996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installed a set of GT3 Wheels *PIC*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by legendr34
GT3 Style actually Got them on ebay for about $750 shipped, new Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110, $530, I think they look great, the offset is great, designed for the 996 turbo and c4s. Made in Italy, if that even means anything.

I weighted them at 26lb fronts and 30lb rears, about the same as the OEM non-hollow turbo twists

Here's a quick snap, I'll take some good photos this weekend perhaps
(I agree, I need to lower it once I sell my exhaust system, I can use it towards coilovers)

I have been Watching Their Listing for a while know... Did you get them from here? http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have been meaning to get them for a while now but i havent yet... I want them as my Winter Set... My Car actully came with GT3 Wheels from Factory (Option) but i sold them https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...area-only.html soon after as i was a big fan of Turbo Twist... Now i regret selling them... My Mistake is i got Solid Spokes, should have gotten Hollow Spokes for my Winters because they are the Lightest...

I havnt bought those GT3 wheels yet as im still wating for a set of fair Priced Hollow Spokes to come along... But if not ill end up getting these GT3 Rep, i have been wanting to get them and paint them GT3 RS Orange... looks great on Arctic Silver :P

Just incase anyones Intrested in the Weights

TT II's WB Hollow Spokes are 20.5lb Front and 25.5lb Rear (Could be 22f-26r)
TT II's WB Solid Spokes are 25.5lb Front and 32lb Rear
Real GT3 WB are 24lb Front and 27lb Rear
Rep GT3 WB are 26lb Front and 30lb Rear (According to legendr34)

Last edited by Zookie; 01-04-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
The Hollows are great, especially for weight. The only thing I don't like about them is that they all spin in the same direction, and are thus "opposite" on each side of the car (one side will spin "forward" the other "backwards"). Looks off to me.

Not that we're discussing (save to consider your acquiring an aftermarket set of lightweight wheels), my 9ff's are 19 front and 22 rear. HRE's and Champions are stupid light also. Love em. And Zookie, like you've indicated, my notes say 22f and 26r for the hollows.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Superfly; 01-04-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superfly
HRE's and Champions are stupid light also. Love em.
Thats why i love my Champion Motorsport RG19's F=19lb and R=20.5lb and these are 8 and 11.5X19, This coming Summer will be my 4th Summer with them :P

Old 01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Zookie
Thats why i love my Champion Motorsport RG19's F=19lb and R=20.5lb and these are 8 and 11.5X19, This coming Summer will be my 4th Summer with them :P
Wow, for 19" rims, that's hella light!!! Beauty wheels man, beauty!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
I have been Watching Their Listing for a while know... Did you get them from here? http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have been meaning to get them for a while now but i havent yet... I want them as my Winter Set... My Car actully came with GT3 Wheels from Factory (Option) but i sold them https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...area-only.html soon after as i was a big fan of Turbo Twist... Now i regret selling them... My Mistake is i got Solid Spokes, should have gotten Hollow Spokes for my Winters because they are the Lightest...

I havnt bought those GT3 wheels yet as im still wating for a set of fair Priced Hollow Spokes to come along... But if not ill end up getting these GT3 Rep, i have been wanting to get them and paint them GT3 RS Orange... looks great on Arctic Silver :P

Just incase anyones Intrested in the Weights

TT II's WB Hollow Spokes are 20.5lb Front and 25.5lb Rear (Could be 22f-26r)
TT II's WB Solid Spokes are 25.5lb Front and 32lb Rear
Real GT3 WB are 24lb Front and 27lb Rear
Rep GT3 WB are 26lb Front and 30lb Rear (According to legendr34)
I did buy it from them, they ship very quickly

Old 01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I did buy it from them, they ship very quickly
Cool Thanks... I have Emailed the guy several times asking about the Weights but he told me he does not have that Info... I told him if you can get me the weights that will help me Buy the Wheels from you, but no Reply... Now Thanks to you, i have that Info (left you Rep Points) and i might just Pull The Triggers in the Near Future... Just wating for the CND Dollar to get Par or Stronger than USD, almost there :P

Originally Posted by Superfly
Wow, for 19" rims, that's hella light!!! Beauty wheels man, beauty!!!
Thanks

Attached Images  

Last edited by Zookie; 01-04-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Cool Thanks... I have Emailed the guy several times asking about the Weights but he told me he does not have that Info... I told him if you can get me the weights that will help me Buy the Wheels from you, but no Reply... Now Thanks to you, i have that Info (left you Rep Points) and i might just Pull The Triggers in the Near Future... Just wating for the CND Dollar to get Par or Stronger than USD, almost there :P

Thanks
Although it was measured using a household scale, it should be decently accurate

Last edited by legendr34; 01-04-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
a66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to behold
Although it was measured using a household scale, it should be decently accurate
Oh SURE IT IS, and you thought you lost 12 pounds in a month? Just Kidding!!!

Love that car color, plain and simple and with or without the TT's she's perty.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Were these particular wheels sized to fit a 996T or are they GT3 offset requiring a spacer? How are they fitting overall?

Edit: Okay I see in the ad he says sized to fit but... how well do they fit? What are you using for center caps since it seems he ships blanks?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Were these particular wheels sized to fit a 996T or are they GT3 offset requiring a spacer? How are they fitting overall?

Edit: Okay I see in the ad he says sized to fit but... how well do they fit? What are you using for center caps since it seems he ships blanks?
these were made for the widebody, no spacers needed. the offset looks great, you can use oem centercaps, the color match is flawless

Old 01-05-2010, 12:02 AM
These GT3 wheels are the Same Spec/Offset as Factory WB GT3 wheels that were an Options on 04 and 05 C4S and TT... Many people dont know the WB Did come with GT3 wheels as a Option it was not just Exclusive to the NB GT3

Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
These GT3 wheels are the Same Spec/Offset as Factory WB GT3 wheels that were an Options on 04 and 05 C4S and TT... Many people dont know the WB Did come with GT3 wheels as a Option it was not just Exclusive to the NB GT3
How often do the factory wheels in this style\size come up and are they way more expensive? I looked briefly on Suncoast but didn't see them. Finishline has some that look right but I cannot help but wonder if they aren't factory P wheels <ahem>

Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
GT3 Style actually Got them on ebay for about $750 shipped, new Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110, $530, I think they look great, the offset is great, designed for the 996 turbo and c4s. Made in Italy, if that even means anything.

I weighted them at 26lb fronts and 30lb rears, about the same as the OEM non-hollow turbo twists

Here's a quick snap, I'll take some good photos this weekend perhaps
(I agree, I need to lower it once I sell my exhaust system, I can use it towards coilovers)

LOVE IT, Classy and functional-perfect !

Old 01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Last930 is infamous around these parts
I bought a set of real GT3 wheels off Ebay for around $1400 - it was worth the extra $. They are great looking wheels.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Last930
I bought a set of real GT3 wheels off Ebay for around $1400 - it was worth the extra $. They are great looking wheels.
Its hard to find an oem set though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed a set of GT3 Wheels *PIC*