REALLY like the look with the black center and silver lip! Personally I'd like to be running 18s and not 19s so I have my eyes open...
OEM GT3 wheels WILL work, but only WITH a spacer. If you get the GT2 wheels, no spacer is needed. It just so happens that my factory setup doesn't need the spacer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed a set of GT3 Wheels *PIC*